Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ASICMiner Publicly Looking for Potential Customers/Partners for New Chips  (Read 54973 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:01:14 PM

So according to you

15,000 ipo shares at 0.1 per = 7500btc?

And 7gh> 12gh?

Is this not spreading misinformation?

ROCKMINER IPO

Share Structure:
Total: 75,000 shares
Public Offering: 15,000 shares
IPO Price: 0.1BTC~0.15BTC/share (Favorable Price for the 1st week: 0.10BTC/share)

go buy a calculator.  Cheesy

Please reread what you've quoted.

You cannot be seriously stating that the remaining 60,000 shares have ZERO value?
we are talking about IPO value are we not..? I've reread it and unless you have some sensible reason to ZERO-value 60,000 shares in an IPO then you need to simply accept the overall value, as I have stated in the first instance, was indeed 7500BTC - please advise the VC's or company bigwigs that their remaining 60,000 shares are totally worthless, because I wouldn't dare to think it (but of course, you may be right, who am I to argue?)

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

So according to you

And 7gh> 12gh?

ROCKMINER IPO

Share Structure:
IPO Price: 0.1BTC~0.15BTC/share (Favorable Price for the 1st week: 0.10BTC/share)

go buy a calculator.  Cheesy

You cannot be seriously stating that the remaining 60,000 shares have ZERO value?
we are talking about IPO value are we not..? I've reread it and unless you have some sensible reason to ZERO-value 60,000 shares in an IPO then you need to simply accept the overall value, as I have stated in the first instance, was indeed 7500BTC - please advise the VC's or company bigwigs that their remaining 60,000 shares are totally worthless, because I wouldn't dare to think it (but of course, you may be right, who am I to argue?)

You are confusing total shares with IPO shares.
raskul

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

So according to you

And 7gh> 12gh?

ROCKMINER IPO

Share Structure:

go buy a calculator.  Cheesy

You have mistaken total shares with IPO.

wrong, I have valued remaining shares at the same value of the IPO shares, you have simply ZERO-valued them.
I seriously hope that you do not run a business.

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:08:34 PM

Are we comparing power consumption at chip level or system level? You see to mix things up. Please show me proof where AM chips need 0.55W/GH. I haven't see it until now even if they have chips for almost one month now. Very nice derailing, stating that there is no chip that has that w/GH then saying that Spondoolies chip is half GH per chip but no mention of power consumption. Very smooth, but also very noticeably. Spondoolies chip is 0.8W/GH at system level and also 0.58W/Gh at chip level. And they are hashing since March. I don't see any AM chip in the wild hashing right now.

Check the specs from rockminers testing. They have hashing samples in hand.

To be clear about the specs

SP = 4w/7gh = 0.58w/gh
AM = 6.37w/11.5gh = 0.55w/gh

the difference in system performance between ones that utilise 0.58w/gh asics and those for 0.55w/gh aren't significant, and the final system power consumption 'at the wall' will also depend on other factors like how efficient the power supply used, the cooling system, the dc/dc conversion circuitry, the controller etc... so they're pretty much equal at the asic level and may well be equal at the wall too (except spondoolies is already shipping).. and we know that spondoolies has done the rest system design efficiently, and we don't yet know who the system integrators for asicminer's asics will be nor how efficient their systems will be 'at the wall', but lets presume they're about the same.
jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:11:27 PM

Are we comparing power consumption at chip level or system level? You see to mix things up. Please show me proof where AM chips need 0.55W/GH. I haven't see it until now even if they have chips for almost one month now. Very nice derailing, stating that there is no chip that has that w/GH then saying that Spondoolies chip is half GH per chip but no mention of power consumption. Very smooth, but also very noticeably. Spondoolies chip is 0.8W/GH at system level and also 0.58W/Gh at chip level. And they are hashing since March. I don't see any AM chip in the wild hashing right now.

SP = 4w/7gh = 0.58w/gh

the difference in system performance between ones that utilise 0.58w/gh asics and those for 0.55w/gh aren't significant, and the final system power consumption 'at the wall' will also depend on other factors like how efficient the power supply used, the cooling system, the dc/dc conversion circuitry, the controller etc... so they're pretty much equal at the asic level and may well be equal at the wall too (except spondoolies is already shipping).. and we know that spondoolies has done the rest system design efficiently, and we don't yet know who the system integrators for asicminer's asics will be nor how efficient their systems will be 'at the wall', but lets presume they're about the same.

Agreed. The main difference will probably be the production cost/gh. Either way these are competative chips.
jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

wrong, I have valued remaining shares at the same value of the IPO shares, you have simply ZERO-valued them.

and the IPO for rockminer was set out to raise around 7600BTC

Do you talk shit just for the sake of talking shit?
raskul

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

I'll spell it out for you; why a company does an Initial Public Offering;

The purpose of an Initial Public Offering is to raise funds and to set the value of all shares.
Public shares are given a value, relative to the full amount of shares available, and the desired overall value sought by the company.
'Private' shares may be shares held by the company, or offered to VC's, or other investors at the value relative to the share value within the IPO.
In this, these shares are part of the IPO (in actual fact, in this case, the most part)
Overall value is calculated by public shares + private shares. Both types of shares are still valid in that 'Initial Public Offering.'

I reiterate - the IPO for rockminer was set out to raise around 7600BTC 7500BTC

what part of this sentence do you find difficulty in understanding? and please, refrain from personal attacks in future.

jimmothy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

The purpose of an Initial Public Offering is to raise funds and to set the value of all shares.
Public shares are given a value, relative to the full amount of shares available, and the desired overall value sought by the company.
'Private' shares may be shares held by the company, or offered to VC's, or other investors at the value relative to the share value within the IPO.
In this, these shares are part of the IPO (in actual fact, in this case, the most part)
Overall value is calculated by public shares + private shares. Both types of shares are still valid in that 'Initial Public Offering.'

what part of this sentence do you find difficulty in understanding? and please, refrain from personal attacks in future.

Do you disagree that raised value =/= total company value?
raskul

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:45:20 PM

Do you disagree that raised value =/= total company value?

'Overall value' in this case is for a product, not the company. The rockminer thread makes this quite clear (as I read it). For example, say Spondoolies do an Initial Public Offering based on their own Gen3 chip, then people buying into that IPO would be buying shares in the production of the Spondoolies-Tech Gen3 chip, not the overall company. I hope that this helps how you understand the purpose of an IPO.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

SP = 4w/7gh = 0.58w/gh

Thank you. After bitfair prove all by himself that i was right with my statements now you are the second one to do the same. AM's gen3 chips have nothing special when comparing with SP-Tech SP10 chips when it comes to power consumption. We still don't know what price they will have and we still don't have measurements for a full system. So what's so important about them? The density? You are only talking about chip density since we don't have any full system available yet. Let's see if they can pack 1.4TH/s in a 1.25U box. Even if they do it they will be a couple of months later to the game.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:16:34 AM

What if:

1. Netgear / Cisco / DLink / Zyxel / TPLink/ Asus / Belkin / a bunch of router / switch manufacturers imbed a chip in their hardware, and lower the price of their products, so more people buy them. Most people leave their routers on, all the time.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:00:42 AM

What if:

1. Netgear / Cisco / DLink / Zyxel / TPLink/ Asus / Belkin / a bunch of router / switch manufacturers imbed a chip in their hardware, and lower the price of their products, so more people buy them. Most people leave their routers on, all the time.
This will be the norm in the future.  Anything that has an internet connection and power will have a swappable card that has a Bitcoin ASIC on it.  Btw, that appliance/hardware may be close to "free" if you let the manufacturer mine.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

What if:

This will be the norm in the future.  Anything that has an internet connection and power will have a swappable card that has a Bitcoin ASIC on it.  Btw, that appliance/hardware may be close to "free" if you let the manufacturer mine.

They just better make sure that no one hacks the hardware to mine to a different pool or a different address. Happens all the time with console boxes (Sony Playstation, Microsoft X-Box, etc.).

I'm in for a free router. Why not? As long as it's still 10 watts or something.

antirack

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:11:44 AM

Don't most people get their routers from the ISPs (most as in the majority of all people that use internet, not the majority of geeky people)
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:18:37 AM

What if:

This will be the norm in the future.  Anything that has an internet connection and power will have a swappable card that has a Bitcoin ASIC on it.  Btw, that appliance/hardware may be close to "free" if you let the manufacturer mine.

They just better make sure that no one hacks the hardware to mine to a different pool or a different address. Happens all the time with console boxes (Sony Playstation, Microsoft X-Box, etc.).

I'm in for a free router. Why not? As long as it's still 10 watts or something.

I often make a joke to my wife about my cooker mining bitcoins... once you switch off the oven, the oven fan continues to run to dispel the excess heat, it sounds like a little mining rig... but in fact, it's not too far from possible, stick in a wireless transmitter, embed the f/w and there you have it, roast beef and bitcoins.  Cheesy

necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:54:59 PM

I often make a joke to my wife about my cooker mining bitcoins... once you switch off the oven, the oven fan continues to run to dispel the excess heat, it sounds like a little mining rig... but in fact, it's not too far from possible, stick in a wireless transmitter, embed the f/w and there you have it, roast beef and bitcoins.  Cheesy

Miners should come with a Teflon top so they're dual purpose. Grin They kept my basement fireplace from coming all winter. Have to find something useful for them to do with the heat in summer. If I can figure out a way for them to heat the pool I've got it covered for all seasons.
willBTC

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:52:30 PM

how many guys here have received the first batch of AM 3rd generation chips ? It seems so quite here and  just feel nothing happened still...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERTUBE
         The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far              Discover now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:00:59 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 08:19:06 AM by hdbuck

how many guys here have received the first batch of AM 3rd generation chips ? It seems so quite here and  just feel nothing happened still...

yea i believe there was some sort of non disclosure agreement between FC and buyers so that until they launch their products, no one has a clue on FC's order book depth and sales.. but bear in mind that batch 1, 2 & 3 combined are supposedly > 10 Million chips.  Shocked  Cheesy
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:07:44 AM

Keep in mind that those numbers where agreed on following the original chip specs.

However, currently delivered chips get a maximum of around 0,8W/GH in completed devices, so the actual order amount could be considerably lower, as the chips are way off-spec.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:09:30 AM

Keep in mind that those numbers where agreed on following the original chip specs.

However, currently delivered chips get a maximum of around 0,8W/GH in completed devices, so the actual order amount could be considerably lower, as the chips are way off-spec.

I don't think any chips were sold before AM had them in hand and tested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: