Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GROUP ACTION: CRYPTSY EXHANGE NEGLIGENCE - TAKE ACTION  (Read 20089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:32:13 PM

well as i say never store a hugh amount of coins in online exchance websites,
i dont say i do not trust them but incase of this you would loose to muts coins

pay fee for transactions ok but a 2,5 % or 1,5 % fee for transactions is alot then wen you want to withdraw coins you get if <0.1 no withdraw becouse they dont win on your coins .....

there should be no limits to withdraws at leat you can pay fee for that : no Limits !!

We are talking about trading, not storing. Why would you store coins in online exchange?

So that when you need them they cannot be withdrawn and get stolen. That's the sort of people from which Cryptsy profits from.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:40:35 PM

taking actions to shut down another exchange doesnt seem all that beneficial to the community.  Maybe instead some ideas on what steps they need to take to solve their current issues and some possible workaround for them that they havent come up with.  In an ideal world of course this shouldnt be necessary but keep in mind how undeveloped this community/ network still is.  We need to build not destroy.

Andy18

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:56:44 PM

Seeing as Cryptsy is clearly hurting many coin communities here by frivolously adding coins then not supporting them correctly, refusing to suspend new registrations when they are overwhelmed with registrations, allowing coins to go missing from customer accounts, blatantly lying to customers, and trapping people in their exchange for weeks or longer, I would like to help organize group action against Cryptsy to put pressure on them to resolve these issues in manner that doesn't result in the user base suffering while they profit. I have personally had coins trapped there for a half of a month as of today, and I know there are many others suffering from Cryptsy's negligence. They are only doing this because NO ONE IS PUSHING BACK. Let Cryptsy know playing with your money isn't a game they want to play.

Possible plans:
-Group protests at their HQ
-Social media campaigns exposing their negligence (like done with BFL)
-Class action lawsuits

What do you think is the best way to do this?

LETS PUSH BACK

Change exchange if you don't like cryptsy.
byt411

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:54:52 PM

Seeing as Cryptsy is clearly hurting many coin communities here by frivolously adding coins then not supporting them correctly, refusing to suspend new registrations when they are overwhelmed with registrations, allowing coins to go missing from customer accounts, blatantly lying to customers, and trapping people in their exchange for weeks or longer, I would like to help organize group action against Cryptsy to put pressure on them to resolve these issues in manner that doesn't result in the user base suffering while they profit. I have personally had coins trapped there for a half of a month as of today, and I know there are many others suffering from Cryptsy's negligence. They are only doing this because NO ONE IS PUSHING BACK. Let Cryptsy know playing with your money isn't a game they want to play.

Possible plans:
-Class action lawsuits

LETS PUSH BACK

This is for the sake of the community, not for personal gain. I see you are a selfish money-grabbing bastard. Now go away.
ltcifc

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:11:49 PM

Possible plans:
-Class action lawsuits

LETS PUSH BACK

How to change when they are holding our money, son.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

taking actions to shut down another exchange doesnt seem all that beneficial to the community.  Maybe instead some ideas on what steps they need to take to solve their current issues and some possible workaround for them that they havent come up with.  In an ideal world of course this shouldnt be necessary but keep in mind how undeveloped this community/ network still is.  We need to build not destroy.

I completely agree. Currently the altcoin community is fairly dependent on Cryptsy and shutting them down or entangling them with regulators is probably not a good first step. They know we need them right now and are counting on it, otherwise no one would tolerate this service.  I think with coordinated community pressure we can achieve the same effect without further putting the community at risk. Again my goal here is not to harm Cryptsy but to put pressure on them to improve the way their user base is treated, and improve the reliability of their servers and related systems.
EasyD

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:59:56 AM

This is the kind of thing that will hurt alt-crypto. If large companies like this thrive, crypto is going to continue to look like a criminals currency. I think one of the best ways to get the message through to these people and speak with your dollars, do not give them return business.

My best wishes to those that have their money tied up with them.
ltcifc

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:43:35 PM

At least they can admit that they have withdrawal problems and post it on their dashboard, instead of ignoring every attempt for communication.
They are holding hundred of thousands of dollars worth Infinitecoin's, which is hurting the coin value and holding the coin prospect.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:36:05 PM

I can understand peoples frustration with Cryptsy but I don't think the negligence is intentional.

I use Cryptsy and stick with 'proper' coins, BTC, LTC, PPC etc and have never had any real issues over the past 3 months.
c1010010

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:12:17 PM

That's condescending.

...which means to talk down to people.

I can understand peoples frustration with Cryptsy but I don't think the negligence is intentional.

I use Cryptsy and stick with 'proper' coins, BTC, LTC, PPC etc and have never had any real issues over the past 3 months.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
byt411

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:11:21 PM

That's condescending.

...which means to talk down to people.

Yep. It's like he is accusing us and saying it's our own fault.
ltcifc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:44:41 AM

I think i understand you. Your mind is limited to brands and you have no idea what is going on around you. You have never taken a risk in your life and
you brain is washed to work by the book.
So, your opinion does not matter to any reasonable mind, and you are wasting your time with posts. My suggestion to you is to disconnect your internet
and never look back, but if you start replaying again.... good luck.
Mad_Mat

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:02:54 PM

Yeah I can't wait until a better exchange than cryptsy is available!!
byt411

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

I think i understand you. Your mind is limited to brands and you have no idea what is going on around you. You have never taken a risk in your life and
you brain is washed to work by the book.
So, your opinion does not matter to any reasonable mind, and you are wasting your time with posts. My suggestion to you is to disconnect your internet
and never look back, but if you start replaying again.... good luck.

I would also suggest he reconsider about life. He needs to think about how he takes his choices.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

Accountablility builds character and trust.

I'll let you decide how this applies to the matters at hand.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.0

JY7510

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:54:44 PM

I'm pretty done with them too. As soon as my withdrawals are complete (if ever) I'm jumping ship.
Oyster5513

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:44:17 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 08:14:01 AM by Oyster5513

Glad that I have found this forum, as I am currently experiencing the same issue. I currently have three withdrawals on pending status. in the past, I have asked for a cancellation of withdrawal ; due to the wait. cancellation requests went through with in minutes to hours. it is not even a large withdrawal, just  few btc. something tells  the bitcoins are not in house, the alt coins are to keep everything at flow. I cannot think of another reason why they would delay the withdrawal process? unless they didn't have it, jp Morgan didn't have either...

This is the problem, "cant audit the feds", cant audit a exchange, how do we know they didn't cook the books, gambled it away, flipping it. the alt coins are a way to keep the player in house, more table games, cant leave the house. what good are alt coins if one cannot cash out? and we are told to hush up? work with them?, how is this wreckless behavior tolerated? I cannot imagine having my coins on pending stats for weeks, I would have have contacted the Florida attorney general by now, they are a licensed business in the United states.

I am sure there are many more with the same issue, I am going to wait days on in, thats is just nuts, and "No sorry" I will Not hush up, for these alt coins, I do not care is I have a "newbie" star behind my name or you are a "5 star forum general" its a peer to peer , based on trust system. once that trust is broken, altcoins or bitcoins will go down the drain, the ripple effect will be huge. I don't think any of us wants that.

lets hope cryptsy does the right thing.
Oyster5513

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:53:28 AM

please everyone and anyone, don't be afraid to speak up. it is your right, it is your money. the amount is irreverent.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

I registered a long time ago but just made my first deposit and trying to trade... this exchange is a nightmare, I'll try to complete my trade and never go back.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:31:41 PM

This makes my decision to not sign up easy. Thanks

Grin

Chuck Norris says dont listen to this fool!

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: