Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914098 times)
MasterRogue

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:45:47 AM

Sadly I know as a fact that within a day Mining will be hard to do on your own and that there are several " Mining Farms " already to start mining as soon as it launches uses High End servers to Mine Maxcoin as fast as they can install the software to the servers. I have talked to several other Major Players in the CC Market and so I know there will will Huge Hashing Power in the Tera if not petaflop range within days of the launch of Maxcoin making it almost impossible to mine for the average person which is a fear of mine.

I am interested starting both an Exchange and Pool with Zero Fees and if possible extra rewards for the person submitting the winning answer to a block if you will. So if the creators are out there you can reach me at a temporary email address I set up. Since I am unsure of how to reach you here is the address

beelovesbird@yahoo.com where I will reply with actual contact information. After which I will no longer use the account. Hey my Girlfriend set it up for me. My Nic is Bee, her's Birdy  

I personally know someone with 12 Rigs with The AMD Optero 6380 Series 16 Core Processors ready to Mine Macoin. All on sever based mother boards with tons of memory to help things along. He has other rigs that mine other Alt Coins and he had 6 more of these on order due to be delivered next Monday.

I admit after seeing how fast they can mine on a CPU I ordered new equipment myself so I might get a piece of the action from Day one. Having made a Mint in Bitcoin and Litecoin yes I ordered a lot.

I will mine using the AMD Opteron 6380 Abu Dhabi 2.5GHz as I was able to get a fantastic deal on at true wholesale prices. They are for servers FYI but you can order some that aren't quite like the AMD 6300 which are a we bit slower for standard motherboards for around $700. Which I ordered some of these as well to start swapping out on equipment I already have and move the old high end CPUs to other systems. Hey, waste not want not!

As well there is a New Crypto Currency coming that " may ", again MAY be able to wipe out all others making them next to worthless and oddly enough it can be easily used around the world just about everywhere within months of implantation. I don't know to much about it, but have seen and talked to the developers who are keeping a lot of things under wrap for now. They approached me as an Angel Investor. Yes I invested. Call me crazy. Yet still of all Coins I love the Maxcoin Concept for now. I will support it as I can and of course mine it like crazy.

As a PS I also own a small hosting company and all my retired mining equipment goes there.

I wish you, the creators of Maxcoin well and hope this becomes the success I believe this will be as in some ways of I see this as a new Gold Standard for Crypto.

All to you Miners out there, get in fast, HOLD and I mean what you MINE and don't cash in right away. I believe out of all the coins this one has the best chance over taking BTC until the new coin mentioned above launches.  

Please forgive any typos, I don't have time to review what I wrote.

naplam

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:47:19 AM

I'm currently implementing the libraries for Keccak Sha-3 into cgminer and should have a working compile this evening.
That has been done already for the only sha3 coins in existence so far. But the creators of maxcoin have said that in the way they use it, it's not compatible for mining their coin so there is something that has to be changed to make it work. And you won't know what exactly until you see the maxcoin source code which you can't see yet. So... what the hell are you talking about?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:50:07 AM

Scrypt max keiser coin already out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400039.0

people should have just mined this....

Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

Waiting for this one.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

yeah people should have mined it..... it will get media anyway if it took off because it was max keiser coin 1 and took the MAX ticker first.

scrypt max coin vs sha3 max coin of which you will get none of .... There is no harm having 2 max keiser coins.... he deserves two i think for being so cool Smiley

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:56:40 AM

Will there be a guide for mining on windows or linux?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
PJDavis1970

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:57:10 AM

And you superior knowledge has aided you in creating which coin?
Well, I'm not a crook or a scammer so I've created no coins so far Smiley

Now, let's assume for a second that these guys are not the clueless fucks they look like:
Then they would probably have many GPUs and/or botnets ready to mine it. Why else make a sha3 coin? plus, it's not immediately compatible with the (two?) other sha3 coins, so only they would have gpu mining for the first few blocks. Profit!

This is a coin to stay away from IN ANY CASE.

I can tell you are not a developer.  Wanna know why?  Developers are not all out for money.  Most developers develop things for the love and interest they have in those things.

You have just made it very clear that you are just someone who has jumped on the crypto coin industry purely for a financial gain and it is clear as day that if you see something that is not going to make you an instant profit you will bitch and slam it.

God i detest people like you.  In it for you and no one else.

In fact thinking about it you sound like other people I can think of.  Bankers.  Biggest thieves ever and you have the audacity to call these devs crooks and scammers lol.
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

hi,

i just wanted to ask about the 7:30 launch. im quite new to mining maybe around 3 months, ive been at the launches of coinye, 66coin, cryptonium and nyancoin, and its always been the same old story.
it gets to the time of the launch then everyone is waiting for the new wallet to appear on the front page or specified site, then about 5 minutes in people start getting wallets, straight away the experienced and professional miners know what to do and start mining at a very low difficulty while the newbies or inexperienced miners flood the forum thread trying to find out how to start mining (i usually have to wait for a pool, i can manage to CPU mine but i cant seem to mine with CGminer through the wallet.). by the time a pool has become available about 20 minutes in the difficulty has already shot up making a lot of coins for the experienced miner and making it almost pointless others to wait all that time for the launch.

i would hate for this to happen to your coin with all the attention its getting.
is their a way of having everyone ready to mine at the same time and maybe even be able to test that the miner is working beforehand. theirs always talk of a fair launch but it never seems to happen sadly.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
Tulpa

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:01:45 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400323.msg4729050#msg4729050
Nice reply from Baltazar about almost the same coin

When U make copy of trash coin U will get Trash coin also :-)
JamesZ

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:01:54 PM

I don't want to start a war or something, But the only difference i see with Quark is:
Please note i'm not a pro in these stats, so if i'm wrong, correct me.

The difference:

Quark          vs        MaxCoin
CPU Mining       vs        CPU mining
6 encryption      vs       1 encryption
240 m              vs       250 m coins
30 secondes      vs       30 secondes
0,5% extra       vs       none?

Is it this coin just a striped of version of Quark or what?

James

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:03:50 PM

And you superior knowledge has aided you in creating which coin?
Well, I'm not a crook or a scammer so I've created no coins so far Smiley

Now, let's assume for a second that these guys are not the clueless fucks they look like:
Then they would probably have many GPUs and/or botnets ready to mine it. Why else make a sha3 coin? plus, it's not immediately compatible with the (two?) other sha3 coins, so only they would have gpu mining for the first few blocks. Profit!

This is a coin to stay away from IN ANY CASE.

I can tell you are not a developer.  Wanna know why?  Developers are not all out for money.  Most developers develop things for the love and interest they have in those things.

You have just made it very clear that you are just someone who has jumped on the crypto coin industry purely for a financial gain and it is clear as day that if you see something that is not going to make you an instant profit you will bitch and slam it.

God i detest people like you.  In it for you and no one else.

I do not think for one moment MAX himself would want to gain from this coin, that is nothing of interest to him. However there will those that compile gpu miners for this and will extra all of the value from it.  

It should have been scrypt or scrypt jane with high N to start.

that would have been most fair.

I think we can have 2 max keiser coins

there is a scrypt one that was out first already

and now this sha3 one - that in reality will be a bit of a flop since only a few will mine it successfully.

It's all about support if half as many support the scypt one, it will be mentioned along with the sha3 one in any media coverage. And 2 coins named after max is not a bad thing anyway.

max scrypt
max sha3

xb0x

Activity: 181

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:08:58 PM

reserved
PJDavis1970

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:09:20 PM

In all honesty I think the people moaning are those who have large GPU farms because they won't be able to get rich quick from it.

If it was script and became popular those with lots of cash and big gnu farms would get richer from it.

As its not gnu those with farms will not have anything to benefit and they be on level playing field with poorer people with only gpis. If this does get big then it will take away from those script coins that the gpu farmers are getting rich off.

Sounds similar doesn't it?  Why the banks hate crypto.  Its because bankers will lose control and so will the rich gnu miners loose control.

If this coin can avoid being controlled by botnets then this will be a coin which will allow everyday joe blogs mine and have input into.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:09:48 PM

This will not be as well distributed as everybody thinks just because its "no premine". Because of the botnets we will still have large amounts hold by those adresses. But other than before with coins like doge or quark these large holders won't be able to dump huge amounts into the market, their will be no buyers for lets say 100000 Maxcoin at the start prices. So not only will their be large amounts in few adresses but also won't this be distributed by the market as fast as slower growing coins. All the media hype can't change that.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:10:57 PM

I don't want to start a war or something, But the only difference i see with Quark is:

The difference:

James

What about quark premine?
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:11:14 PM

would be ideal if they released their own miner and a few pools of their own we could sign up to prior to launch, then at the launch all people would have to do is double click on miner.  Cool

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
PJDavis1970

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:13:15 PM

God i detest people like you.  In it for you and no one else.

In fact thinking about it you sound like other people I can think of.  Bankers.  Biggest thieves ever and you have the audacity to call these devs crooks and scammers lol.
yeah, yeah, go cpu mine wiht your laptop at your lousy hippy commune and leave the rest of us alone. Kids, learn: anyone who doesn't mine maxcrapcoin is a bankster! oh noes...

First off I am 45 so I do not believe that makes me a kid.  I do not need to get rich from crypto coins as I earn all I need as a software engineer for last 27 years.  So unlike you I like to see positive things coming from crypto coins in the hope one day it might bring a financial institute which is less corrupt that the current one we have in most countries.

The problem here is you are only out to try and get rich.  Greed is what caused the bank system to go tits up and greed is what is causing people like to you only want certain coins that make YOU rich.  So yes I see you no different to a Wan….sorry Banker.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:16:57 PM

The difference:

James

exactly, after having Bill on 2 Months ago,  and for the reasons I posted above It won't be better distibuted either
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:18:07 PM

In all honesty I think the people moaning are those who have large GPU farms because they won't be able to get rich quick from it.

If it was script and became popular those with lots of cash and big gnu farms would get richer from it.

As its not gnu those with farms will not have anything to benefit and they be on level playing field with poorer people with only gpis. If this does get big then it will take away from those script coins that the gpu farmers are getting rich off.

Sounds similar doesn't it?  Why the banks hate crypto.  Its because bankers will lose control and so will the rich gnu miners loose control.

If this coin can avoid being controlled by botnets then this will be a coin which will allow everyday joe blogs mine and have input into.

Obviously you have no idea Sad

That's the point the average job blogs with his i3 will have 0 chance against compiled gpu miners and cheap vps nodes, amazon instances....

To be honest though there is yet to be a coin design that would help average joe bloggs get in on the action.

scrypt jane with very high N perhaps,

naplam

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 12:20:07 PM

It should have been scrypt or scrypt jane with high N to start.

that would have been most fair.
I think we can have 2 max keiser coins

there is a scrypt one that was out first already

and now this sha3 one - that in reality will be a bit of a flop since only a few will mine it successfully.
I think they're in time to drop the sha3 crap. It's not like they're coding much on top of whatever coin they based this on. Two coins=2x fail, I guess :/

lol, again on fantasyland, are we?
First off I am 45 so I do not believe that makes me a kid.
I wasn't calling you a kid. It's unsurprising that you're a 45 year old software developer, it fits.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: