Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:51:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the dirty dev coin mates??
DELETE THAT SHIT
Slowly release it and use it for giveaways/massive awards (Giveaways would consist of .1-.6 GOAT per user)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GOATCoin] Greatest Of All Time | SHA-256 | Rewards active users | Rare  (Read 36083 times)
GOATCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:47:07 PM

Option A makes the coin more rare ultimately increasing the value.

Option B brings more users to the coin and makes massive rewards more interesting. Instead of rewards consisting of one coin it would now consist of two.

They both have there positives and negatives mates, please continue voting. We want to hear from the community and base our decision from the community!
chromosoma

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:48:37 PM

Opt. B
lcmines

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

I realized I made the decision to delete the coin without listening to the community. So before I do the final step and encrypt then delete the wallet I'm opening it up to yall. We can either A continue and delete it all or we can B slowly release the coin and use it with the massive rewards we do when goals are complete. Comment below with your opinion and do the poll please mates! The decision will be picked tonight!  Smiley

The announcement that you were going to delete the coins caused a sudden spike on cryptorush. If you don't destroy those coins, the value will decrease suddenly as well, causing bag holders that may come to take your buy out offer, which is way over market value.

My vote would be to murder the coins. But I've just come across GOAT today and am only mining a few.
flatline

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

It's just too large an amount to give away responsibly - how to do it fairly is not a quick decision to make, and a poor approach or implementation could easily kill the coin. I'd say delete it, with some reasonable proof of the deletion.
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

I realized I made the decision to delete the coin without listening to the community. So before I do the final step and encrypt then delete the wallet I'm opening it up to yall. We can either A continue and delete it all or we can B slowly release the coin and use it with the massive rewards we do when goals are complete. Comment below with your opinion and do the poll please mates! The decision will be picked tonight!  Smiley

Blow that bitch up

And just remember, do not become too fond of your goats, it is hazardous.

GNk1zoygtPTtdA6GLa7ouoTdcxS7NFDvEW
notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:57:01 PM

Am I missing something?

- 0.6 goat per block, 3 min block time, means 288 goat per day, or 105k goat per year?
 - 500,000 block halving, means every 47 years?
 - You are actually considering keeping 19 years' worth of coins for giveaways?

I'm sure I must have made a mistake there somewhere, please help point me in the right direction! Thx.

doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:09:24 PM

why not use the premined and returned coins to boost goat instead of not? What I mean is, in a completely transparent manner, establish the goat foundation. Define bounties, giveaways, payments  for website and promotion etc from the 2million? You have demonstrated amazing honesty dealing with this situation, instead of enforcing the value of teh 4million with destruction of 2million, why not use the 2million to prove that goat has a true and forthcoming development and community? I understand the impetus to destroy the coins, however a block exploration simply makes this unnecessary, if the coins are distributed back into goat to strengthen it, I think that is superior than destroying them. If there is ANY lack of transparency this would not work of course, however, it is clear there is.

GYxxGcFADyj237YMXeTqdYnX6q15Q43kWy  <goat
GOATCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:13:15 PM

why not use the premined and returned coins to boost goat instead of not? What I mean is, in a completely transparent manner, establish the goat foundation. Define bounties, giveaways, payments  for website and promotion etc from the 2million? You have demonstrated amazing honesty dealing with this situation, instead of enforcing the value of teh 4million with destruction of 2million, why not use the 2million to prove that goat has a true and forthcoming development and community? I understand the impetus to destroy the coins, however a block exploration simply makes this unnecessary, if the coins are distributed back into goat to strengthen it, I think that is superior than destroying them. If there is ANY lack of transparency this would not work of course, however, it is clear there is.

Wow very great response. I honestly didn't think about it that way mate. We need gambling websites, a better blockcrawler, a new Dev for our wallets, etc.  Thanks for you input mate
chromosoma

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:23:49 PM

WE can also " honestly"   pay to cryptsy with goats, so they finally add us...Smiley
GOATCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

WE can also " honestly"   pay to cryptsy with goats, so they finally add us...Smiley

This is true
lcmines

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:37:53 PM

Am I missing something?

- 0.6 goat per block, 3 min block time, means 288 goat per day, or 105k goat per year?
 - 500,000 block halving, means every 47 years?
 - You are actually considering keeping 19 years' worth of coins for giveaways?

I'm sure I must have made a mistake there somewhere, please help point me in the right direction! Thx.

Yea... The fact that the coins destruction was announced and now it looks like they may stay is shady enough for me to back right out. Hello, goodbye. Best of luck to you all.
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:54:24 PM

Spread the Goats around! Option B

Haru78

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:03:30 PM

you gotta keep with the original plan and delete the wallet, any other plan would show a lack of leadership in the coin, keeping them out there would make everyone second guess your judgement on anything related to the coin in the future I feel
Wintermute420

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Mighty Dub

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:10:43 PM

you gotta keep with the original plan and delete the wallet, any other plan would show a lack of leadership in the coin, keeping them out there would make everyone second guess your judgement on anything related to the coin in the future I feel

+1 - I completely agree with this statement. 
TimFChavez

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

I would keep a small portion just enough to pay for the few things needed and destroy the major portion of them. Stick to your original plan which did not include those premined coins.  Giving away millions of GOAT will lower the value since those that receive them will just dump them at any price since it may have taken them 5~15 seconds to click on a vote or post something to receive the coins. While the miners are putting days/weeks of hash/effort at the coin.

samcornwell

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:40:14 PM

Community coin or not, this shouldn't have gone out to a vote.

You are the leader, you know what to do on behalf of everyone.
TimFChavez

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:44:32 PM

Community coin or not, this shouldn't have gone out to a vote.

You are the leader, you know what to do on behalf of everyone.

According to the main post he may be the leader for 2-3 months since he says it will be given away to someone. So kill those extra coins or the person he gives it to may just dump them. Since they may not be as forthcoming.

"After the 2-3 month period GOATCoin will be given to a trusted member in the crypto community. This person must show responsibility and want to further GOAT. "
smith88

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

I say slowly release coins and use solely for big bonuses as part of the longevity of the coin.
I still think we should incorporate colored coins in the future with options coins stemming from this one. 
Honestly I think you have been very honest and I support the work and time you are putting into your cryptocurrency.  Have many ideas I could list but not publicly.  I have been developing and inventing for many years, fyi Smiley.
Cheers for GOATCoin!

Desertbeagles

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:04:35 PM

Hey have any of you had problems with http://goat.easy-mining.net/ . I think it might be down and its a real shame. So if any of you know any think please share. Thanks.
notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:06:27 PM

When you destroy the coins, make sure you do it properly, i.e. verifiable by looking at the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: