Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:11:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NY Hearings - lets live blog this puppy : - )  (Read 11817 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:54:56 PM

This is neither bullish nor bearish. It is completely neutral. The senate hearings was a bit bullish because they seemingly embraced Bitcoin. This is more of an interview to determine what to do to regulate it.

Lol. Regulation=bullish. This is bullish.

lol Keep dreaming!
Why would regulation be bullish by default? Because they allow Bitcoin to exist and work with it? lol. They know they can't stop it, so their main reason for regulation is revenue. They just want their cut of others' profits. The AML practices have already been in place for nearly a year.

Yeah I'm not an idealistic fanatic like yourself. I believe we need exchanges backed by banks. I believe we need funds backed by the SEC. I believe in a strong growing bitcoin Eco system. I believe these are the things we need as soon as possible. Bitcoin needs to operate with a certain amount of regulatory guidelines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:56:17 PM

as a german I was very content with that Hearing. I think the BTC issue is doing fine.
The Regulators have been  at least  neutral,not to say positive about BTC. My Impression-

Bitcoin is Freedom. Bitcoin is very American."
very good
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:57:43 PM

This is neither bullish nor bearish. It is completely neutral. The senate hearings was a bit bullish because they seemingly embraced Bitcoin. This is more of an interview to determine what to do to regulate it.

lol Keep dreaming!
Why would regulation be bullish by default? Because they allow Bitcoin to exist and work with it? lol. They know they can't stop it, so their main reason for regulation is revenue. They just want their cut of others' profits. The AML practices have already been in place for nearly a year.

What he said^  Wink
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:58:53 PM

speaking as one who couldnt watch, thanks for all the posts about it, keep it comming ! =)

.... MERICA!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:03:39 PM

lol Keep dreaming!

Yeah I'm not an idealistic fanatic like yourself. I believe we need exchanges backed by banks. I believe we need funds backed by the SEC. I believe in a strong growing bitcoin Eco system. I believe these are the things we need as soon as possible. Bitcoin needs to operate with a certain amount of regulatory guidelines.

No, I agree SEC is good for the exchanges. But it's good for those who use the exchange, not necessarily for Bitcoin itself (not that it's bad for it either, but it doesn't matter). Those who use the exchange can have a path of recourse once it's all set in motion, but I don't think that equates to guaranteed bullish

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

lol Keep dreaming!
Most people - that's the 99% - won't get on board without official approval. That's why we need regulations. The actual form of the regulations won't matter much at all to us.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:08:02 PM

lol Keep dreaming!

No, I agree SEC is good for the exchanges. But it's good for those who use the exchange, not necessarily for Bitcoin itself. Those who use the exchange can have a path of recourse once it's all set in motion, but I don't think that equates to guaranteed bullish

I do. US exchanges that are completely trustworthy and banked backed ventures that are designed to make bitcoin easier to acquire, sime to handle and readily available is extremely bullish. Techies and bitcoin evangelicals have very limited perception of the way most humans live their lives. Simplicity, security, ease of handling, feeling mainstream, these are the qualities bitcoin needs to be widely adopted. Bitcoin needs to be attractive to people who don't think like you do.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:13:56 PM

I liked Mr Wilson the most with take no-nonsense attitude and a clear drive for innovation that you would expect from a VC; Winklevoss brothers scored a bunch of home runs as well. I was thinking that the audience might spontaneously rise and burst into hymn recital. Messrs. Silbert and Liu were a bit too cautious and "programmed". I think if too much regulation will happen, Mr. Liu will take his funds to Hong Kong or Canada vs Wilson and Winklevosses who are clearly fighting for US to be the hub of it all. All and all-it was quite entertaining.
With just 0.5% in illicit trade, why 50% of time was devoted to it?
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

The only thing that would have made it better, is if the jingoistic shit at the end had been expressed thusly:
"Such american. Very freedom."
i.e. a DOGEcoin plug.

Oh well, I guess I'm still satisfied with the way it went.

I like how they didn't mention ANY alts by name at all, yet they stopped saying "digital currency" and were exclusively talking about Bitcoin the entire time. (Which is fine, I'm not complaining.)
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:22:49 PM

lol Keep dreaming!
Most people - that's the 99% - won't get on board without official approval. That's why we need regulations. The actual form of the regulations won't matter much at all to us.

Bonkers. First of all, i could care less if 99% people use it tomorrow or not. I could accumulate bitcoin slower. Second, I am fine with it taking 10-12 years: 0.035% right now (2mil out of 7bil), 0.12% in 2015, 0.3% in 2016 (slow down to double a year from 400-500%), 0.6% in 2017, 1.2% in 2018 (still just 100mil people), 2.4% in 2019, 4.8% in 2020, 9.6% in 2021, 19.2% in 2022, 38.4% in 2023, 76.8% in 2024, everyone in 2025.
jamesc760

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:41:38 PM

Charles Lee, the inventor of litecoin, is speaking right now.

BTW, he is NOT of Chinese descent and has no relationship to Bobby Lee, the CEO of Chinese exchange.

jamesc760

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:43:13 PM

He's actually reading from a prepared statement.
jamesc760

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:46:31 PM

Van Cleef, a lawyer, is reading from a prepared statement and is about a new bitcoin money service company called co-optus(?).
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:46:44 PM

BTW, he is NOT of Chinese descent and has no relationship to Bobby Lee, the CEO of Chinese exchange.

I did not know that. And I could have sworn some media have said they were brothers.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

What? Isn't that his brother? And he sure as hell looks Chinese.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:47:59 PM

Who cares about cooptus nonsense? Is this a longest informercial on gov airways or what?
nak

Activity: 74

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:48:27 PM

Who's this nutjob talking about a "centralised" cryptocurrency? Doesn't that default the ethos of bitcoin?

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
merkin51

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

What the fuck is this shit? Jesus H Christ in a chicken basket... bring back Freddie!
threecats (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:52:42 PM

what a snoozefest. wtf are these people`? is this some affirmative action effort for obscure cryptocurrency variations?

poor charles lee. he must feel like he got bumped down into economy.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

I think the guy eating his lunch at the back is very bullish news.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: