Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-themed banner to be waved during Super Bowl XLVIII in MetLife Stadium.  (Read 7139 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:48:15 PM

How did me made customized QR code? That is awesome. I wish to learn. Please. Please. Please. Grin

If you're asking about creating a QR-Code that links to a URL, simply Google "QR Code generator" (without quotes). It's a free service. All the added stuff you see above was adding via Photoshop by Bitcoinwunder, of which I paid for his services via a bounty campaign I had running.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:22:17 AM

I will be at the Super Bowl if you are still looking for someone to wave the banner at the game.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:53:54 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 01:12:46 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I will be at the Super Bowl if you are still looking for someone to wave the banner at the game.

Finally, some good news, albeit I've encountered an issue on my end due to the printing of the banner by my local printer. The banner was supposed to be finished today, but received a phone call stating that it'll be delayed till Friday due to lack of employees Monday and Tuesday because of the extremely low temperatures here in Northern Illinois. I cancelled the order, for fear it'll be too late to receive, then still have to ship to a yet unknown Super Bowl XLVIII attendee.

I came here now to express the above, but was greeted by your wonderful post.

But, there's still a solution if you're so game: I'll send you the graphic file, whereupon you'll have the printing done locally, of which I will pay FULLY via BTC for the printing of the banner and whatever other charges associated with doing such amounts to. For reference purposes, the cost associated for doing such here in Illinois is $54 USD for a one-sided, three foot square banner. I ordered two banners with the intent of sewing them together, thus making it a two-sided banner, but feel free to forego the two-sided option unless you feel advantageous.

After posting this, I'm going to PM you so that we can work out all the details if you're still inclined. I took the liberty and read some of your post history, and feel very confident with you, not taking time to do any further vetting.

I'll assume you'll do your damndest to somehow get this quasi-Bitcoin-themed banner broadcasted on FOX and seen by it's 100M+ viewers during Super Bowl XLVIII. As I've mentioned, afterward you'll get to keep the banner to do with it as you wish. Bear in mind, it'll be worth a helluva lot more if all goes to plan.

Thank you, bud.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

At the very, very, very least, if all goes according to plan, 2014 will be the first year that Bitcoin makes a Super Bowl presence, even if not seen on national television during the game. Ideally, we would like to have as many photos as possible of the banner being displayed inside and out of MetLife Stadium so that others could use the photos down the road to further Bitcoin awareness.

To paraphrase Leonard Cohen: First we'll take Manhattan, then we'll conquer Mount Everest.
~TMIBTCITW
predictbits

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

Do you have a sign for the Broncos? A friend of mine (real estate broker who accepts bitcoin) is vlogging his journey to the superbowl (flight, hotel, ticks, food/beer, etc.)  using only bitcoin. I'd love to have him hold up a sign and support.
CryptoCommodity

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:01:01 AM

I am not sure I will have time to get the banner produced.  I won't have time to get it made locally as I am flying out tomorrow and I don't have connections nor the time to get it done in the NY/NJ area.

It's unfortunate I didn't see this sooner.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:09:36 AM

But, there's still a solution if you're so game: I'll send you the graphic file, whereupon you'll have the printing done locally, of which I will pay FULLY via BTC for the printing of the banner and whatever other charges associated with doing such amounts to. For reference purposes, the cost associated for doing such here in Illinois is $54 USD for a one-sided, three foot square banner. I ordered two banners with the intent of sewing them together, thus making it a two-sided banner, but feel free to forego the two-sided option unless you feel advantageous.

Paging BCB https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54113

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:01:28 AM

I am not sure I will have time to get the banner produced.  I won't have time to get it made locally as I am flying out tomorrow and I don't have connections nor the time to get it done in the NY/NJ area.

It's unfortunate I didn't see this sooner.

What if I somehow got this produced in NY/NJ and had it delivered to your hotel room (assuming)? In fact, this could almost be pulled off I knew which hotel you're planning on staying at, whereupon I'll have the printer deliver it to the front desk.

We are so montherfuckin' close to seeing this through fruition, I can taste it!

