Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CureCoin Progress Update--Launch Approaching!  (Read 6613 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 02:05:39 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 01:27:06 PM by Vorksholk

Hey everyone! CureCoin's moving along and we are expecting to launch within the coming two or three weeks!

Edit: A bit of clarification, CureCoin's goal is to reward miners for directing their OpenCL- and CUDA-capable (AMD and NVidia) as well as CPU computing power towards protein folding (Folding@Home) to help cure cancer. The coin will be rewarded out to folders on a proportional Points-Per-Day basis.

Unfortunately cygnusxi had an IRL mini-crisis unrelated to the project so he wasn't able to write this update which he was planning to release today, but here's a summary of our current progress:
>No longer using any 3rd-party stats for anything
>F@H Pool redundancy (if main payout pool goes down, secondary one will continue payouts as scheduled)
>Lightweight F@H client (optional) is easy to use, and can quickly halt/pause/resume folding, also estimates PPD
>Foundation moving along nicely
>Future plans for safe holding of Folding Payout coins by F@H staff
>Reduced Dev Fund premine to align with community's beliefs
>Higher percentage of coins paid out to folders than miners, though mining will still be worthwhile

We should be able to launch a stable, tested client in the next two or three weeks! At launch time we will have Windows binaries, full source code available, folding pool, backup folding payout system, 8 addnodes on servers with 100Mbps or 1Gbps connections separated geographically, at least one mining pool (likely two or three), and a block explorer. Additionally, a standalone, simplified client will be available for download which makes starting/stopping/setting up folding much easier.

From there, we can focus on helping people get folding set up, getting the coin onto exchanges, and working with Stanford to further integrate into their system.

All donations which were 1 BTC for 10,000 CUR are still valid and will be paid out approximately one week after the launch of the coin. If, for whatever reason, you want to withdraw your donation, please let me know, as there are others interested in buying your slot, and we can facilitate donation-credit transfers.

$5000 of donation money has been donated to help F@H with server infrastructure.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for your support! Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
L33cH

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:45:51 PM

WOW

Thats good news!!!!!
Thom

Activity: 112

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 07:32:29 PM

Glad to hear curecoin alive and well, pardon the pun.

I've been enthusiastic for its launch since december, and since then I've accumulated a bunch of SHA haspower to throw at this as soon as it's ready.

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:59:27 PM

Glad to hear curecoin alive and well, pardon the pun.

I've been enthusiastic for its launch since december, and since then I've accumulated a bunch of SHA haspower to throw at this as soon as it's ready.

Awesome, thank you!

tasorrog

Activity: 103

LE HAPPY MERCHANT

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

"1 BTC for 10,000 CUR" still open?

Mind posting some more info? Smiley

total amount of coins
block reward
etc
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:05:37 AM

BUMP, this is great news!

itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:34:39 PM

total amount of coins
block reward
etc

+1 reserved if it is still open. Please, post btc address. Thanks
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:52:32 PM

Great, looking forward to the launch!  It's refreshing for there to be a coin that does something new and useful.  Not everyone knows what Curecoin does though or what Folding at Home is, it's probably worth explaining in the OP! (and remember to explain its benefits at the launch!) Smiley 

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

total amount of coins
block reward
etc

Unfortunately that fundraiser isn't currently open. Sad

I don't think there's an exact number for the total amount of coins that will be generated due to PoS.

Great, looking forward to the launch!  It's refreshing for there to be a coin that does something new and useful.  Not everyone knows what Curecoin does though or what Folding at Home is, it's probably worth explaining in the OP! (and remember to explain its benefits at the launch!) Smiley 

Thanks! I'll add something to OP, that's a good point!

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:45:21 PM

Great news, I'm looking forward for wallet and CPU mining possibility.

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:46:00 PM

Looking forward to switching my gpu over to curecoin from litecoin as soon as possible Smiley
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:53:30 PM

I find it funny anyone actually believes this coin is still coming...it's been "coming soon" for MONTHS at this point...

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 12:43:18 AM

Good news. Waiting for it couple of months now Smiley
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:42:26 AM

The team and I are working on the final specs of the official coin at this very moment. We are taking a 20 minute dinner break then getting back to work.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but CureCoin plans on being a long term coin. Mintage will last for at least 30 years.

We have concluded that there is more then enough power lined up and ready to fold away for curecoins. IF the FAH servers reach peak cap we may temporarily reduce the folding payout to let FAH servers do more upgrades. Hopefully the new GPU AS (Assignment Server for gpu WU) will serve work units fast enough to feed the gpu power of the community. With these things in mind, Im excited to see what launch is going to bring. 

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
geeknik

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:00:56 AM

I already have 265107 points in the Folding@Home project. What does that earn me? Smiley
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:14:32 AM

reserve.

when is the launch date?

and how much pre-mined?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:48:05 AM

reserve.

when is the launch date?

and how much pre-mined?

was 10% but i see now they are lowering this amount which is good news and will create a lot less lash back. Let's hope the launch is 100% fair and goes to plan, if so will be the coin to take on BTC.

hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:06:48 AM

why would i use this over gridcoin?

10% of all coins to the founders? thats bullshit.

stacking coin
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:18:02 AM

Hey guys! So the 10% coins doesn't go to founders per-se, it's a premine that's used to fund services and such, however that 10% is being drastically reduced, likely to somewhere around 4%. A good chunk of this 10% was initially going to cover massive hardware giveaways to the community and similar outreach programs as well as charitable causes, but due to worries about a 10% 'dev-fund' causing backlash in the community, we are taking most of those elements out or trimming them down. The dev fund will still serve good purposes, however they will be more central to the project.

CryptoBullion

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:33:57 AM

Its hard to express in few words the work that has gone into CureCoin. To make a few updates to the original post:

CureCoin already has 3 SHA mining pools ready and waiting for launch time. Plus many other requests from other pool makers for permission to make a CC pool when it launches, of course they were are told they are welcome to make their own pools. So expect many pool to be available. If you are a pool OP and are just reading up on the news, you are all welcome to make your own pool, no need to ask permission.

As for the launch ready pools, we have a stellar line up of experienced pool ops. Including Crypto-Expert and Dyoungii ( Dencoinpools). Both of them ran a test run on a sample curecoin code for around a week or two, with the whole team involved tossing hashing power at it, a few devs tried block chain attacks during the test and found no problems.

Both of the above pool makers have gone out of their way to upgrade the security on their pools for the upcoming launch.

As for the base code mintage and maxcoins of the coin... many spreadsheets lay across the dev teams screens with different models many of which have been tested and torture tested in private testing. The end numbers of coins minted through SHA mining and Folding has been reviewed and replaced countless times.  I believe that model has been created that will keep everyone involved happy about the project.

Many other member of the crypto community including devs and pool makers have contributed to the overall work of CureCoin. One person being a CureCoin supporter is Vorksholk. As you see he was able to cover an update for us while there was, circumstances. Thanks for that!

And to cover one last item, the CureCoin Foundation is indeed being worked on with a CPA and lawyer. The foundation will ensure that CureCoin adheres to its goals. It will be a non profit foundation so any donations will be tax deductible  Wink .

The final coin build is being tested right now, running for about 30 hours now and a testnet built between a couple devs. Its running nice and smooth.  Well, hopefully you enjoyed reading my update  Grin

Cheers

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: