Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feelings about being hacked.  (Read 491 times)
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:38:01 AM

Well itbreally happens here in crypto, not only you it happens alot and daily. Many users have been scammed by evil person so only gotta do is protect your private key like how you protect your lives. Treat this as a lesson not to trust anybody or anything you see in crypto always have a doubt and research about something.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:48:21 AM

I feel sorry for your experience OP, what a tragic first time for getting your first tokens. You probably became careless and exposed your private keys somewhere or you have clicked and logged in to a phishing link.
Luckily, by following the people's good suggestion here on how to protect your token and funds I haven't hacked and I don't even want to experience it.
hani1929

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 01:49:41 AM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.

Its sad to hear that, maybe next time you should be more careful on joining any airdrop. because some airdrop need your private key which is very obvious that it is a scam. think of your private key is like a password on your account. or maybe you access a site which is a phishing site just like myetherwallet there is a site that like mew which is a phishing. you should check the URL you are accessing MEW. or to be more safe you should use metamask.

atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

hacking is very rampant especially when money is included. nowhere and nothing is safe from hacking. so the best thing we can do is to make sure that all of the possible security features on out accounts are enabled.
kurlllviss77

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:06:40 AM

I wasn't hacked, I hope that won't happen. But my portfolio has fell by more than 40% since February, which is more than 1500$. And it was my own money.

[/center]
Disclaimert

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:32:30 PM

So sorry about that, it is disheartening after laboring for weeks to get those tokens.1500 $ is a lot in some climes.I hope you did not reveal your private on some phising website,if you did,it is time to reset eveything to protect yourself in the future.
one lesson that we can take is lest you get stuck on phishing sites, the way I do to avoid that is by way of bookmarking all important websites related to the ICO project you are currently following. so that this incident does not happen again
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:09:37 PM

One of the worst feeling I guess. I haven't ben hack but I'm sure no one wanted to be in that situation. It's losing money so I think that everyone doesn't want to lose their hard earn money isn't it?

But then again, we often say that we are own bank, we needed to be always up to our feet and guarding our precious coins. We already know the drill on how to protect it. Its really depends on us, not to be trick by this hackers.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:11:02 PM

I'm sorry for your loss my friend. I have been hacked before and I think it had to do with filling airdrops and phishing sites that took my password and email account. Luckily for me I used different password for my email. But the hacker was able to access one of my lending accounts and took my tokens; numivcoin to be precise. I wasn't hurt because the tokens had gone to shit price after that bitconnect shut down.

barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:18:36 PM

I have an experienced exactly what happened to you and the feelings was almost the same, at first I get mad but as time goes by I gradually accept it and try to move on I just put only in my experienced history so that everything is gonna be okay again and I pray for them not do it again.

AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 10:21:28 PM

It would be begtter if you guys told us about how you have been hacked, not about how you felt after it. I don't mean to sound rude, it's OK to seek for support in such situations, but if we could understand how these hackers work, we would be able to prevent these "robberies" in the future.

AlexAce420

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:41:39 PM

That was a disappointing and sad occurrence. It was also my first and it is also my miserable day when my wallet has been hacked. I am feeling very sad to happen and thinking that how it happens! I never expose my private key. Right now I work hard again to recover my loss profits for my future.
syahdurindu

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:57:44 PM

It was a miserable day for me after someone denied me of my laughter and smiles. My first time I had a huge token worth about $1500 from participating in a bounty. I remember I had toiled enough within weeks partaking in one bounty so as to make something nice and someone from nowhere just hacked my wallet and took the tokens away. Infact, I felt like I have been robbed of my gold since that token was my 1st token which was worth $1500. Share how you felt on when your 1st valuable altcoin was hacked from your wallet.
I can not imagine the disappointment of my feelings if the valuable altcoin I have was hacked by someone else. Until now I am grateful because my wallet is always safe, but I am so worried why there can be such hacking?
you have to keep the spirit and continue working to earn more coins, and hopefully be more careful.

emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:07:43 AM

I never tried being hacked, but I tried participating a bounty campaign that was a scam. All my post's are just a waste of time. That bounty campaign last for almost 8 weeks but then I found out that it was just a scam.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
vivuta103

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

Its no funny and gappy feeling at all. Remember to be always careful and ensure you are on the official sites when transacting. Be skeptic and do not ahare your private key to anyone else you will lose all your tokens in no time.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:03:23 AM

best way to avoid to being hacked is just use a cold wallet: write down your private keys and forget any scam risk. most of scam come from fake login on ether app. never give your private keys to any site!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:09:58 AM

I’m so sorry for your loss and I know how that feels and the saddest thing about it is you feel helpless and weak. And the fact that you can’t do anything about it and can not get it back makes it even worse. I encountered the same scenario before but I let it go now and focus on what I have now even if it does not compensate the amount of tokens I had but I make sure I won’t create the same mistake again.
ximenzi

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

impossible. Did you transfer the wrong address? The address is many letters. Be sure to observe more when switching coins. Otherwise your coins will disappear. Or the virus in your device. Otherwise impossible to be stolen!
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

Well, I was once phished but I was lucky that I was just starting out and stilll don't have coins/tokens back then. I really felt bad because that was the wallet I was using for my bounty and have to change it.

Sachapugach

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:37:21 AM

Last december, my MEW was hacked,stolen coins purchased in ICO.I do not know how, but private key was used only on the exchange Etherdelta, after this case I bought a cold purse and forgot about the private key.
canadinhano

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:44:46 AM

impossible. Did you transfer the wrong address? The address is many letters. Be sure to observe more when switching coins. Otherwise your coins will disappear. Or the virus in your device. Otherwise impossible to be stolen!
Maybe he moved the wrong address, so the new coin is lost, but the wallet system is not so easy to be attacked. But first we have to carefully check the address of the wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: