Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs involvement in Etherium?  (Read 3194 times)
Klonewars (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:56:52 PM

Look everyone I'm an average Joe, i'm no expert in Cryptocurrencies so I'm coming to pose a question about something that looks really suspicious.

I came to Cryptocurrencies via Libertarian thinking of sound money and an understanding that the Federal reserve founded by major elites is the power that controls our money and in many ways our lives. I won't apologize for that, I'm not on the same page as Alex Jones on many things but I am on the same as Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and Max Kieser.

Cryptocurrencies spell for the financial elite a serious threat that I think shouldnt be underestimated. They would prefer to just mock us through the media but at some point they might feel the need to get their foot in the door and take some power. So I was wondering how they might attempt this...

So alarms bells starting ringing when I heard that Etherium has some people who are ex Goldman Sachs. Now I'm not trying to discredit the coin, in fact it may well make money and I can't say I won't buy into the IPO, but its growing more unlikely. BUT I would never want it to grow and be used if indeed there are Central bank powers behind this IPO. Maybe I'm being paranoid but when even I see corruption in the financial world it often leads back to banks like Goldman and JP Morgan. Its also note worthy that the coin involves many of the things these banks have manipulated the world ie Derivatives. I also recognize that the guys involved might mainly be oblivious to what MIGHT be happening. I wonder if they have been head hunted and brought together buy Goldman Sachs employees.

So I just want to put the question out there, should we be concerned?

http://ethereum.org/

Goldman Sachs is mentioned at 8.10.

And just to remind people who really runs the world banks and you can add Mark Carney in the UK to this map too:   

http://euro-med.dk/bil/goldman-sachs-20conquers-20europe.jpg

fractastical

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

From the conversations I have had so far, I see little to indicate that Goldman Sachs sees Bitcoin as a threat of any kind. There's nothing to prevent Goldman from speculating in Bitcoin and they can even accept it as payment if it is successful enough. If they can make money with it, obviously they will.

That said, Goldman is not in the business of making "early stage" bets. They usually wait until something is reasonably mature before moving in. Since I'm sure they have analysts working on digital currency happenings, Ethereum could very well be a good entry point for them into the market.

Fundamentally the "door is always open" with the current cryptocurrency model. When you distribute everything, you allow whoever wants to to play in the same sandbox you are playing in.

If this bothers you, you might want to seek out another model.

Klonewars (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:28:40 PM

From the conversations I have had so far, I see little to indicate that Goldman Sachs sees Bitcoin as a threat of any kind. There's nothing to prevent Goldman from speculating in Bitcoin and they can even accept it as payment if it is successful enough. If they can make money with it, obviously they will.

That said, Goldman is not in the business of making "early stage" bets. They usually wait until something is reasonably mature before moving in. Since I'm sure they have analysts working on digital currency happenings, Ethereum could very well be a good entry point for them into the market.

Fundamentally the "door is always open" with the current cryptocurrency model. When you distribute everything, you allow whoever wants to to play in the same sandbox you are playing in.

If this bothers you, you might want to seek out another model.

So you don't think the major banks, governments and central banks have no problem at all with a rival monetary system that they can't regulate, control, tax, monitor? So their fractional reserve system is in no way threatened by a decentralised system.

And also you miss the point that IF Major banks and central banks get involved in starting currencies then they will want to control them and have back doors set in place.
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:52:18 PM

IPO means scam to me and I hate this trend.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
gadsden76

Activity: 130
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:56:59 PM

I agree 100%, I can not stand the idea of an inflationary crypto either.

This defeats the best part of crypto.

Not all those who wander are lost.
-Tolkien
gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:01:23 PM

yes goldman sachs is involved in Ethereum, i'm not buying that crap anymore. I want freedom and liberty
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

yes I'm sitting this one out ... too fuzzy for me.

there've been too many IPO scams on these forums, they should promote somewhere else.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
fractastical

Activity: 309

Swarm

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:56:04 PM

So you don't think the major banks, governments and central banks have no problem at all with a rival monetary system that they can't regulate, control, tax, monitor? So their fractional reserve system is in no way threatened by a decentralised system.

And also you miss the point that IF Major banks and central banks get involved in starting currencies then they will want to control them and have back doors set in place.

Central banks will have a huge problem. Investment banks will have no problem. It's basically one more unregulated pile of money for them to profit off of. Why would they give a hoot?

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:17:37 AM

Etherium was interesting to me until I saw this thread. I was wondering why their presentational video i watched yesterday looked so professional. That explains it. They have serious money behind them. But not me.
Klonewars (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:23:17 AM

Central banks will have a huge problem. Investment banks will have no problem. It's basically one more unregulated pile of money for them to profit off of. Why would they give a hoot?

Investment banks have as we know a symbiotic relationship with Central banks. The revolving door at the FED is well known and the FED was founded by major banks like JPMorgan etc.

I know it's ok to have a different opinion to what I'm saying but I don't trust your account as it was only opened just and so far You have only dedicated you involvement on this site to counteracting with no real substance the idea that Banks wouldn't be concerned if a bitcoin went mainstream, which is obviously false.
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:30:56 AM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to noticed it.

European people love GS ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYn0lTeFNV4
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:33:02 AM

He doesn't represent European people as it happens. He's the leader of a nutty UK party called UKIP.

But I do agree with your sentiment. Nobody with a brain likes GS Smiley
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:11:01 AM

He doesn't represent European people as it happens. He's the leader of a nutty UK party called UKIP.

AFAIK ukip is mainly libertarian with some exceptions (immigration). If you call them nutty you might as well call all of us nutty too.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:53:17 AM

AFAIK ukip is mainly libertarian with some exceptions (immigration). If you call them nutty you might as well call all of us nutty too.

No I'm calling UKIP nutty, and yes racist. Just my opinion. If you are a party member, good luck to you.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:55:45 AM

Yeah someone who probably once scrubbed the toilets there is involved or something stupid. I bet nobody important from there or any investment from there.

Come on GS could buy bitcoin if it wanted to. Buy enough asics to mine the rest of it too.  Crypto is still tiny right now.

bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:18:22 AM

No I'm calling UKIP nutty, and yes racist. Just my opinion. If you are a party member, good luck to you.

Why? I've never seen any evidence for this.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:46:22 AM

Garbage Thread

Another 2 post sock puppet newbie talking with 3 post sock puppet newbie to try and convince {INSERT NAME OF COIN} is a scam.

lame.

The only thing ever mentioned about Goldman Sachs was that a developer that was working on ETH had previously worked there.

Trying to say that connects Goldman Sachs to ETH is like saying Google backed Litecoin because Charles Lee aka Coblee worked at Google.

The whole Goldman-Sachs discussion is stupid.

~BCX~

No, they've confirmed directly in another thread two of the current Ethereum employees used to work at Sachs. That's probably quite a high % of their total workforce.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: