Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New profit-switching mining pool with nightly bonus payout-- CoinSolver.com  (Read 23369 times)
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:04:34 AM

VT... What haaappened today? Did the exchange take a dump before coins were exchanged? By the looks of the charts, that's what it appears to be. Lost all of a day's profits. Back at square one now.

From the site

May 12th, 2014 -  Delayed Payout

Just to clarify what happened during last night's payout... the scrypt-n pool payouts were proceed on time, however the scrypt pool payouts encountered a new sort of problem that prevented them from running. As I was just about to run the scrypt pool payouts, I lost power/internet. I suppose living in Vermont has its benefits and drawbacks. In any event, I do apologize since I am to blame for this event.

Since the delay lasted many hours, I will be rolling the payouts forward to this evening, as is usual. By the way, this process of rolling payouts to the next evening as opposed to running delayed payouts asap (causing a shortened day for the next day) is based on user preferences and feedback. If you have other suggestions or preferences, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely,
  -VTMiner
tammuz

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

La Liberté guidant le peuple

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:41:40 AM

I also wanted to loop back to another issue brought here recently, specifically the BTC transaction fee bug.  This issue has now been fixed, and users should no longer see transaction fees in their payouts (the pool now correctly covers these)
Good news! Thanks a lot, VT!
Fizikal

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

VT... What haaappened today? Did the exchange take a dump before coins were exchanged? By the looks of the charts, that's what it appears to be. Lost all of a day's profits. Back at square one now.

From the site

May 12th, 2014 -  Delayed Payout

Just to clarify what happened during last night's payout... the scrypt-n pool payouts were proceed on time, however the scrypt pool payouts encountered a new sort of problem that prevented them from running. As I was just about to run the scrypt pool payouts, I lost power/internet. I suppose living in Vermont has its benefits and drawbacks. In any event, I do apologize since I am to blame for this event.

Since the delay lasted many hours, I will be rolling the payouts forward to this evening, as is usual. By the way, this process of rolling payouts to the next evening as opposed to running delayed payouts asap (causing a shortened day for the next day) is based on user preferences and feedback. If you have other suggestions or preferences, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely,
  -VTMiner

That's not quite what I was referring to. I was referring to the huge drop in estimated unexchanged and combined with the normal subtle increase in actual BTC. The way I see it, the coin that was being mined, likely SC, dropped more than anticipated and only contributed to a very small amount of BTC. I would suggest cashing out all that SC right now if possible, it shot up 2.5x overnight.

EDIT: BTW, what is the best way to get in contact with VT? I didn't find him on the Twitterverse, and I honestly don't think the forum is the best place to get in contact with him, is it?
zneww

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

To your edit: IRC or Reddit
zneww

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:01:18 PM

SO I guess since it has been so quiet in here and the hash has been rising, that means VT is doing something right Smiley

I have averaged around 0.003 and 0.005 BTC/Mh/Day on the scrypt-n side.
p4u

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

crypto lover

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:00:52 PM

Due to the technical requirements of allowing multiple miners to share a single username (BTC address), no VARDIFF is used. Difficulty is set to 256 for all workers at this time. Don't worry, that has zero effect on your profitability over the course of a day.

Please, fix this issue. Scrypt mining devices are getting more and more faster and 256 is a too small difficulty. I would suggest you to use VARDIFF (from 64 to 16384 at least) or in the worst case set a fixed difficulty of 1024 or 2048. It is OK also for small miners, they will just have more variance but same profitability (and probably less rejected).
zneww

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:29:39 PM

Due to the technical requirements of allowing multiple miners to share a single username (BTC address), no VARDIFF is used. Difficulty is set to 256 for all workers at this time. Don't worry, that has zero effect on your profitability over the course of a day.

Please, fix this issue. Scrypt mining devices are getting more and more faster and 256 is a too small difficulty. I would suggest you to use VARDIFF (from 64 to 16384 at least) or in the worst case set a fixed difficulty of 1024 or 2048. It is OK also for small miners, they will just have more variance but same profitability (and probably less rejected).

Pretty sure you can set your difficulty threw your password... ie -u BTCADDRESS -p d=1024...you can....

From CoinSolver's site.... http://coinsolver.com/getting-started.php
Choose your own difficulty
You can optionally set your own difficulty by using the password d=X, where X is the difficulty number you want. Valid choices are: 64,128,256,512,768, 1024.
Note: All miners using the same BTC address must share the same custom difficulty. Failure to do so will cause erratic difficulty levels, and degraded performance.

If you choose any other password, we will select the best difficulty for you, based on the coin being mined.
http://coinsolver.com/user-details.php?account=[your BTC address]

Please note:
you can use the same BTC address for as many mining rigs as you like, making managing your systems a snap.
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:16:46 PM

From your quote:

Note: All miners using the same BTC address must share the same custom difficulty. Failure to do so will cause erratic difficulty levels, and degraded performance.

From my quote (took from the FAQ):

What I understand is that this p=d is disabled

Anyway, it is also a big problem to not being able to set up different difficulties for different stratum connections using the same BTC address.
zneww

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:30:24 PM

From your quote:

From my quote (took from the FAQ):

What I understand is that this p=d is disabled

Anyway, it is also a big problem to not being able to set up different difficulties for different stratum connections using the same BTC address.

My information is more correct. P=d is not disabled. It says it does not use VARDIFF, not that p=d is disabled.

What is such a big problem?
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:48:53 PM

Then it should be OK, I can set d=8192 for both, small and big rigs.
But it would be even nicer if it would be possible to specify different difficulties for different workers using the same BTC address as user name.

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:24:06 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:33:09 AM by fivejonnyfive

Grumble Grumble. First day trying the pool.
.003 confirmed balance - no payout.

The minimum is indeed .001, no? Payed out at "about 11pm EST"?

Nope :-|

Actually the payout went fine, only a little late. Color me satisfied! Going to stick to this pool for a while.
zneww

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:09:37 AM

Grumble Grumble. First day trying the pool.
.003 confirmed balance - no payout.

The minimum is indeed .001, no? Payed out at "about 11pm EST"?

Nope :-|

Actually the payout went fine, only a little late. Color me satisfied! Going to stick to this pool for a while.

hehe awesome, good to hear  Grin payouts are somewhat manual so they dont have a super set time
Jacky161

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

I been mining for a few hours then stopped mining. I got around 1000 shares. The next day I checked my balance. Immature (estimate)   0 BTC
Unexchanged (estimate)   0 BTC
Combined Balance (estimate)     0 BTC
Total BTC Paid   0 BTC
Then I checked my wallet which had nothing in it. Did I really just waste about 5 hours of my life?
It says that payouts happen at 11pm Est. I checked the time for est right now. It is 9:41 am. That is way past 11pm est.
wwzoon

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:56:44 PM

one advice:  "borderd" the box to put your address,now it is invisible Tongue

bitboat.net - Compra Bitcoin in contanti; semplice, veloce e sicuro!
zneww

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:43:04 PM

I been mining for a few hours then stopped mining. I got around 1000 shares. The next day I checked my balance. Immature (estimate)   0 BTC
Total BTC Paid   0 BTC
Then I checked my wallet which had nothing in it. Did I really just waste about 5 hours of my life?
It says that payouts happen at 11pm Est. I checked the time for est right now. It is 9:41 am. That is way past 11pm est.

You need to mine for more then a few hours. This isn't some get rich quick scheme.
Jacky161

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:08:53 PM

Total BTC Paid   0 BTC

You need to mine for more then a few hours. This isn't some get rich quick scheme.
I thought I would get like 0.00000001 at least since I got some shares.
Jacky161

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:15:56 PM

Does this only show the first zero for your balance?
zneww

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:25:26 AM

Does this only show the first zero for your balance?

Im confused.
hashpower

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:16:16 AM

Hi Guys,
Any idea why the graphs are not showing the BTC/MH/Day for the last 3 days?
how is it possible to contact the Admins?

thanks
zneww

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:34:39 AM

Hi Guys,
Any idea why the graphs are not showing the BTC/MH/Day for the last 3 days?
how is it possible to contact the Admins?

thanks

Not sure.

email, or IRC \. IRC being the easiest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: