Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feelings about being hacked.  (Read 491 times)
bitbink

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:13:13 PM

I sincerely sympathize with you! The main thing is to understand how this could happen and take measures to prevent this from happening in the future. And even better-to transfer the available tokens to fiat money.
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:49:24 AM

Its no funny and gappy feeling at all. Remember to be always careful and ensure you are on the official sites when transacting. Be skeptic and do not ahare your private key to anyone else you will lose all your tokens in no time.
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:01:01 AM

Sad for those who experienced being hacked.  But I'm glad for myself that I was and never will be a victim of hacking. Hacking is a crime, but why someone likes to do it? because of the prize behind that doing. If you hacked an account for example like that wallet with $1500 worth of token then it's easy money than doing bounty and wait for couple of weeks to have it. Hacking is just a quick and easy simple thing for hacker. But the security of your wallet is in your hand. Make sure not to be a victim of different kind of hacking. Be careful in filling online forms and downloading files online. Hacker will do anything just to have what they want if they find it as income or a good target.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:04:46 AM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.

Security is very important.

I was hacked once through Teamviewer.  They were stupid though and I had a little bit of luck.  I have several PCs and laptops, and used to mine a lot.  I had Teamviewer installed on all my computers because I was lazy. I didn't want to run up and down stairs just to check my mining equipment, it was in my basement.  As a bonus I could monitor from work.  I was able to keep my personal laptop at my desk and open.  One day I noticed some activity on my laptop screen at work.  Someone had gained access to it through my Teamviewer account.  I could see a file transfer in progress.  They got a bitcoin wallet file, but luckily it was protected with a password.  I slammed the lid shut and called home and told my wife to unplug the router, don't ask questions do it now.  She did, thankfully.

In the end the hacker got nothing, but I still felt scared.  I changed my teamviewer password, uninstalled it from everything and now I don't even sign into anything on my machines that mine or hold my wallets.
abaidudez

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:05:49 AM

Sad for those who experienced being hacked.  But I'm glad for myself that I was and never will be a victim of hacking. Hacking is a crime, but why someone likes to do it? because of the prize behind that doing. If you hacked an account for example like that wallet with $1500 worth of token then it's easy money than doing bounty and wait for couple of weeks to have it. Hacking is just a quick and easy simple thing for hacker. But the security of your wallet is in your hand. Make sure not to be a victim of different kind of hacking. Be careful in filling online forms and downloading files online. Hacker will do anything just to have what they want if they find it as income or a good target.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
vorseb

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:07:40 AM

Maybe you doing something mistake which make you got hacked. Because hackers can not hack you without your fault. Learn what is your mistake and do not repeat it in the future.
abaidudez

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:39:40 AM

Sad for those who experienced being hacked.  But I'm glad for myself that I was and never will be a victim of hacking. Hacking is a crime, but why someone likes to do it? because of the prize behind that doing. If you hacked an account for example like that wallet with $1500 worth of token then it's easy money than doing bounty and wait for couple of weeks to have it. Hacking is just a quick and easy simple thing for hacker. But the security of your wallet is in your hand. Make sure not to be a victim of different kind of hacking. Be careful in filling online forms and downloading files online. Hacker will do anything just to have what they want if they find it as income or a good target.

agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:42:48 AM

what a pity sir, i have ever felt same with you, but honestly they hacked not my main wallet for bounty, but the secondary wallet i have used for airdrop.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:45:55 AM

I feel you and I feel sorry for your loss.I have been hacked before also and that was worth $3000 already.I feel like Im loosing my strength to continue crypto anymore.But after all I realize, it was just all my fault and carelessness that leads me to lose that amount.Now Im still got up and continue moving forward but more cautious though.
To the hacker compromising my MEW, may God have mercy on your soul.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
jf1981

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:48:36 AM

I did not experience it but I am sure it is very scary. Not only your money is lost but your time and effort as well. Hope that those hackers will be gone.
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:57:15 AM

It can either be that you have exposed your private key or you have logged in to a phishing website. Be careful of phishing websites.. usually the website that you'll log in to will provide a link, hinting that it should be similar to the link that you have just visited.. one particular example is MyEtherWallet. Mew often gives out a warning before you can even log in to your account.. you should always double check if the encoded words in the URL are similar to those that are provided by the legitimate website.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Vandemos

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:58:49 AM

I feel you and I feel sorry for your loss.I have been hacked before also and that was worth $3000 already.I feel like Im loosing my strength to continue crypto anymore.But after all I realize, it was just all my fault and carelessness that leads me to lose that amount.Now Im still got up and continue moving forward but more cautious though.
To the hacker compromising my MEW, may God have mercy on your soul.
we need to think people need to be aware of security, that number is huge, but I want to know how you are hacked, hacks do not just happen unless you do something ridiculous. Phishing links are common and I've seen people lose their funds because they're looking for free stuff.
jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:08:27 AM

i must confess the feelings of being hacked can never be expressed by someone who has never been hacked before i can guarantee you that, i thought it was just a bad feeling till i got to become a victim, i felt like i was entirely drained as they actually emptied all i got in my major account, words couldn't console me  but i thank God i finally held onto God and removed my mind from it and i was okay.
richardeames

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:20:29 AM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.

I feel sorry for you, hope you got better compensation in the future. I think we should have always be careful in online world and not to reveal any secrets that could be used against our will. Also always check web address name and security certificate when you want to visit sensitive websites such as MEW, paypal etc.
Raiden0729

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:22:40 AM

In your case, Security plays a big role. I bet it's MyEtherWallet that has been hacked, there are lots of issues in MyEtherWallet and we should be very careful when we are accessing it. I symphatize with you because I experienced it as well but in a different manner. I am holding a volume of CRC token and I decided to sell it for about 0.1 BTC, when my sell order has been filled the internal wallet restricted the withdrawal and after days of waiting the head developer decided to shutdown their website with my 0.1 BTC Undecided. That is the most frustrating and stressful situation that ever happened in my crypto life. Sad life.
Klovezio

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:36:07 AM

Terrible thing. I recommend to buy a Ledger Nano S. at the moment - this is the most reliable protection. Well, in addition to always use Metamask for token transactions.
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:28:18 AM

It's really a very bad feeling of this things, when your account is hacked because in this time when other works market is very suffocated      
lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:00:07 PM

It's really a very bad feeling of this things, when your account is hacked because in this time when other works market is very suffocated      
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:20:13 PM

There is no option but in this field work is easy and earning of money is double compare of other field, but feel so sad when any of my accounts hacked         
zacad

Activity: 396

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:23:13 AM

Do you use a computer wallet or a mobile wallet? I haven't been hacked so far! I feel sympathy for what happened to you. I also hate these hackers who rely on stealing someone’s property to survive!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: