Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth buying low-volume tokens?  (Read 5127 times)
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:15:00 AM

I think we should do more research because most of the time these tokens are worthless.
So it's like gambling, you're just betting on whether it's going to go up significantly in the future, it's like buying a lottery.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Liza Soberano

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:17:30 AM

I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?
Definitely risky yet profitable if you are with whales. However if you are not with them and youe holding is not huge, avoid low volume coin cause you will just end up holding forever or selling at lower price.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:20:32 AM

It is a big risk to buy a low-volume token as there is not a lot of people who are interested about the token. You can also make a lot of profits if some big players are also interested about this token. But you also have the risk that the token becomes worthless.
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:21:31 AM

Hi, usually when good project, low volume tokens are successful, i checked SMT and there is 3,141,592,653 SMT  so it is not low volume
lanalang

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

It can be atually, but only if you anticipate a growth, or if you know some indise information, otherwise is a just wasted investments
ckcharlie

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:26:49 AM

It's more risk to buy the low volume tokens as they can be much more volatile. prices can go up and down quickly and in large amounts so best to be sure of the token and it's long term value to reduce the risk in case you wind up sitting on a low price token. If you pick the good company then hopefully even if it sits low for some time it will eventually come back up. I wouldn't buy and trade a token purely based on the volume.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?

it depends on which token and how it ends up. With these tokens you might get some great profits but also you can lose the funds easier. It's all about the risk management.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:55:14 AM

I do not know, but the risk is very great if you buy a coin that has a small volume, you know it may be a slow movement transaction and coin removed from the exchanger, maybe my opinion is wrong but I recommend to be careful.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:57:55 AM

Depending on the the quality of developers and community members that are working and supporting such coin! Price and volume are nothing in cryptocurrency market because with positive sentimet and FOMO, tha coukd change in an instant! It is always a good practise to follow quality project or buy quality coin!
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

Well it is a good idea to purchase tokens that only low volume of market supply because the market price will surely grows higher when percentage of all transactions are more on buying. But it needs also a good timing and strategy to avoid capital losses.
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:10:58 AM

Yes it is true that buying a token with a small volume is beneficial but also very risky, because usually i see that it's used to pump and dump. and after that is being a shit coin.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:11:03 AM

It depends on the token you are buying. If you feel the devs have a lot going for it and are pretty active, if there is a working product and the token unfortunately got listed in the market during a downtrend, or if you believe in the project long term, then you can buy such low volume tokens. You would be surprise at how development can spring them up from low volume to high volume and they are pretty much fast at increasing in value faster. Like I said though, you will still need to be careful so you do not end up bag holding shit tokens as it is not everything that is worth buying in the market.
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:17:24 AM

I hate to point this out---but some of low-volume tokens or coins are just(or most likely) a pump-and-dump.

But don't get me wrong. That's just my own opinion.
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

Well, it completely depends on your luck. It is quite risky to invest on them. But, if you get lucky, you will get many advantages.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

I think that it is one of the worst things that you can do, at the end, you are going to end up buying shitcoins who has not even $100k of daily volume )and it can be dumped at any time)
It is actually worth it, but in any case, it is only going to be worth it if you are not just investing in a token because it has low volume, but simply because it is a project that has a product that is worth gambling on. The idea of not ending up with shitcoin comes with what I mentioned above. Nevertheless, it is a lot risky as like you said, this can result into bag holding of shit coins, since in most cases, will be hard to see coins or tokens with prospect having a hugely low volume.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:36:37 PM

Low volume doesn’t mean the project is worthless. Most importantly, you have to look at the project itself to determine whether it is worth investing in. Newer project does not start with huge trading volume, we might get a gold mine if we invest in the right one.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

Low volume coin are high risk high reward investments just digg more about the team and the utility of the token good luck with your investment Smiley
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:27:33 PM

I will certainly discourage you to do these. This may come out good but chances are too low. It is really risky to buy this coin. Rather it is safe to buy coins like Eth, Ripple,Bitcoin etc which has a more secured future.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:31:11 PM

I suggest not to buy low volume token/coin . No one know if the coin/token will really pump so its risky . Your lucky if one of the low volume coin that you boughy pump by the whales but what if not? You will lose big with that mostly becuase its looks like a dead coin for investors thats why no one is interested to buy.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

Definitely risky yet profitable if you are with whales. However if you are not with them and youe holding is not huge, avoid low volume coin cause you will just end up holding forever or selling at lower price.
Well, as far as I am concerned, low volume coins is what you would really want to be out of because you may just be bag holding and even if anything happens, you may actually find it pretty hard to get out from it as the case may be. Most low volume coins are easily manipulated and controlled by whales and in that case, it is always very important to stay clear and look for coins you can trust with high volume to at least be able to get out of a position when things aren't going right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: