Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:52:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why long-term trading!  (Read 1438 times)
AKasOO

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:39:32 PM

Since you invest long-term, you only invest in crypto top 2 in the market, it would be good for them to make long-term investments in BTC or ETH and bitcoin. Sometimes coins will not last long enough so we have to be careful in choose coins for long term trading.
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:07:21 PM

Almost of the good traders are know that holding cryptos with long term period is profitable. Everyday the price or the value of token that you are holding is pumping or dumping, it depends on your patience and emotions because being a traders it is just a risky moves to sell or buy crytptos. So holding in long period if time or in a specific time ypu can earn more profits.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:24:19 PM

Since you invest long-term, you only invest in crypto top 2 in the market, it would be good for them to make long-term investments in BTC or ETH and bitcoin. Sometimes coins will not last long enough so we have to be careful in choose coins for long term trading.

I know you are right when looking for long term investments we should choose coins very carefully and only invest in those coins which have the possibility of living for more than 1-2 years as it increases the profit on your investment. But if you think only Bitcoin and Ethereum can provide this quality then you are wrong as there are many new good coin which will be huge success in the coming years as their team is putting full effort and their work will defiantly pay in the coming years.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:32:01 PM

That is a good suggestion because you have talked in terms of profitability and risk reducibility. This is what long term trading is all about. You really get the time to day away from the daily panic and hold the portfolio until the market is good enough to cash the money. Also you get a whole rise in the monetary value of the coins you hold in your portfolio in one time so that is a lot better than day trading actually.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

When I was just starting out, I chose the right strategy, bought a few different coins and bitcoin and just waited. But motom I wanted to try trading and at first it worked, but now I'm in the red. So now I prefer to keep coins!
In theory it may seem like trading can give you greater profits than holding your coins and that is true if you are a very good trader but if you are not then trading will only cost you money, not only the money you lose in trading but all the books and courses that you buy should be considered as part of the costs as well as the time you invest trying to learn how to trade.
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:12:50 PM

Long term holding offers you the opportunity to offset any losses you could have incured if you have been day trading. If price move against you in long term holding,you don't bother much since your objective might be a long term.

Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:33:25 PM

Long term holding offers you the opportunity to offset any losses you could have incured if you have been day trading. If price move against you in long term holding,you don't bother much since your objective might be a long term.
If you dont have much time for day trading long term trading is the solutions. You have to hold a coins good for long term if not this will waste of your time.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:22:08 AM

I've been using that long term trading strategy since I started investing in cryptocurrency a couple of years ago. I chose this strategy because I have no time to monitor the market often. I bought some coins that is in the top ten list of the cryptomarket because I believe that these top coins have more potential to grow or bounce back in the future.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:13:51 AM

Actually the potential coin is not just bitcoin and ethereum alone dude. there are many other potential coins. which you can buy
and hold for the long term. and the profits are no less great than investing in bitcoin. but the risk may be greater. but still profitable for long term
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:28:03 AM

Yes it is, long term would be suited to all newbie who wants to learn in trading while gaining profit. Before I move to be Short trader I usually use it and it is very worth it at first.

moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:36:13 AM

i also do mostly long-term hodling or trading, removes the short-term noise from mkt volatility, then it's up to ur skill to evaluate the tokens based on their fundamental strength.
Making day trading is stressful and takes all your time to monitor the market prices and the changes in this volatile market. Better to have a long term investment to stay relax with the price volatility and be patient to wait for the best price to come.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:47:12 AM

Long term trading gives you more profit in the future. But you can consider by doing short term you can get good profit also but have to be carefull by doing this, or else you get scammed.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:53:20 AM

With beginners, long term trading is the best. It does not require much experience and it saves time too. You will not have to be always monitoring the market price and you can sell it when the price is suitable for you.

p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

It is always suggested you should opt for long term trading because it involves less risk as compared to short term trade. Short term trade can be compared to Day trade which is very risky as you never know when market will crash as I believe once in two weeks market is always red and such conditions can decrease your investment greatly.

I choose long-term trading for one reason - the lack of time. As soon as I have the job (from Monday to Friday), I cannot deal with the day trading. Everything is simple.
Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:42:04 AM

Hello all, I am engaged in trading and I am often asked by beginners how to trade long-term or short-term strategy.
For beginners, I would advise you to trade long-term, but such trade does not suit impatient people, sometimes you have to wait a very long time, a couple of months, and maybe a year, and sometimes even more.
This strategy has a number of advantages, especially for beginners.
1. Compared to intraday trading, you do not need to be in front of a computer and watch the price 24/7, so the trader experiences less emotional stress.
2. Only when using long-term trading, it is realistic to take above 100% of the profit from 1 deal. With intraday strategy, this is hardly possible (except that a miracle will happen).
3. Unlike intra-day trading, you do not need to be a professional, enough to have basic knowledge.

Why I recommend this strategy. Based on personal experience, I often sold coins for example + 30% and literally in a week could sell + 100%.
You can also put a stop loss when the price is + 30%,and move the stop as the price increases.

This is my opinion, I do not force you to adhere to this strategy, study trading if it interests you and find your strategy.
I hope someone helped, If you have any questions, ask always happy to help.. Good luck!BTCBTC

I think what you call ‘long-term trading’ is better known as and better called ‘Investing in a Portfolio’ of BTC and good altcoins and Hodling through market upturns and downturns with sensible adjustments to your portfolio - i.e. taking profits and cutting your losses. This is how nearly all new crypto investors would start out as they get to know the market and crypto, how exchanges work, the wild swings up and down of crypto prices etc. one good piece of advice is to set profit goals when you buy a crypto coin, and at what price you will take 20% profit, 50% profit etc while letting the rest of the money you’ve made ride!

The ‘short-term’ trading is as you describe, and it is an area for experts with good equipment and sceeens and time to devote most of the day to with you closing out most of your positions at the end of the day at a profit or loss. Most people starting this list money the first few months and you can easily lose all your capital in a market like crypto, and it’s not a thing for newbie crypto investors to try.

The other type of trading is ‘swing trading’ where you buy a crypto and hold it for days or weeks selling at a predetermined profit or stop-loss, and this would be a stepping stone I think from having a portfolio to then allocating a small part of your capital to swing trading on paper first and then live. But again you can easily lose that trading capital of the market goes against you which it often does in crypto, and then as you say you can be left wishing you’d just hodled the damn coin when you look at its price in a year or two after a bull run! Crypto investors beware!

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
Yunbalo

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:02:22 AM

As long-term trading you have more opportunities to sell at higher prices. Coins do not have to grow forever, if you hold them for long periods, you will keep track of the price often, and sell at a more reasonable price in the short run.
cergikom

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
Merited by iambakov (1)

Yes it is correct, but now it is quite efficient to make profit on short-term investments. After all, we see how unstable periods of growth and recession are, you can catch a couple of coins by the tail and quietly make a small profit on it. And we allow more top and expensive coins to leave and replenish them at the expense of this profit.
Katfilka

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:23:19 PM

It is always suggested you should opt for long term trading because it involves less risk as compared to short term trade. Short term trade can be compared to Day trade which is very risky as you never know when market will crash as I believe once in two weeks market is always red and such conditions can decrease your investment greatly.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Long-term trading is suitable for new entrants into the market, not much experience. Because when you invest long term, you should only invest in crypto top 2 in that market is BTC and ETH. After investing you hold at least a year and not care about exchange rate fluctuations in the market, then surely you will have a high profit.
Long term trading is suitable for everyone it does not matter if you are a newbie or a very experimented person in the market since that gives the best profits, those that think that day trading is better are only focusing in the potential profits they can get not realizing that only a minority of traders get anything close to the profits they dream.

Yeah i agree with you my friend, long term investments of trading is suitable for all types of persons whether you are a newbie or a day trader., if you dont have enough time for everything, or you have a job, then long term investing is suitable for you., long term investing is really worth it because it is not hassle for you to think everyday., and profits may be higher i think., based on my experience, i got more profits from long term investing rather than trading, its because i have a day job to do.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:46:47 PM

But that should be in mind is if a beginner do trading for the long term they will not be able to trade in the short term. What I know trading is not entirely dependent on theory but someone will be able to get profit when trading with notes he trades often so that the gap market seen will be easy to understand. Practice will be a major factor to understand trading in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: