Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:06:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 907069 times)
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:16:12 AM

Am happy that something has been done to prevent this from happening. Too many topics where been made just to promote and give coins out for people to use and try creating   lot of exposure and good vibes about coins when most where just worthless. If people want to do a give away then at least do that give-away on their own site or a place where it can be done. Maybe make a section up just for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one section and no everywhere.

Just so it is clear, and I know it doesn't excuse them, but they weren't doing a giveaway. They were helping people that were scammed by another coin.

Quote from: bdanyo
Just a heads up to the Pandacoin (PND) community. We might be experiencing some posts from the Rightcoin community. We are doing another community compensation campaign for those that got hurt with unethical scammy developers, similar to our initiative with Rightcoin.

So just a heads up and not to confuse you all when that happens!
They obviously should have directed people to post offsite regarding this, but it's still very sad that the Pandacoin devs or community weren't given a warning and the offending posts deleted. Instead they were punished (unfairly imo) for caring for the cryptocurrency community in general. Meanwhile, real scammers often are not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

Am happy that something has been done to prevent this from happening. Too many topics where been made just to promote and give coins out for people to use and try creating   lot of exposure and good vibes about coins when most where just worthless. If people want to do a give away then at least do that give-away on their own site or a place where it can be done. Maybe make a section up just for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one section and no everywhere.

Just so it is clear, and I know it doesn't excuse them, but they weren't doing a giveaway. They were helping people that were scammed by another coin.

Just a heads up to the Pandacoin (PND) community. We might be experiencing some posts from the Rightcoin community. We are doing another community compensation campaign for those that got hurt with unethical scammy developers, similar to our initiative with Rightcoin.

They obviously should have directed people to post offsite regarding this, but it's still very sad that the Pandacoin devs or community weren't given a warning and the offending posts deleted. Instead they were punished (unfairly imo) for caring for the cryptocurrency community in general. Meanwhile, real scammers often are not.

I will agree on the part of people getting scammed from a coin but anyone can simply say I got scammed please donate or give away your coins. Give-aways should be approved by mods to allow . Like please provide reasons as to why you are doing such a giveaway for these coins. Once approved it will be allowed etc.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:05:04 AM

There was plenty of warning. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:33:49 AM

I'm not trying to be difficult, but would it have really been so difficult to post a warning with a link to that thread in the Panda's thread beforehand? I imagine it would've taken 2 extra seconds to post a warning as apposed to locking the thread. Just seems kinda cold and heartless to me. There are over 2000 posts in that thread. Doesn't that say something to the importance of this community? As someone wise once said...

Rules are born from principles to protect the righteous and innocent.
Rigidly adhering to rules where the result violates the spirit of their principles is unwise and self defeating.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:41:09 AM

Am happy that something has been done to prevent this from happening. Too many topics where been made just to promote and give coins out for people to use and try creating   lot of exposure and good vibes about coins when most where just worthless. If people want to do a give away then at least do that give-away on their own site or a place where it can be done. Maybe make a section up just for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one section and no everywhere.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but would it have really been so difficult to post a warning with a link to that thread in the Panda's thread beforehand? I imagine it would've taken 2 extra seconds to post a warning as apposed to locking the thread. Just seems kinda cold and heartless to me. There are over 2000 posts in that thread. Doesn't that say something to the importance of this community? As someone wise once said...

Rules are born from principles to protect the righteous and innocent.
Rigidly adhering to rules where the result violates the spirit of their principles is unwise and self defeating.

Thanks for the link. Breaking more rules isn't going to make us be sympathetic.

A wild ban evader has appeared!

(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:53:57 AM

Pardon me, but what? Care to elaborate? What link? What rule? Are you calling me a ban evader? I don't understand.

<edit> I'm guessing you just want me to drop the subject. Wish granted.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

Not you, danyo and the pandacoin dev.

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:47:53 AM

Pardon me, but what? Care to elaborate? What link? What rule? Are you calling me a ban evader? I don't understand.

<edit> I'm guessing you just want me to drop the subject. Wish granted.
Not you, danyo and the pandacoin dev.

Shouldn't this:

look like this?

A wild Ratata has appeared!
?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
barryzand

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:09:39 AM

Dont you think its a bit harsh too instantly ban these people and lock the thread?

I'm really disappointed in the fact you dont even send out a warning first. Here PND is trying too compensate for the losses of other peoples SCAM coins... Wich happend before with the AC scam (hidden premine stuff), Why didnt you lock the thread/warn the devs at that moment?

Still you guys allow lots and lots of scamcoins too be posted here... Even after being confirmed a scam, you guys still keep the thread open,
I can still post actively in the Stackcoin thread... Not 1 mod who took the time too at least modify that threads title saying it is a scam... This is just 1 little example... Thats stuff is far more worse then hosting a little giveaway... 

There are also lots of 100% pos coins out here... wich distribute through the btctalk thread... yet I dont see any one of those locked... (some of those are simply not applying too the rules as well)

Pls re-open the PND official thread... And unban the devs...  I'm certain they not did this on purpose... it was more like a charity kind of thing... Let them remove all the "giveaway posts" and continue with our beloved community Smiley

Please reconsider your descision

(english isnt my lanquage... so dont mind the spelling pls LOL  Cheesy)
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

Apparently you guys have banned anon136.

I'm posting because according to the information in the OP, and unless there's something we ignore, the ban is improper.

Quote from: theymos
Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

that's what anon136 was doing here.

He's providing escrow service here currently and he's done so several times in the past successfully.

Please consider removing his ban.

Thanks.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:51:17 PM

Yeah, I'd like to add my vote for letting Anon136 back on....I really feel that he doesn't deserve the ban in this case.
(maybe you can ban him for being a silver-smelting hillbilly, instead)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:48:32 AM

Must be a mistake with Anon136. He is one of the most trusted escrow services on bitcointalk.

Wait for Mod's response.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

Please reconsider to cancel the ban you have done on Anon136. He's a Bitcointalk-user for a long time and earned a lot of respect in the community.

Thank you.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:30:12 PM

Apparently you guys have banned anon136.

I'm posting because according to the information in the OP, and unless there's something we ignore, the ban is improper.

Quote from: theymos
Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

that's what anon136 was doing here.

He's providing escrow service here currently and he's done so several times in the past successfully.

Please consider removing his ban.

Thanks.

Wrong thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=608247.0

He even says in the thread he knew it was against the rules, yet it continues.

People also seem to be confused, it isn't posting addresses specifically that's against the rules (though that is one of the most common type), it's incentivizing posts. Some people were putting the addresses in their signature then posting anyway, it's the same thing. Some were just posting their addresses in the thread.  

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:02:18 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 01:16:10 PM by bahamapascal

Hi BadBear,
It seems like Anon136 really did break the rules, though to my understanding (reading what he says) he thought that he was  just on the EDGE for braking the rules becaus his giveaway was actually no alt. coin.

Most importantly, he is an very important member of this Forum as he is a trusted escrow. He is holding around 100 BTC of more then 100 bitcointalk users in escrow for EXO_coin and maybe more for other escrows I am not aware of.

I am sure that he will from now on be more care full with not braking or walking on the edge of braking the rules.
Please, can you give him a second chance and remove the ban? Its not just for him, but for every one holding quite large amount of Money with him.

Thanks!
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:33:53 PM

Yes give anon a second chance.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:50:28 PM

Hi BadBear,
It seems like Anon136 really did break the rules, though to my understanding (reading what he says) he thought that he was  just on the EDGE for braking the rules becaus his giveaway was actually no alt. coin.

Most importantly, he is an very important member of this Forum as he is a trusted escrow. He is holding around 100 BTC of more then 100 bitcointalk users in escrow for EXO_coin and maybe more for other escrows I am not aware of.

I am sure that he will from now on be more care full with not braking or walking on the edge of braking the rules.
Please, can you give him a second chance and remove the ban? Its not just for him, but for every one holding quite large amount of Money with him.

Thanks!

He's done a lot of good, and helped many to not get scammed, so taking that into consideration, I've reduced it to 5 days (4 remaining).

frohlocke

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:52:29 PM

Community needs him!
marek3ball

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:23:23 PM

I think Anon136 is very respectful person too. He has helped with a lot of escrows.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:31:08 PM

Hi BadBear,

Thanks!

He's done a lot of good, and helped many to not get scammed, so taking that into consideration, I've reduced it to 5 days (4 remaining).

Thank you, I think that sounds like a fair compromise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: