Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feelings about being hacked.  (Read 491 times)
Mary Ofosuhene (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:20:15 AM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:43:51 AM

Yes this is a very bad felling of this thing when acount is hacked because in this time when other works market is very suffocated and there is no other option but in this field work is easy and earning of money is double compare of other field but feel so sad when any acount hack news is hear.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:51:25 AM

I was fooled once by phishing because I haven't had sleep yet. It's good that it got nothing in it. So we always need to prioritize security of our accounts.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

how can your wallet be hacked, while only you know the private key? is there anyone else who knows your private key or you share it publicly? you may also be exposed to phing attacks when you log into a site.

but I regret that we can not help you to regain your assets, stay patient and keep up the spirit in working.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:24:14 AM

That must be very sad, and also it can make a lesson for us. To be more careful in keeping the wallet.
I want to ask, where do you store tokens? have you ever provided a private key?
gela888gela

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:00:03 AM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.
A disappointing and sad occurrence. How can your wallet be hacked? Are you not careful and securing your personal wallet keys? I can only suggest you should be more careful and improve the security of your wallet, because hackers will always lurk in various ways.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:06:25 AM

It may seem hard to believe, but still, I wasn't ever hacked, I did got my money stolen by exchanges but never hacked.

Also, if you do everything right, it is impossible to get hacked, so on this matter, the reason of the hack and money lost is you not being cautious enough.

Sorry for your lose, I recommend you look at this incident as looking at an investment - you invested 1500$ in crypto coins security training.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:10:11 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 02:54:08 PM by Moiyah

(...)
A disappointing and sad occurrence. How can your wallet be hacked? Are you not careful and securing your personal wallet keys? I can only suggest you should be more careful and improve the security of your wallet, because hackers will always lurk in various ways.

And my question is, what wallet did you use? Haven't you noticed if you have entered such phising sites? Or have you ever opened an email pretending to be your wallet website's administrator or something? It must be very tragic since it was your first tokens from a bounty. With all your efforts been wasted, I remembered my experienced being scammed by a bounty manager here. It was also my first and it is also my miserable days when you figured out that you have been scammed. Well, this is to warn us to be more careful and more vigilant.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:12:19 AM

Since I never been hacked, but my wife's wallet has been hacked, but not all the token only those he / she think will have a great potential. We are very sad to happen and thinking how it happen my wife never expose her private key. A big question that we never know the answers. Right now she works hard again to recover her loss profits for our future.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:14:25 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 07:34:21 AM by xianbits

What have happened? Why were you hacked then? I'm sorry to hear your story. Fortunately, I was never been hacked but I think I know how it feels to be in your situation.
I'm just curious. What bounty project did you participate that has given you that much reward? It's pretty rare for me to know someone of your rank earning that much from a single bounty.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:19:41 AM

Which wallet did you used for storing your tokens? There is no one to blame here but yourself. As a holder of any cryptocurrency we are the one that should secure it. For the longest time that I've been here in this market. I never experienced that the cryptocurrency I hold got hacked or stolen because I always make sure that I will store it in a wallet and devices that I'm confident that is not infected by viruses or malware. If you are careless then surely it wont take long that your tokens will disappear.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:25:47 AM

so pity. it proves the importance of using hardware wallets. you can buy a trezor wallet or ledger nano for less than 100 usd. and all your tokens would be safe in this way. there are so many different type of trojans and viruses nowadays. and antivirus softwares are not capable to detect each of them. so any computer is not safe at all.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:44:03 AM

very sad but this can be a lesson for us all that do not just put a wallet address, do not just login login before login the correct web address to avoid phishing because hacking wallet it sounds impossible but indeed if it hacked may not yet sustenance you. still the spirit will someday be replaced with a larger one
seamukred

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:56:21 AM

Fortunately, I can not share my emotions, because with me this case was not. Usually a purse MyEtherWallet hacked when a user inadvertently enters a fake website. Save the wallet website to bookmarks, this will avoid possible problems in the future.
JaredStein

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:25:58 AM

I have never been hacked, I make sure that my wallets are properly secured, unless the site gets hacked which has not affected m yet but if someone hacked my wallet than I know that I would feel very bad about it, especially if they took the coins that I got from bounties which took me weeks of work to get. It would be a very sad experience, I hope I never go through it. I'm sorry you lost your coins.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

Analyze your actions recently. You must understand how this happened. If you don't understand the reason for the hacking then this may happen in the future. Where did you leave your private keys? What sites U registered? Do you use MetaMask?
Look at the wallets of other bounty members, do they have tokens in their purses or have they also disappeared? Was there any tricky contract used to enumerate the tokens?

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
CleverOracle

Activity: 549

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:04:01 AM

The OP probably victim of phishing sites or you wrongly input your private-key when you register on the campaign because some users input their private-key instead of Ethereum address. I have not experience any loss of token and hopefully never but some friends have been hacked before. just be careful on the link or site you visit to avoid hackers to have access on your personal info or your device that you are using.

skymberloh

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

Terrible thing. I recommend to buy a Ledger Nano S. at the moment - this is the most reliable protection. Well, in addition to always use Metamask for token transactions.

That's very sad. But It's a lesson learned also. One should always be extra careful in managing their private keys as a cryptocurrency holder because we know how hard and what are the effort being done to earn that value. It is very painful if hacking will happen.

Freezingel

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

Yeah it must feels so bad to lose something that cost quite a lot that's why i feel like security and awareness is the most important thing as crypto user so i buy nano ledger to improve the security for my crypto assets, it is just around $100 and it gives you improved security and you don't have to worry anymore about getting hacked as you have to confirm on your ledger if there is outgoing transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Oh that's very sad, I'm sad of what happens to you.
If I'm that person for sure it's a very miserable day, I will cry for sure. Actually it's a huge amount for me and it's hard to accept the mistakes that I've done. Just remember hackers is in everywhere and next time be careful on what will you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: