Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth buying low-volume tokens?  (Read 5124 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:38:43 PM

I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?
Unless you know very well what you are doing it is not worth to buy tokens with a very low volume, I say this because those tokens are subject to very heavy manipulation precisely because their volume is so low, so people with some money are able to manipulate the market as they see fit, and that is not the kind of markets in which you want to invest because the chances that you are going to lose your money are even higher in those markets than in more established markets like bitcoin or ethereum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

It will still depend on the demand of that token, which is why some experienced traders and investors stay away from low volume altcoins as their demand is quite low and circulation in the market is also quite small. If you are just starting go for more established altcoins will angood volume probably within the top 100 is angood bet specially with the prices of crypto today.
i do agree, it all depends on the demand of a certain token. if the demand increased then the price will also increase. staying in a low demand altcoin might drop its price rapidly.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:56:17 PM

I noticed this phenomenon. Often someone buys up all the proposed tokens with a small amount of trading (for example, look at SMT on hitbtc this night), and after a few days these tokens go up in price very much. Is it worth buying such a token?
I'll give you a hint on what coins/tokens you should purchase. You just need to take these few considerations:

1. Undervalued currencies with low price.
2. Currencies with a considerably low market capitalization.
3. A reasonably low supply.

Figured out the KEYWORD here? You should have.

insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:16:53 PM

It depends on your strategy. I wouldn't buy such coins ,because of high risks, at the same time low cap coins just entered market can have lower volume rather than popular coins and stay potential at the same time!

Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:18:39 PM

Low volume tokens are frequently trap for traders, because they are easy to manipulate with price, pump and dump with small amounts of money. So if the project is good then go for it, but if you dont know much about coin and hear some shill about it, wait and do some research before you put your money on the line!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:23:44 PM

Low volume is good cause when you have it, you will dominate their service because the access or the token is limited. So it's good to have them if there's opportunity but it's not about the volume it self. Just focus the development and the activeness of the project, if they continue to develop that specific token. Cause even if that has a low volume but the project is already dead or stagnant, it still useless and consider as a "shitcoin". Do yo want some example a good token with a high volume ( circulation supply ) , simply look at XRP.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:10:06 AM

Do you means low volume in the market trading activity ? Low volume in the market means that coin doesn't have high liquidity enough to sell.
Although it is not recommended to buy a low liquidity coin, it still have a possibility to increase the liquidity by creating general awareness about the coin in the public.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
danivan7

Activity: 152

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:17:20 AM

u will take a very high risk, and about your friend, if he buy with good plan, read tech speech and know about those token
that a good trading, but if only buy low volume and get hi gain, is only lucky.

✭   KARATCOIN   ✭ (https://karatcoin.co/)
Join our ICO!
█ Straight to gold mines! █
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:27:38 AM

i would say some make a real good profit out of these technique.
but let me remind you that the market is very volatile.
nothing is assured and permanent.
the market could go high, but i think its better if you study for quite sometime
get some tips on trading threads around here.

and one more thing, i think as long as the token is listed on a good exchange
with a nice volume within the exchange. any token around that exchange could have a chance of getting pump
just my opinion.
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:40:51 AM

I think you should be careful if buying a coin that has a very low volume means that the coin has very few transactions created and that will make the coin movement become very slow and will take a very long time to be able to provide benefits. For advice, you should be able to buy coins that have a very high volume every day.
valter_dego

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:58:58 AM

These are risky investments, but they can bring big profits. To get a good income from such transactions is possible if project has a small amount of coins and little capitalization. Such project can grow by 10x in short time. But be careful, study coin carefully before investing in it. Project could be scam.
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

Why would you want to buy low volume token? You have already pointed it out that there is no reason to do so! In the case of token you cited as an example, that was a pump and dump move!

bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

there are only two possibilities that you can get if you buy coins at low prices and also small volumes
that is, flying up to 1000% monthly and going to hell up to 0 USD
Small volume coins are very risky to buy, if you are not prepared for risk, then never buy a small volume of coins
BartS

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:16:18 PM

Why would you want to buy low volume token? You have already pointed it out that there is no reason to do so! In the case of token you cited as an example, that was a pump and dump move!
People do this because they think that if they enter in a market with an higher level of volatility they're going to make a lot of money, but what they do not seem to understand is that if they do that the chances that they're going to lose their money are way higher as well, so it is better to concentrate yourself right now in coins with very high market caps, just look at Ripple is gaining more than 20% in just a day.
tekinekan98

Activity: 157
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:32:33 PM

This is a very dangerous investment, especially when the market is in a bad state. I remember that at the time of creation of this theme SMT cost about $1 per token, but now its price is about 40 cents. The conclusions are obvious.

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

https://cindx.io/
Allenz

Activity: 215

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:26:28 PM

There is nothing bad in this using this scheme, actually I think it can be really profitable, but choose a project you want to invest wisely.

chabapok

Activity: 122

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

If you're seeing  a future about that crypto coins, of course, you can buy it. volume is a very misleading thing. The volume can be up to 100 times in 1 day. the most important part of the project. accomplishments and achievements.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:59:49 PM

I like tokens with low volume because they are able to gain significant rise a short time compared to large volume tokens. I may be wrong but it's just my thinking.
BartS

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

This is a very dangerous investment, especially when the market is in a bad state. I remember that at the time of creation of this theme SMT cost about $1 per token, but now its price is about 40 cents. The conclusions are obvious.
It is very important that if you decide to invest in coins that are relatively new and that have not established themselves in the community but you decide that you are still going to invest in them then you need to use a very small amount of money, since you cannot invest a huge amount of your capital because even if you are able to predict the direction of the market, the coin is not going to have the liquidity to allow you to exit that trade without affecting negatively the price.
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:25:14 PM

I think that these coins are created for price manipulation. This has both advantages and disadvantages. If the time to buy them and not miss the moment when their price is at peak you can get more profit. But you need to understand that their cost can very quickly be replaced by falling. In this case, you will lose your investment. So trading coins with small volumes you are doing at your own risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: