Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ASICMiner Publicly Looking for Potential Customers/Partners for New Chips  (Read 54973 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:24:02 PM

2. Mining device manufacturers who can improve our open-source design or make new designs from scratch.

AM's chip design is open-source? They are sharing design with Mining device manufacturers, I'm confused with their business pattern.
I thought AM is partially a Mining device manufacturer itself. Isn't the design a big secret for them?
Who can explain this please?
The open-source part will be the reference PCB, not the chip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qukuai.io

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

very impressive
whalezy

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:43:40 PM

2. Mining device manufacturers who can improve our open-source design or make new designs from scratch.

AM's chip design is open-source? They are sharing design with Mining device manufacturers, I'm confused with their business pattern.
I thought AM is partially a Mining device manufacturer itself. Isn't the design a big secret for them?
Who can explain this please?
The open-source part will be the reference PCB, not the chip.

Thanks for reply, FC, good job!
chenchunyu88

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 03:45:55 PM

cool. I bought cheap stocks before the announcement. stock price will be higher. say if ASICMiner sell 200,000 chips. That will be 1500BTC. Huge gain for shareholder.

qukuai.io

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:08:58 PM

cool. I bought cheap stocks before the announcement. stock price will be higher. say if ASICMiner sell 200,000 chips. That will be 1500BTC. Huge gain for shareholder.

1500 BTC is not huge ,15,000 BTC is huge
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:09:05 PM

Declaration: Before physical chips are out and fully tested, all specs/dates/data are for reference only and subject to change.

Although with unexpected obstacles, timing rearrangements and delays, our chips are still on track of delivery in March. This thread for releasing information of chips to public, with the intention of getting enough (direct) customers or (indirect) resellers aware before actual chips are produced.

The information will be updated to be more and more accurate, as we are updated with our fab, engineers, as well as the mining market.

Specification
Process node: 40nm
Package type: QFN64 8mmx8mm (with another option of QFN64 7mmx7mm possible)
I/O: Standard SPI protocol with clk, in, out and cs.
Rated Hashrate: 12.8GHash/s per chip, with a wide range of overclock/downclock options
Rated Voltage: 0.72V, recommended voltage range is 0.55V-1V
Power Consumption: 0.2J/GHash low voltage, 0.35J/GHash rated voltage

What to expect with the chips
Datasheets and reference PCB design are going to be released as soon as they are ready.

Chips will be available for ordering once the functionality and yield rate are confirmed with testing on actual chips.

There will be three modes of orders: Immediate delivery, 2-month delivery and 3-month delivery, with the price getting lower one by one. For 2-month and 3-month delivery, premium + balance payment may be supported to enhance liquidity and enable larger orders.

Both USD and Bitcoin payments are supported, but the nominal price will be based on USD.

Full devices from ASICMiner are definitely going to exist on the form of samples and small batches. ASICMiner may also build new mining farms based on new chips. Unsliced wafers may also be available for sale. But the main business direction is to provide packaged chips.

Price range
0.49$/G-0.99$/G, depending on order size and delivery speed of choice.

Please bear in mind that when choosing brands of Bitcoin mining chips, the cost of making whole working mining devices, including PSUs, DC/DC, heatsinks, fans, and room cooling facilities, needs to be taken into account. With our relatively low power consumption, the customer can save more money on the devices' side.

Partners
We are especially interested in the following types of business partners:

1. Large mining operation owners who can also do massive PCB production of their own.
3. Resellers with various channels and abundant liquidity in cash or Bitcoins.

Contact
Please PM to (friedcat) on bitcointalk, or mail to (cat@bitquan.com)/(fnnirvana@gmail.com) for future partnership discussions. Please do not use them for information inquiry, because all info about chips will be published here.

Great news!

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

Wattage is impresive indeed. But it's still 5W to dissipate from small 8x8 mm package. At least make it flip chip that most of heat can go thru top not bottom and PCB that is poor heat conductor.

Afaik with flipchip there's still the majority of heat going through the PCB...
sharedminers

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:28:14 PM

Very impressive indeed. Looking forward to get some more mining power
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:00:28 PM

I'm already prepping myself to be disappointed with the initial pricing on anything that comes out of this.. haha

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:15:09 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 05:26:35 PM by pierrejo

I'm already prepping myself to be disappointed with the initial pricing on anything that comes out of this.. haha
It is still in the air - I hope the price hits home. They seemed to have managed a good pricing scale for their past products.
*edit* one can get a 200GH miner from antminer now for around 1.8btc (1600$). Assuming 40% price decrease a month (avg diff incr. of 30%) that brings it between (560 and 900) for March, That is for a fully assembled machine, save for power supply -  while the same hash through ASICminer would cost around 200$ in chips only....
ASICMiner is listing price for chips only, I wonder what the cost per GH would be for actual miners.
(But it was assumed that they would go into the chip business rather than miner hardware resale)
alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:16:47 PM

I is time to buy shares? Stock exchange same as cex.io will be presented?

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
pembo210

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:22:47 PM

Grin
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:23:00 PM

you can buy direct shares at www.havelockinvestments.com
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

Direct shares? Is this new? O_O

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
utens

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:29:38 PM

Very Nice, so you are saying that Asicminer will focus on selling chips.
But also Asicminer could make some full miners just to keep in yours mining facilities?
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:32:10 PM

Direct shares? Is this new? O_O

this is not new !! I don't know where is your confusion ? you asked where to buy shares, and I told you where can you get them, otherwise this is not a new IPO, ASICMINER exist for a couple of years now, and proved to be the best business around bitcoin economy...

basically when you buy a share you will be entitled to a weekly dividend that they pay for every outstanding shares from the mining and hardware sale income, you can also trade the shares and speculate on their prices, the price has already jumped 15-18 % since the announcement...
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

Alright, let me be a little more blunt, shares on havelock aren't direct, though they can be converted to such.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:33:34 PM

Very Nice, so you are saying that Asicminer will focus on selling chips.
But also Asicminer could make some full miners just to keep in yours mining facilities?

this is what I've understood yes, really huge news, I have a feeling that AM will change the future of mining if they achieve what they aimed for..
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:34:36 PM

Alright, let me be a little more blunt, shares on havelock aren't direct, though they can be converted to such.

well theoretically they are not but technically they are Wink

from havelockinvestments

This is asset is being offered to provide a convenient venue for investors to buy and sell full shares of Bitfountain’s ASICMINER virtual profit-shares.

Shares
Each 1 share of AM1 represents 1 "direct share"of ASICMINER maintained and verified by either Friedcat or any exchange ASICMINER is traded on, and has rights to all of the dividends of a whole ASICMINER share.

Dividends
Each AM1 share has the right to 100% of its respective dividends. There are no asset management fees for AM1 shares. The amount of the dividend is defined as the same amount distributed by ASICMINER to the shares held by the issuer for this asset. Dividends will be paid within 48 hours or less of confirmed payments from ASICMINER.

Voting Rights
ASICMINER does not convey voting rights to its shareholders, and thus, no voting rights can be passed on for this asset.
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:42:28 PM

Wattage is impresive indeed. But it's still 5W to dissipate from small 8x8 mm package. At least make it flip chip that most of heat can go thru top not bottom and PCB that is poor heat conductor.

EDIT: And please consider possibility of selling small batches of sample chips, like 10 chips.

QFN often has thermal pads on the underside. Connect these with enough vias to an underside copper pour without silkscreen and you've got an effective radiator. Stick a fan over that radiator and you'll suck even more heat away.

That's what I do with my QFNs, but I'm not sure about 5W dissipation. Anyone want to crunch the numbers?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: