Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Main reason for the price drop  (Read 948 times)
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:27:11 PM

I read some news this last week, and there is some indication of wash trading and spoofing going on, so the prices are dropping.

Do you think this is the reason, or the movements of the market are normal ?
for the reason why the bitcoin and altcoin that exist in the market have lowered the price that I do not know for sure, because nowadays a lot of negative news is circulating about crypto and it is believed that is not necessarily true, as most people have believed negative news that is not necessarily true about the crypto , so many people panicked and made the mistake of selling the coins they held that I thought made the price of crypto down.

ChannaJay

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

Hello ,

Prices for the cryptocurrency ether continued to climb on Monday after going on a tear for the better part of a year. As of 4:40 p.m., the Ethereum-traded coin was trading at more than $370 per unit, a gain of roughly 6.6% over the last 24 hours, according to CoinMarketCap. Meanwhile bitcoin has dropped nearly 11% to about $2645 per coin.

Ether has been one of the best-performing assets of the year, with prices climbing more than 5,000%, according to CNBC. Noting similarly outsize gains on Twitter, the economist Steve Hanke wrote that "this is what a bubble looks like," referring to the phenomenon where investor enthusiasm causes an unsustainable rise in prices.

Indeed, concern over high prices has prompted some cryptocurrency enthusiasts to muse that a crash in prices might not be such a bad thing. On one hand, a dip in prices could help draw in more investors who were enticed by a potential "buying opportunity." More customers would also force the platforms to upgrade their capabilities, the thinking goes, which would help digital currencies gain legitimacy.

Hope this comment will help to you people.

Thanks.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:33:37 PM

I read some news this last week, and there is some indication of wash trading and spoofing going on, so the prices are dropping.

Do you think this is the reason, or the movements of the market are normal ?

The market price is based on supply and demand so obviously there are more people who wants to sell their coins more than investing and that is the reason for the price to drop.
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:04:27 PM

I think there is not huge problem. The biggest reason is panic selling. Even the ridiculous news can affect people's psychology. Only the traders who have been in trade for a long time can reduce their own emotions, and they always knows how to look positive to red market.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:07:21 PM

This is not the market I've saw since I've joined. The first thing I joined crypto, I saw the market were all green and I think that this thing clearly has a future on it. Probably it's just an eye hooker for you to join here. Or I'm just overreacting because of the money I've lost?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:33:53 PM

A lot of people bought Bitcoin etc at a point that it was rising fast hoping to make a quick buck, then when it fell slightly they all panicked driving the price down further. Those who take a longer term view and hodle now or even buy now will make a good return over the medium to long term.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:37:20 PM

I think just buying investors bitcoin so many people dump their bitcoin because they fear being able to buy a bitcoin today because it may have fallen down
until they lose their bitcoin funds.
I believe that the market will likely increase, if Bull Run is not higher than last year, it is likely to reach $ 1000 billion before the winter, just when the market focused more on becoming a basic market legitimacy.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:42:44 PM

I think that all market manipulations are normal in crypto and happen all the time. We should learn how to spot an upcoming pump and get in early

This is a market correction which is normal. An equally, probable reason for the drop would be whales and of course a handful of traders who take advantage of this correction
atetess

Activity: 305
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:35:48 PM

I think that all market manipulations are normal in crypto and happen all the time. We should learn how to spot an upcoming pump and get in early

This is a market correction which is normal. An equally, probable reason for the drop would be whales and of course a handful of traders who take advantage of this correction

This is normal,  the market flow tend to go up or down but we must learn some techniques on how to earn with it and take the chance while the market are down.

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:58:34 PM

I think just buying investors bitcoin so many people dump their bitcoin because they fear being able to buy a bitcoin today because it may have fallen down
until they lose their bitcoin funds.
It is somewhat to have a huge correction again and having a strong market manipulation made by some crypto whales. Government participation will be a huge help for this as their regulating policy will be imposed to stop such doings.  We all have been affected and market are still crying how to move on and turn into green again. We are just hoping for a huge change in this quarter as we are expecting spikes.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:01:53 AM

Since there's been a lot of negative FUD related to BTC lately, (hacking, regulations etc) it always leads to a downwards spiral. I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has though.
Jating

Activity: 2982
Merit: 825

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:42:55 AM

Since there's been a lot of negative FUD related to BTC lately, (hacking, regulations etc) it always leads to a downwards spiral. I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has though.

Right, with all the negative news and crypto regulations knocking at our door, it really surprises us all to see that bitcoin or crypto in general has lasted through this year and the price is still going strong at this juncture. Although the price fall from $20K to $6K is not a picture to behold, we should be happy that we are still here and lasted long enough.

And if we can go over this hump, then this is another testament that bitcoin and crypto is here to stay for good, no matter what the governments and central banks around the world will do.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

in my knowledge when crypto drop the reasons behind the drop in the past was the high selling and short selling while some time bad news regarding crypto comes in the market which also change the crypto price.

ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:14:30 PM

it seems the main reason why so many coins are falling because I think there is bad news that attacks the condition of the price of cryptocurrency and ultimately makes the coin price to fall.
Lankabc

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:00:49 PM

Negative news and panic selling caused this situation and bearish trend continues. many people say it will last till next year. Yeah even I think bull run will start next year.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

it seems the main reason why so many coins are falling because I think there is bad news that attacks the condition of the price of cryptocurrency and ultimately makes the coin price to fall.
they are taking this to be drop i think that there is such a good thing that may ever happen after this drops better for those know how to wait and have patient on everything.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:52:48 PM

they are taking this to be drop i think that there is such a good thing that may ever happen after this drops better for those know how to wait and have patient on everything.
each coin has their own reasons why the price is decreasing. well, one of the reasons is when the project is never developed, or has decreased in the process. well, sometimes it is also influenced by bitcoin prices.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
handsofgod

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:19:41 PM

this fck... volatile killing it. Pray for upcoming ICOs and their xxx. You should study about Kelvin Blockchain, or if you already know it give me feedback please, willing to invest in this project. Wink
TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:42:53 PM

The manipulators wars IMO. I can suggest you interesting ICO Kelvin Blockchain in case you never heard about it, here is link - https://medium.com/@kelvinchain/the-post-quantum-era-of-blockchain-todays-solutions-for-the-world-of-tomorrow-16bdd970f49a
tuanphuong666

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:43:49 AM

There are a number of reasons why the crypto market has price drop as allegedly manipulating prices in a recent report by the International Bank for Commodity (BIS), saying that altcoins are not scalable. There are also issues about security breaches, some regulatory violations, government bans on ICO activity, expired futures contracts, and some customer identity issues. All of these will affect Bitcoin and other discounted e-currencies, according to analyst Adam Kovac at CoTrader.

Recently, a University of Texas study found that Bitcoin has been manipulated for years - something people have long suspected. In addition, other reports suggest that the former asset manager of Mt. Gox, the floor of the attack and bankruptcy in February 2014 has recently dumped hundreds of millions of dollars into the market in March.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: