Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4044 times)
Ludji

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:26:55 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

They can, but that doesen't mean they will get hacked. It takes a lot of work to hack anything and unless your worthwhile tnobody will bother. Nonetheless, it's important not to share private keys or even keep them on the computer. The best thing of course is getting a cold wallet and keeping your crypto there. Cheers!

Looking for Reddit accounts? Well look no further, HIGH-QUALITY REDDIT ACCOUNTS FOR SALE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4960485.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:30:06 PM

It is the one reason why bitcoin is not yet fully released on every country. We know how important our money, if we have been hacked, we cant get back easily our own money. It is one reason for bitcoin to be fully utilized. Bitcoin needs more security for we can consider bitcoin as primarily money or virtual money for us

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

It can be hacked if you give your important thing like password or private key. You know scammers do all the things just to get our valuable things and they can manipulate our minds to provide all that they want.
I think everything on online can be hacked so that you should be careful to your wallet. If you want to protect your wallet from hackers you must keep your password and private key in a safe place where no one can find it. Furthermore, do no share your password to anybody and do not easily trust people.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:10:56 PM

Not long ago, I got some message that I can get 3Eth if I fill a form provided. Being eager to get money, I filled fast and mistakenly added my private key. You can never believe that within two minutes, my account was empty. They have transferred all my Ethereum and other tokens I have. One can be hacked seriously so we got to be careful how we go about some messages.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:13:20 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

YES, everything on the internet can be hack, especially if you will share your information.
if you will not keep it private and secret and you will not be careful about your moves.
don't download any malicious files too if you want to be safe.
cryptokia

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:45:53 PM

I think they cannot, but there is always a chance to share your private key somewhere, or to give a chance to hackers some other way to own your wallet, lol.
petyang12

Activity: 352

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:31:56 PM
Merited by nakamura12 (1)

It is possible that your  wallet may be hacked by hackers. First, they can fool (but if you already know about phishing site then there's no problem about that as there is a way to prevent getting hacked) you with their phishing site (fake site) that will lead you to upload your keystore file, input your password or passphrase, private key with your wallet address. If you want to know how to prevent getting hacked i can share some info.

>>> BOOKMARKED THE TRUSTED SITE.
>>> USE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE FOR SUSPICIOUS FILES/PROGRAMS.
>>> SAVE YOUR  KEYSTORE/JSON FILE IN A FLASH DRIVE/ANOTHER DEVICE WITHOUT INTERNET.
>>> CHECK THE SITE IF IT'S SECURED TO USE.
>>> USE OFFLINE WEB WALLET (IF YOU USE ONE LIKE MYETHERWALLET).
>>> WRITE YOUR PRIVATE KEY ON THE PAPER AND KEEP IT SAFE.
>>> YOU MAY ENCRYPT AND SET PASSWORD TO THE ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY.
>>> DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATR KEY TO ANYONE.
>>> DO NOT SHARE THE PASSWORD OF YOUR KEYSTORE/JSON FILE.

HOPE it helps.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
basty03

Activity: 304

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:38:14 PM

It depends on the situation sometimes people got wrong give a password to others and some of way to hack your crypto wallet when you enter to some phishing site. Thats why we need to be careful to our transactions.
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:52:53 PM

When it in terms of online and we are taking about money it will possible and it possible that they can hack you wallet we know right know many of who want to have a many money even illegal they do like hacking so i proposed and i suggest to use a wallet that was offline because they didn't connect or didn't hack if it is offline not like in online wallet.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:12:45 PM

It depends, if you have set all required secured options activated then yes your wallets are in safe place. If not there are chances hackers get into your wallets. So lets not blame the wallet providers, lets keep secured options activated as given in their instructions. Activate google 2FA authentications, set PIN and etc. This would be enough to protect your wallet.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
icoprofits

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:43:14 PM

The main reason of crypto fear people hacking in online wallet and exchanges are they are highly vulnerable for hacking it is safe to hodl these coins in hardware wallet there onwards
Kawasakinamoto

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:45:26 PM

Yes of course, there is a big possibilities that cryptocurrency wallet can be hacked. There is no safety in the world of internet. Anything can be hacked. Hackers are trained how to do that, even the small details about you to access what they want to access. So be very careful in giving your personal data or information. It is better to be safe than sorry. You can buy external wallet ledger to put all your coins there. If the system is down, you can still access your wallet and it is very safe to use.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:06:35 AM

nothing is safe 100% and we know that. cryptocurrency wallet can be hacked although I don't' know how to hack the wallet, I think people which have a high-skill programming can do that. but as long as we can keep our wallet safe, then we don't have to be afraid to be hacked especially if we never tell other people about what coin that we have. it is better to keep silence and never give any info about our wallet because it will be safer for that wallet.
I completely agree with you. There're so many flaws in random QT and web based wallets that it's impossible to say that they are 100% secure. Most of the crypto hackers/exploters nowadays are highly-skilled programmers who know how to build the wallet from scratch and of course can find exploits with ease. It's not like opening the wallet, messing up with the settings and finding an exploit. Everything is in the code and if you know how this code works you'll know all the flaws for sure. It's good stuff that there are lots of white-hat hackers nowadays, willing to show the exploits in public and how to avoid them, but let's not forget that the dark side never sleeps as well Cheesy Be careful people!
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:09:55 AM

Yes certainly. We often heard about news that even military facilities and other secured networks are hacked. So I would say it is very much possible. Don't just open your wallets anywhere ans secure your private keys.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

Any wallet can be hacked. First be aware of the url you supposed to use. Always be cautious that the site opens in a secured mode which is ':https//'. If you get into settings given for keeping the system secured. I have an experience in loosing around just $50. The issue was spelling mistake in the URL i typed. i just had my the wallet opened for just 10 minutes. I then noticed around $50 of bitcoin was hacked. Could not do anything. From then on i am aware of url entry and secured options checked twice.

Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:43:09 AM

Hackers are everywhere, and since wallets are digital then it can be easily hacked for hacjers are wise an intelligent, they will do everything to hack wallets because thwy know that coins are valuable. And how much more if you give or accidentally sent to someone your private keys. There is no way to retrieve those hacked wallets.
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:48:28 AM

As far as I know, not yet. Because of the blockchain mechanism, it takes a lot of power to launch an attack, but it is often difficult to achieve. However, it has indeed occurred that personal wallets were hacked and lost private keys.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:37:00 PM

Well it could be possible because these wallets are just being made and it could be decrypted for those who are familiar with the technicalities of digital wallet. Even the  most reliable digital wallet could be hack but there are only few people could do it and there is no way for us to get into it as an average individual who only know how to operate computer then it could be hard to hack digital wallet.
It is hard to do so but not impossible. Believe me this would become so easy if you are allowing them to get your password so easily. Look there are some best practices that must be followed to make everything good and secure related to your account and bitcoin. But what if they are vulnerable and easy to attack? Then you must equip yourself with more secure and safe practices.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:07:28 PM

It can be hacked if mistakenly given out to the wrong persons. Some people might call your attention to It and some will just use it as an opportunity to get into your account and ripp off your coins or tokens. It happened to a friend of mine, his account was hacked and the person that hacked into it continued to remove every coin paid into it. He had no choice but to open another account.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:53:04 PM

In internet world everything can be happen and you can not secure yourself 100 percentage. Every day a better technology is getting out and hackers increase every day.
For that you have to use the strongest password and safe your .dat file even from yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: