Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should TigerDirect remove Butterfly Labs form their company?
Yes! the company will go down the drain! - 73 (78.5%)
No! BTC will benefit from it! - 20 (21.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} TigerDirect is making a BIG MISTAKE partnering up with Butterfly Labs!  (Read 5811 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:50:18 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 11:05:05 PM by LittleD

Guy's what do you think Sad is it good for BTC or will it bring TigerDirect down to the ground!

TigerDirect.com is going to sponsor BFL soon... http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/indexus.asp?cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001a-_-CatId_campaign_bitcoinTakeover, click Mining tab and scroll down an inch.

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

Guy's what do you think Sad is it good for BTC or will it bring TigerDirect down to the ground!

TigerDirect.com is going to sponsor BFL soon... http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/indexus.asp?cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001a-_-CatId_campaign_bitcoinTakeover, click Mining tab and scroll down an inch.

quick link to email support:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/Help/email.asp

LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:10:20 PM

quick link to email support:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/Help/email.asp

Nice! Thanks for the link

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:11:53 PM

TigerDirect is big enough they might get better service.  Will be interesting if BFL sells through them.  If we see monarch.... we know big mistake.  If we see only instock all depends on price.
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:38:30 PM

TigerDirect is big enough they might get better service.  Will be interesting if BFL sells through them.  If we see monarch.... we know big mistake.  If we see only instock all depends on price.
Pfft. TigerDirect isn't bigger than the bitcoin mining community. After all BFL products are aimed at miners, I don't see why BFL would give them better service if TigerDirect customers are just avid gamers. They should care more about giving us better service because we're the one actually using it and giving the reviews and recommending people on which hardware to get.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

I don't think 'sponsor' is the correct term. They are resellers of BFL products. If BFL can't deliver to TigerDirect than the store will only show 'out of stock' ... big deal.
jimmothy

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:01:23 AM

I don't think 'sponsor' is the correct term. They are resellers of BFL products. If BFL can't deliver to TigerDirect than the store will only show 'out of stock' ... big deal.

My guess tigerdirect gets their devices slightly less delayed than normal bfl customers. Either way the only outcome will be many people ripped off (tiger direct and its customers) and a shitload of return/refunds.
YourPalToots

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:06:38 AM

My guess tigerdirect gets their devices slightly less delayed than normal bfl customers. Either way the only outcome will be many people ripped off (tiger direct and its customers) and a shitload of return/refunds.

Ripped off? How? TigerDirect will make an order for BFL products. When they arrive it gets put into the store. If they don't ever arrive, they never make it to the store to sell in the first place. And if there are returns from customers, TigerDirect will just return the item to BFL.

Do you honestly think TigerDirect takes the hit for all the products returned? really?
jimmothy

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:11:27 AM

Ripped off? How? TigerDirect will make an order for BFL products. When they arrive it gets put into the store. If they don't ever arrive, they never make it to the store to sell in the first place. And if there are returns from customers, TigerDirect will just return the item to BFL.

Do you honestly think TigerDirect takes the hit for all the products returned? really?

One does not simply return an item to BFL.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

i cant open tigerdirect ...

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/" on this server.
YourPalToots

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

no, YOU don't simply return an item to BFL.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:17:27 AM

Would be funny if someone threw together a bunch of examples from this forum of how the COO of BFL often interacts with their customers in a public forum and send them to Tiger Direct.  I am wondering if he will call all Tiger Direct customers monumental assholes soon, nah probably not, even Inaba isn't that fucking stupid...!!
jimmothy

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:18:19 AM

Ok so you are telling me tigerdirect is going to order a bunch of monarchs and should they not be able to sell them, get a refund? BFL's business model does not allow for this. Tigerdirect will end up with a bunch of useless paperweights like everyone else while supporting a company that has scammed like half the bitcoin community.
YourPalToots

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:21:53 AM

Ok so you are telling me tigerdirect is going to order a bunch of monarchs and should they not be able to sell them, get a refund? BFL's business model does not allow for this. Tigerdirect will end up with a bunch of useless paperweights like everyone else while supporting a company that has scammed like half the bitcoin community.

TigerDirect's parent company does $3.5 billion of sales in computer gear a year. I think they have this shit figured out.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:22:08 AM

Except Tiger Directs Lawyers will rip BFL a new asshole and BFL will be begging for them to stop LOL!!!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:22:40 AM

Now you will just have someone to complain to if they don't ship immediately.

What? No refunds?

Call TigerDirect. Delist. End of Story.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:27:06 AM

Except Tiger Directs Lawyers will rip BFL a new asshole and BFL will be begging for them to stop LOL!!!
Exactly,  Wink

Let Inaba experience the panic for you. Just watch this old tiger and the leopard who can't change his ole spots.
YourPalToots

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:31:19 AM

Typically wholesalers (in this case BFL) float the retailers (in this case TigerDirect) and I'm sure TD is used to working in this manner. If it doesn't fit BFL, well than it's BFL's problem not TigerDirect.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:35:01 AM

BFL aside, I think this is pretty excellent.  Overstock and TigerDirect taking Bitcoin?  We've been waiting for events like this. 
msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:38:11 AM

I don't have an opinion on BFL - I was just sickened to see TigerDirect promoting the mining industry. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: