Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4048 times)
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:13:53 PM

If anyone think his or her wallet can not be hacked let him expose his private key,but be warned never to try that,even though i have not personally experienced it people around me have, technology which has its good and bad side has made it possible for wallets to be hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:35:57 PM

The fear of Hackers is the beginning of wisdom, With carelessness your wallets can be hacked, you are your own security in the crytocurrency space, ensure you do not input your private keys on a site you do not trust,ascertain the genuity of every exchange platform before sending or inputing you private keys, delete mails that request you login your details as your laptop can be hacked through phisting mails.
theblack_cat

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:43:15 PM

Can happen if you are careless or may forget to open your wallet link.
Suppose you have the number 0 then you write the letter O it could be a gap for hackers to break into your wallet.
Stay cautious with your assets because in the Maya world a lot of evil .

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:52:51 PM

Any wallet is vulnerable to hacks, because there are several angles of attack. A hacker might not even have to exploit the

wallet software or code. They can use the "Man in the Middle" attack strategy where they intercept the data before it is

send to the wallet or they can use a Phishing strategy where they re-direct you to their fake site or wallet software. They can

even install Malware on your computer to capture all the data that you enter to re-use it on another computer. They can steal

your seed when you create the wallet or grab your private key, when you use the wrong method to create Paper wallets for

cold storage.  Roll Eyes

Hacker is looking into the safety net implored by individual on crypto currency wallet. Any loss end which is available and free for them will always be maximized just to log in into your wallet, they are creative, and sophisticated to go around the  crypto market patiently waiting for an opportunity to cash out your entire saving/ earning/profits on your crypto currency wallet. So, be careful never in trust your personal details and specially your wallet password.
kenlyresuello08

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:11:38 PM

Technologies on earth still developing and we all there are many good IT in the world, so there are big possibilities that wallet can be hacked.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:14:34 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
All these wallets are good ones and unless you are careless they are not hackable. Almost all of the hacks that happened in the past several years are simply because of some flaws from individuals and not because anyone could break these wallets.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:29:08 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Yes and no. I mean, yes It can be hacked but not in the sense that it can be accessed by brute force and breaching its security all in all. You can only get hacked in ways of phishing or by trusting someone whom you never should've trusted. In my understanding, this is the only way to hack your wallets: by hackers getting access to your private keys(regardless of the way they do it).

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:35:10 PM

Yes and no. I mean, yes It can be hacked but not in the sense that it can be accessed by brute force and breaching its security all in all. You can only get hacked in ways of phishing or by trusting someone whom you never should've trusted. In my understanding, this is the only way to hack your wallets: by hackers getting access to your private keys(regardless of the way they do it).

Yes I agree, hackers can only hack if they will be able to get our private keys, but if the system will be the subject - no, they cannot hack it. So we really need to be more careful with our private keys.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:38:12 PM

Sad to say but yes they can be hacked. I know friends of mine got hacked and we don't know the main reason. But maybe it is because of some infos of transactions leaking out and a hacker can hack anything with just a little bit of information so secure your wallets and as much as possible split your account so that you can split your bitcoins as well.

ace1105

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:53:13 PM

Sad to say but yes they can be hacked. I know friends of mine got hacked and we don't know the main reason. But maybe it is because of some infos of transactions leaking out and a hacker can hack anything with just a little bit of information so secure your wallets and as much as possible split your account so that you can split your bitcoins as well.

Really what online wallet or what platforms he used that time? I also believe that hacking is possible online and many experts hackers can do this. So we really need to be more careful with our wallet private keys.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:26:29 AM

Technology is man made, although they have very high security. But hacking is also human so your wallet can be hacked. You must store the information carefully to prevent theft from hackers. Be careful with fake websites and phishing emails.
estupido

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:54:15 AM

any purse in the world of crypto I think it can be hacked there are many ways that hackers do so we all have to be careful.do not let our personal wallet keys be easily accessible to others
minhquang3869

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:16:21 AM

Of course, if you give them your wallet password then that would obviously happen, everything online is very risky.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:18:21 AM

Its a big YES. All kinds of crypto wallets can be hacked. One way to hack your wallet is to get your information through phishing sites so we muat carefully check the address of the website we are entering. If not, once we input our passwords or private keys, they can get it. Wallets are not the only thing that can be hacked. BCT account, exchangers like etherdelta, hitbtc  etc can also be a target of hackers

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:23:14 AM

It can be hacked if you give your important thing like password or private key. You know scammers do all the things just to get our valuable things and they can manipulate our minds to provide all that they want.
while private key is stored securely, I don't think anyone can hack our wallet.
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:26:08 AM

Crypto currencies can only be hacked if you share your private keys of your wallets. It is always better to store crypto coins on trezor wallets and USB wallets. Paper wallets are much as the private key can be printed and can be stored safely in the users hands so there is no Chance of hacking crypto coins from paper wallets. If you are not sure of electrum wallets or neon wallets then you can transfer crypto to your paper wallets or USB wallets.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
crpytonation

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:28:27 AM

Yes,cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked.There are many easy ways to intrude to your computer through malware/keyloggers can steal your wallet .It is safe to store your coins in cold wallets/Physical wallets
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:32:43 AM

Yup! Cwry much so. But then again it could always be tracked to user error. Practically, a wallet is secured and never be hacked by itself. But if say a user isn't careful with their logins, or browsing evem connecting to a public wifi is a big no no in monetary transactions. The lesson? Always be careful.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:45:21 AM

Yes indeed crypto currency wallets can be hacked. By then i can also say that almost everything in the web or in the internet can be hacked in this modern day. As i can remember, some of our government websites were been hacked. As we know if we say that it is a government website this must not be hacked because we see them has the most secured web site. With this kind of modern world which hackers are also has the modern skill almost nothing is impossible not to be hack especially if the system is depending on the website or its operation in thru internet like crypto currency wallets. 
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:48:51 AM

So long as human made it or designed, there is a way to break it. Especially wallets where there is human interaction to access it, there is a way to get into it. I mean there are viruses, keyloggers, phishing sites stuff likenthat to get information to actually get in your accounts. It's all about being very careful with your access.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: