Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:40:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs gonna end someday ?  (Read 6084 times)
Nicolaus Copernicus (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I have one question that really bug me sometimes, Are ICOs going to end or new ideas and projects will emerge along with ICOs. Many of us actually rely on bounty to earn other than investing. As long as there is ICO I believe there will be bounty. It will be a sad day for us if ICOs are declared officially dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

Not strictly end, I would say. At least not until solid blockchain infrastructure and projects are build. Think about blockchain Facebook, blockchain PayPal, blockchain Google Drive parallels, that sort of projects. Probably ICOs will evolve in some way. In fact, they are already evolving. Check out DAICOs!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
salinagomez

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

I think it depend in their performance. If ICO maintain their performance they can stay in the market. If ICO can’t maintain performance then people will neglect this project and they will end. But i think they stay in the market.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:05:13 PM

I have one question that really bug me sometimes, Are ICOs going to end or new ideas and projects will emerge along with ICOs. Many of us actually rely on bounty to earn other than investing. As long as there is ICO I believe there will be bounty. It will be a sad day for us if ICOs are declared officially dead.

I disagree, ico will always continue to remain because it enhances and promotes the token, it is a way of appreciating the project early investors, and promotes the number of circulating supply of the token to the general public.

The moment ico ends, then token fraud will be much because the dev of such project would be in charge of pump and dump ad projects without ico mostly ends up without any development plan.
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:09:59 PM

I just think otherwise, ICO will continue to run and growing, because I think there will be a lot of companies competing in blockchain technology, and that will affect the number of ICOs, because with the ICO, a company will be more advanced because it adopts a new technology that is Blockchain
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:11:27 PM

ICOs are a way of using Blockchain Technology to solve everyday problem we have. We are in the boom because it's a new technology, with time as many projects exist, the number will reduce though but they won't die out. Nope, they can't die. There are way to many problems to be solved on this planet. We try to solve and as we do so, other problems come alongside so I don't think they'll die out. Unless well, there's no problem to solve again
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:12:15 PM

I'd say they're just getting started. A great crowdfunding tool for legit projects. We do need some regulations, though. I think in the future all crowdfunding will be done through a system similar to ICOs.
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

It took a long time for ICO to be extinct, because without ICO this forum is very quiet because most people are free gift workers here.
90% of crypto users are here to work free gifts.

lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:18:50 PM

I think they will slowly fade until almost all of the ideas are taken or when people stop participating and throwing money in crowdfunding or when more countries ban icos. But it'll happen a very long time from now.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:24:45 PM

They will never ever end I guess. ICO's are like emerging way of raising the funds for the project and thus developing with full nodes. However the fact that it is getting more scammed these days tells us people are loosing the faith from this thing. However, some of the ICO's can really make the progress with perfect goal, team management and thus they will still keep coming in the market.

Also, ICO's are craze these days along with the bounties because people see it as opportunity to earn free money with just little effort and time. This way people will be attracted to it and ICO will take advantages of this thing leading to the more and more ICO formation.  Smiley
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

As long as blockchain and cryptos are here, ICOs will be here. Technology will be keep evolving and thus new and better projects will be keep coming in the market. Infact this is just the start, we are in for a long ride.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:31:56 PM

I think ico will not end and continue to grow, look at the new ico, always popping up with a creative idea idea.Hope Ico do not end because this is a need and my job to survive.

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:34:52 PM

They will change in time, and interest from old crypto investors, who were fueling the ICO craze will plumet, as they dont want to give ID and do KYC/ALM forms. ICO as a procedure will remain as it is effective and anybody can participate in fundraisings, it is not reserved anymore for the elites
gela888gela

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:36:12 PM

I think the ICO project will continue. Along with the development of the era then the technology is growing, ideas and innovations will continue to appear to solve everyday problems. Therefore, I feel confident that the ICO project with new innovations will continue.
Merdeop

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:38:08 PM

Nothing is eternal and everything comes to an end. However, ICO will exist for a long time. This is an innovative way to attract investors. Maybe we will not even live up to the moment when the ICO replace something newer.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
SolomkA

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:41:10 PM

How should ICO officially die?
Because of the fact that new ideas will end? Progress does not stand still. There are always new technology ideas, etc.
The idea of smart contracts uses more than one project for example. All offer their advantages and compete with each other.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:42:25 PM

I guess it won't be gone. ICOs will always be there as long as people will invest in it. There's a lot of money involve in ICOs and people behind it will have great profits if they are launching their own projects. In nature people are greedy and they want to profit more and earn more through ICOs. They don't care if their technology will last for years as long as they can profit out of it.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

Actually last year also people asked same question and when I saw the replies then they said that there will be no more ICO's in the year 2018 but here we are the number of ICO has increased this year a lot more than the previous one. This explains one thing, people are willing to put their money at risk and want to grow it with fast ways of it. The fastest way is ICO and nothing else here. ICO founders are everywhere as they have seen the quickest way of earning money with ICO funds and thus they also jump into it without any thinking. So may be that day is really far from now.
marinakofoleva

Activity: 336
Merit: 100