~TMIBTCITW
CryptoCommodity

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

I am staying at the Waldorf Astoria.  If you would like to have the banner sent to the front desk that works for me.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:05:36 AM

I am staying at the Waldorf Astoria.  If you would like to have the banner sent to the front desk that works for me.

Damn, we are at the eleventh hour now, with tomorrow being Friday and no idea if a printer in NYC would print on Saturday, but I have one ace in the hole to see this to fruition: Bruce Wagner, located just down the street (basically). And that's if he's not outta pocket.

Damn! Damn! Damn! What to do?

HELP!

~TMIBTCITW
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:43:23 AM

<BCB> TheButterZone: sure.  Have him hit me up
<BCB> TheButterZone: I could get it printed a kinkos
<BCB> I've had them do banners before

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:20:11 AM

This is a fabric banner. Are you sure?
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:28:40 AM

Ask him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54113

http://www.fedex.com/us/office/banner-printing.html?lid=bannerpic_SnBpage_banners

I know vinyl banners exist, not sure if FedEx Kinko's are vinyl though.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:57:40 AM

Ask him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54113

http://www.fedex.com/us/office/banner-printing.html?lid=bannerpic_SnBpage_banners

I know vinyl banners exist, not sure if FedEx Kinko's are vinyl though.

Looking on YouTube, vinyl would work. My mind kept thinking of some hard plastic-like material each time I read the word vinyl, but this should work fine, albeit don't know if a crease will happen if folded if worn in under a layer of clothing. The size I'm looking at is 3" x 5" vertical.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:02:31 AM

just wanted to tell you - it does not scan with my apps. running Nexus 5/ ZXing Barcode scanner scanning from big computer screen.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:40:41 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 03:54:59 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

just wanted to tell you - it does not scan with my apps. running Nexus 5/ ZXing Barcode scanner scanning from big computer screen.

I have the proper files that I can easily provide. The image I've been showing is only for internet purposes. I paid a graphic designer for said service.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:55:12 PM

I have the proper files that I can easily provide. The image I've been showing is only for internet purposes. I paid a graphic designer for said service.

Boy, I must have been tired last night when I penned the above reply. I would have shown you were asking if it's scannable oppose to raising a concern, of which I will now address.

Most phones were able to scan it, with a handful unable to, hence adding the Google tiny URL, http://goo.gl/QyGh8p, during the graphic designing process to thwart any issues that may arise to the QR-Code's readability.

Thanks, apetersson, nevertheless, for bringing this to our attention.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 05:41:27 PM

So close, I can taste it. Currently waiting for a return call from http://manhattanbanner.com/, located about a mile away from the Waldorf.
Bitcoinwunder

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:55:17 PM

I'm hyped! Are you waiting for a call, because you sent a request. Or are you already waiting for a notification that it is ready to be picked up?

I really don't understand how than can happen with a Nexus 5. I downloaded ZXing Barcode scanner and it scanned instantly (monitor & laptop screen). Less than a second - and I have a Nexus 4. Maybe the app or phone is broken, otherwise it should definitely scan.

The problem always is with phones that have a very bad camera (>3MP), so a Nexus 5 should have no problem at all. There are also some poorly code apps. Google Goggles is the best QR reader that I've tried so far.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 05:58:26 PM

I'm hyped! Are you waiting for a call, because you sent a request. Or are you already waiting for a notification that it is ready to be picked up?

I really don't understand how than can happen with a Nexus 5. I downloaded ZXing Barcode scanner and it scanned instantly (monitor & laptop screen). Less than a second - and I have a Nexus 4. Maybe the app or phone is broken, otherwise it should definitely scan.

The problem always is with phones that have a very bad camera (>3MP), so a Nexus 5 should have no problem at all. There are also some poorly code apps. Google Goggles is the best QR reader that I've tried so far.

I'm waiting for a call from Michael to place the order, blasting him an email at the same time. I'm sure that Manhattan Banner is up to the task, willing to pay virtually whatever (nominal rate, of course) to have the banner printed and delivered to the Waldorf Astoria's front desk, located only about a mile away.

~TMIBTCITW
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: