Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should you dump or not dump after ICO ends?  (Read 488 times)
sh4dowcrypto250 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

This is a broad and interesting topic in which people's choices are divided.

But what really is the correct choice?

For me , the answer is YES . There are a lot of tokens out there that dumps hard after the first exchange because most people are scared that the price would go down after. A lot of tokens also disappear ICO which results from whale investors to quickly dump it after ICO and observe the trend of the token and the activities of its developers. If you are a plankton like me, the best thing you should do in my opinion is to dump after ICO and buy at the dip and sell later at a higher price, most tokens have this kind of trend after ICO.

Let us also hear about your thoughts. To dump or not to dump after ICO ends?
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:07:56 PM

It really depends on the ICO that you have taken part into. There was a time when ICO's used to give 4x or even 40x(look at eth, zil, neo, icx) in a very few cases. But things have changed now. Even ICO's which have great partnerships(like unibright which is partnered with microsoft) have dumped after going to exchanges.

limtjoehua

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:15:14 PM

maybe you are right and we can make a profit from the way you say. but sometimes the market moves upside down and when we buy at low or cheap prices, after that the token does not move up and keep falling, we are stuck and what should we do?

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
sh4dowcrypto250 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:23:21 PM

@coingrow

Agreed. Times like today, in which many people like to scam us. People tend not go to new ICOs because of the times now that many ICOs are a fraud. It is so hard for tokens now to go to heights like x4, x10, x40 quickly. In the near past, people are finding ICOs instead of old tokens because of the high rates of return, but unfortunately, people now tend to choose the old tokens rather than the new ones. Companies that scammed us around this time of year ruined the reputation of ICOs which hinders whales and the sort to invest in new tokens.

@limtjoeha

yes and that is why you need to learn trading. a good trader should always have a stop-loss order in-order not to get burned
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:29:46 PM

This depends on what your financial goals are and what the value of your portfolio is.

For those who have a portfolio with low value and not that much assets (like in the thousands of dollars spread out over a couple coins) I would definitely recommend doing a quick dump.
If you haven't managed to build your portfolio up to be worth more than at least 2 btc, than your #1 priority should not be profits, but to build up the value of your portfolio and increase the amount of trading power you have.
Quick flips with icos are a great way to do this. as you can reinvest that right back in to another one.

If you have substantial amounts of assets, than the long term game would be much more beneficial.
Of course, you would have to do your due dilligence to find a worth company.
But the idea is to get maximum long term value, so you would jump in during presale periods (where there are huge bonuses but also high requirements in how much to invest), sell of enough to make your money back, then buy back in and hold long term.

BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:32:08 PM

Sometime I don't think they sold because they scare of price dumping Smiley. You should know that investor will only sell all token they got from ICO project cause they know about the project and they can predict the highest price these tokens can reach to so they just sell it and wait to buy them back at lower price but it's only happen when it's a good project, if it's not they'll sell and never buying back Smiley

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
bunny0612

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:35:58 PM

If you have profit you can dump it. But if not so you should hold. Invest isn't buy high sell low, recently many ICO get below ICO price. If it have potential, invest when below ICO price is wisely.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:37:54 PM

For me , the answer is YES . There are a lot of tokens out there that dumps hard after the first exchange because most people are scared that the price would go down after. A lot of tokens also disappear ICO which results from whale investors to quickly dump it after ICO and observe the trend of the token and the activities of its developers. If you are a plankton like me, the best thing you should do in my opinion is to dump after ICO and buy at the dip and sell later at a higher price, most tokens have this kind of trend after ICO.

I think it depends on the project, some ICO have increase in prize after listing to a good exchange.
But majority of the ico now is dump and the prize is even lower than the ico prize after listing I think the reason is the
bounty hunters so many of them is dumpers, But bounty allocation is just a small portion of the total supply.
After the dump I think it will recover if the project is legit.
carcas

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:38:01 PM

The cause of the dump price is too much airdrop or bounty given to the buyer during the sale of the token. if there is a bounty gift regulation in lock for 30 days it is likely the price will be good and dev party should actively seek new market.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:41:20 PM

Literally, i believe its best to hodl for a little while depending on the project movement and roadmap.
After ico some project dumps immediately and never rise back up, meanwhile; some projects need to be held for few weeks/ months before final mooning takes place.

So in a summary sense, its best to HODL, and it is also best to DUMP.
Individually, it depends on the intelligence of the individual to determine the best moment to sell or hodl.
Jashhh

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:43:12 PM

The sole reason for investing in an ico is because you think it will go sky high. If you sell it for a small profit you are wasting your time. You could rather work an extra hour a week at your regular job instead of spent that time on ico's if you would do it like this.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:50:36 PM

I agree, it's a common thing when a coin finishes ICO, and goes in for an exchange
investors are late buying tokens at ICO and have large capital. surely they will do dump
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:50:51 PM

To dump or not to dump after ICO ends?
The answer to the question will be determined by the type of ICO it is,  some of the ICO recently don't really worth the stress because it dumps moment after ICO selling far below ICO price and some never recover but some ICO are fully developed and it'll be a big loss to dump such coins because after little time it soar high in price
sctnygli

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:54:17 PM

My point of view is to continue to hold a period of time after the end of ICO, and some good projects can get a huge increase after a short time into the exchange.
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:04:23 PM

I think this depends on the ICO project. I personally do not hurry with the decisions about it. There are projects that even after the dumps after the first exchange raise their price.  Huh

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:05:33 PM

I think everything depends on people and opportunities. Personally, if I see that the profit is good then I sell and I do not regret it. Since there are a lot of coins and much to invest in

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:07:52 PM

An ICO project need time to grow, I will usually hold the coin instead of dumping after ICO. I don’t think the project has already reach its max potential straight after ICO.
Sier86

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

X-Block.io

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:11:20 PM

If you want to dump, why the hell you participate at all? Why spedning yout time and taking others places to dump project? I dont understand people like you. I particiapate only in ICO on want to hodl ,at least 50% of tokens. I have rigth now for holdling NKN,Iotex,Fusion,Yggdrash,Egretia, will buy some Usechain , and i didnt dumped them ,sold some at good rates for taking my investments back and holding

X-Block.io
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:11:27 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 05:21:56 PM by PsylockReborn

I concur with you on that matter. That should be the best thing to do but if you do believe in the technology of the coin then hold it for a few months or even years and the profit will be overwhelming given that the coin is promising and that it can fully deliver its purpose why it is made in the first place. There's nothing wrong in playing safe by selling it after an ICO but this will hurt the coin that you invested in and the possibility of getting more profit in the future will be at stake as well.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

If I really got my coins from ICOs then I would dump them all since prices dump slowly after the launch of that particular coin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: