Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:40:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ₩orldo -The World Currency. Botnet proof. CPU only. (Alpha)  (Read 23954 times)
traveltrousers

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:49:33 AM

So, what is the difference between traveltrousers and travel-trousers?

None, when I created the account it complained the password was too short and then the name was already....
traveltrousers

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:03:21 AM

Trust me I can tell you this coin has no future, #1 dumb name, Waldo, Worldo?? Dumb. Second there is already Worldcoin, you can't compete with them, third, there is Earthcoin, and they can barely stay afloat. Just close up shop on this coin, no one will mine it and it is taking up space.

Our real thinking was that we would not call it ****coin. 99% of the cryptocurrencies follow this trend and really, no one outside of this forum know they exist apart from bitcoin. Go tell Jackson Palmer to close up Dogecoin because it has a dumb name :p

Peso -> Euro -> Worldo

Tell me your great six letter memorable name that makes sense, can be easily remembered, can't be misspelled, doesn't appear in a google search and has a .com/.org domain available AND DOESN'T END IN COIN.....

Let me guess, you're a Worldcoin miner :p
bman3

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

Trust me I can tell you this coin has no future, #1 dumb name, Waldo, Worldo?? Dumb. Second there is already Worldcoin, you can't compete with them, third, there is Earthcoin, and they can barely stay afloat. Just close up shop on this coin, no one will mine it and it is taking up space.

Our real thinking was that we would not call it ****coin. 99% of the cryptocurrencies follow this trend and really, no one outside of this forum know they exist apart from bitcoin. Go tell Jackson Palmer to close up Dogecoin because it has a dumb name :p

Peso -> Euro -> Worldo

Tell me your great six letter memorable name that makes sense, can be easily remembered, can't be misspelled, doesn't appear in a google search and has a .com/.org domain available AND DOESN'T END IN COIN.....

Let me guess, you're a Worldcoin miner :p

Pm'd
traveltrousers

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:11:32 AM

I'm liking the ideas guys, but you seriously need a re-branding. Please let me do it for you, I am an experienced 3D Artist and Graphic Designer.

Excellent, we're all ears, shoot us a PM with your ideas.
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

It's not fun being ill when there is so much to do but I've managed to do some coding.

First priority is to finish up the botnet protection code and our initial tests show that our initial ideas seem sound, although of course this can change when you turn over the code to someone who wants to hack it...

It really is a tricky problem, how can one tell that another open source client has been altered or is not playing fair on the network...
After all there isn't a anti-turing test for computers... well, okay, it's a CAPTCHA, but do you really want to typing in codes, even occasionally, to prove you're not part of a botnet? And even these can be passed out to other people...

140 sign ups now which is good, please spread the word and get in touch if you're a coder that wants to earn some bounties...

I will try to hash out an initial white paper describing our solution this afternoon... although I'd rather be in bed... :p
mfpowernl

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:05:35 PM

Hmm the name need to change because its to close with worldcoin!
MickeNorsk

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:53:30 PM

So 2 billion coins out of 1 trillion coins will be premined? or 2%?
Because 2 billion out of 1 trillion is 0,2%. not 2%

If you premine 2 % that would be 20 billion, and that's 10% of the coins mined in the first FOUR years, that's insane!!
If that's the cause it would take around 140 days to mine as much as you premine.

BUT if it's 0,2% it would still take roughly 2 weeks to mine as much as you premine. That's also QUITE much. but acceptable.
However the 0.8% transaction fee is INSANE. Even if you can change to 0.1% that would still annoying long term.

Other than that, great ideas.

SC: BSGpdD9cCYTGTv4oBMMgZFKjDn3s1gFNHZ
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:22:26 PM

Very good, well spotted, yes its 2%.

If you premine 2 % that would be 20 billion, and that's 10% of the coins mined in the first FOUR years, that's insane!!

Well, tell your friends to sign up, 0.4% will go to everyone who asks and 1.4% will go to anyone who throws some real money at us for development... which we will then transparently throw at developers who work on it....

However the 0.8% transaction fee is INSANE. Even if you can change to 0.1% that would still annoying long term.
We thought that might cause some controversy, but once every see's how we're using it to grow the idea and promote payments they should accept it.
PLUS it's optional AND we're completely upfront about it AND 0.1% on $100 is only 10c...

You have to think long term....

Why thanks, I'm putting you down for an extra share ! Smiley
MickeNorsk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

Very good, well spotted, yes its 2%.

Well, tell your friends to sign up, 0.4% will go to everyone who asks and 1.4% will go to anyone who throws some real money at us for development... which we will then transparently throw at developers who work on it....

We thought that might cause some controversy, but once every see's how we're using it to grow the idea and promote payments they should accept it.
PLUS it's optional AND we're completely upfront about it AND 0.1% on $100 is only 10c...

You have to think long term....

Why thanks, I'm putting you down for an extra share ! Smiley

Thank you! I pm'd you.

As long as you put it up clear for everyone to see, so there's no questions or bashing after launch.
Still, I think it's quite much, you will need to distribute at least half of the premine withing a couple of weeks, else there'll be alot of doubt.
I predict that people will suspect you that you'll dump the premine as soon it hits an exchange. That's why it's important to start many giveaways and open a big faucet within days of release.

Remember. 2% equals around 20 weeks of mining. I suggest you to think about that fact and think of it's pros and cons.

I wish you luck on launch! I'll be following this.

SC: BSGpdD9cCYTGTv4oBMMgZFKjDn3s1gFNHZ
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

Great coin guys.

Very original and "smart" idea.

Yeah, you even copied our CSS for the website. Very honest of you, guys.

Ouch. Can you explain this to us? Theft of another coin's site code is not a great way to start building trust.

Also, please be more clear on what's happening with the premine. Break it down in first post.

I'm interested and will follow your development.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:22:11 PM

Still don't see the dove. Can someone sketch it in for me?

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

It's a really interesting coin.
I want to ask if the coin is really botnet proof.
coz many ppls don't like the CPU coin due to botnet.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:59:08 PM

interested. Really like the concept Smiley
nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:07:35 PM

http://www.worldo.org/botnet.pdf v0.1 of our anti-botnet white paper, comments welcome.
Ok, I've looked through this whitepaper. Unfortunately, it has major flaws.

retrieve data 10ms
Send Data 10ms
You can't rely on such latency. For example, distance from NY to London is 5570 km (3460 miles). Nothing can move faster than light, so information can't be transmitted from NY to London faster than 5570/300,000 = 18 ms. Double this for standard TCP/IP. Double this for LA -> Moscow. Get 72 ms. Quietly weep (c).

The solution is passed out to the nodes as normal, checked and added to the blockchain, but the coins are not in the bag yet.
No, they are. "The solution is passed out to the nodes as normal, checked and added to the blockchain" == "coins are in the bag" until you invent something new. Your whitepaper is definitely missing some technical details.

Several of the closest nodes will now check that the winner is in fact not a botnet computer.
The checking nodes split the work between them
If the winner fails the confirms by a considerable degree then the block is lost and the coins are either split between the confirming nodes or moved to an empty wallet.
This all shows your complete misunderstanding of cryptocoin network. You should stop coding right now and get some crypto background first.
http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf‎ is a great place to start. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page fine too.

Really, whitepaper is a piece of shit for now. No offence, please.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

is that Pangea?  Grin

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:34:37 PM

hmm in think this is a killer :

and this is a no go !! :

Pump and Dump protectionInitially you will only be able to transfer 50% of your ₩orldo per hour but this figure will increase by 10% a year. This is to encourage people to trade responsibly and discourage early users from a cycle of 'pump and dump'. Do you really want someone with a massive cache of ₩orldo selling it all at once?

dont make invest rule for the people you are now alike the todays banksystems  : digital coins would have that no rules......... freedom !!

freedom in transaction how many its al up to the user not your rule
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:24:28 AM

retrieve data 10ms
Send Data 10ms
You can't rely on such latency. For example, distance from NY to London is 5570 km (3460 miles). Nothing can move faster than light, so information can't be transmitted from NY to London faster than 5570/300,000 = 18 ms. Double this for standard TCP/IP. Double this for LA -> Moscow. Get 72 ms. Quietly weep (c).

Please read it again, that is a more than optimal case for a hard disk, purely for illustration.

It is meant to show that using spinning disk drives for confirmations increases the lag expontially.
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:30:46 AM

Strange, I thought I referenced Nakamotos paper.... oh yes, I did :p
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:42:36 AM

Really, whitepaper is a piece of shit for now. No offence, please.

None taken. Although you don't need to sugar coat it...

I think you misunderstand my idea, I'm not describing what happens in a 'normal cryptocurrency' such as bitcoin, I'm explaining how to add a check to ensure a node is not botnet controlled.

I think I will edit with 'real world' latency times though....
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:15:26 AM

Ouch. Can you explain this to us? Theft of another coin's site code is not a great way to start building trust.

That was unfortunate. When you say to someone 'build us a landing page just like this one' you don't expect they will make it more like the original than it should be... :p

Pay peanuts, get monkeys... all the css code is gone now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: