Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:37:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bunned ihnattm.  (Read 1239 times)
taki183

Activity: 717
Merit: 176

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:44:59 PM

Well, I'm not against the rules, but I think that in this case the penalties should not be so strict
Why?

Because it is one mistake for 1200 msgs. We are all humans. Do you have not a single mistake for your 2700 messages ? Just be honest

Edit: I know, ihnatm, long time ago as an honest man, it is all)

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5943

Meh.

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:50:30 PM

The rules regarding plagiarism on this forum are fucked up. I would not hold my breath on getting your account back, I guess it's better to just start over (or as a lot of people do, buy accounts). Which is completely fine btw.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:55:10 PM

The mistake should have been recognized when the user previewed their post (or looked at it afterward). If you're worried about "haste" and are posting too quickly/too much to even give it a look-over then you're also spamming. The punishment is warranted.

Surely, we don't post on the forum without looking over what we type, right?

Of course, I fully agree that he made a mistake and that everyone should look and check the message before sending.
But the punishment is high jump. I'm not a moderator, but I think that the punishment in the form of a fine (by cryptocurrency) will be fair.
That is my opinion. Thank you.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:55:53 PM

Well, I'm not against the rules, but I think that in this case the penalties should not be so strict
Why?

Because it is one mistake for 1200 msgs. All me are peoples. Do you have not a single mistake for your 2700 messages ? Just be honest
I never broke any rules in any of my posts. That's why I haven't been banned.

If I did, the mods would be right to ban me.

Also, I don't buy this "I forgot to source" excuse. To me, OP joined a bounty that pays more for non-Local posts and decided to lazily copy-paste a post to earn money.

But anyways, I'm leaving this thread for now as this will not lead to anything. OP is not the first one to copy-paste, say that "he forgot" and ask for an unban. And so far, I have only seen one user being unbanned for plagiarism, and it was a very specific case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:56:46 PM

Because it is one mistake for 1200 msgs. We are all humans. Do you have not a single mistake for your 2700 messages ? Just be honest
Doesn't matter if they've made "mistakes". They haven't plagiarized.

Take a look at my post count. I have almost 3x the posts of ihnattm. Have I gotten posts deleted before? Fuck yeah! In fact, here's one of them:

shut the fuck up

But the fact of the matter is that my deleted posts, my mistakes were never anything severe like plagiarism. It's probable that most users have had at least one deleted post in their BCT lifetime. Not only that but IIRC Lauda even admitted to being temp-banned for spam. And I shitpost sometimes, sure.

But we don't plagiarize.

gefander

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:59:00 PM

The administration of the forum is doing a good and important control, my bow and respect. The only thing I regret is that sometimes we don't get a second chance and we can't make it right. But I hope this guy gets a pardon, I think he's learned his lesson for life.
Inspector Deck

Activity: 475
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:17:34 PM

Besides the first error for plagiarism user ihnattm1 committed second error, this evasion of a ban! and after that wiped their previous posts! as it were did not have! making of us fools!
Inspector Deck

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:37:48 PM

Besides the first error for plagiarism user ihnattm1 committed second error, this evasion of a ban! and after that wiped their previous posts! as it were did not have! making of us fools!
For your information, I wrote in a Russian-speaking branch, called Ban. I was there people explained what to do and where to write. I did not know the rules of the ban. You are right, I wrote posts and wiped, because they told me so. But that does not mean that I'm trying to make someone a fool. There is no use for someone to make a fool, not society and return.I do not speak English, do you remember? My messages from there deleted the moderator.
You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: PeterI on Today at 03:14:44 PM
Quote from: ihnattm1 on Today at 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: PeterI on Today at 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: ihnattm1 on Today at 07:17:34 AM
I mean in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg39148400#msg39148400 and strange what do you for two years do not know the rules. You someone said wash Your posts that whatever evade the ban ?
bagsk

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

Cryptofan!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:06:47 PM

Given the circumstances, the second chance is justified.

Inspector Deck

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:09:03 PM

For your information, I wrote in a Russian-speaking branch, called Ban. I was there people explained what to do and where to write. I did not know the rules of the ban. You are right, I wrote posts and wiped, because they told me so. But that does not mean that I'm trying to make someone a fool. There is no use for someone to make a fool, not society and return.I do not speak English, do you remember? My messages from there deleted the moderator.
You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: PeterI on Today at 03:14:44 PM
Quote from: ihnattm1 on Today at 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: PeterI on Today at 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: ihnattm1 on Today at 07:17:34 AM
I mean in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg39148400#msg39148400 and strange what do you for two years do not know the rules. You someone said wash Your posts that whatever evade the ban ?
I was told the reason, and I immediately wrote to the person who found the error violation. He told me that he should not write here but in a separate post. So I removed my post, because there is no place for him.

I do not understand one thing. Guys why are you so angry? What is happening to you? In everyone we see an enemy, a terrorist, a criminal! Live kinder, what is the point of throwing mud at the person by one deed, we are not even acquainted, and you are broomsticking me, like trash from home! Where is humanity? If you think that I'm worried about posts for the sake of earning, I agree to restore the account without the right to participate in any Bounty, for me it does not matter. I did not come here for money, I was brought up by the idea of ​​Satoshi.
excuse me,but I did not think to insult you,just everything is strange in your situation.
yarikss

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

Allow the second chance to the guy! Everyone can be mistaken
I think he understood his mistake and will no longer violate the rules of the forum.

the more he has a lot of posts and plagiat as I understood it was only in one of them.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:05:15 AM

Guys, do you want to say that none of you made any mistakes for the thousands of messages that were published?
No, we don't want to say that, but only because it would be stating the obvious, since most people have absolutely no trouble following the rules. But, if you insist, I'll go ahead and say it:

Of all the 3,000+ posts I have made on this forum, not a single one was plagiarised. Nor have I ever been banned, not even briefly, for any reason whatsoever. It's not difficult to follow the rules, and anyone who says it is difficult is a liar.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Randolf007

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Adonx.one

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:27:31 AM

Good day! I made a mistake in writing the post on the English line, in reply to the guy on the situation with bitcoin, I pointed out the data from Coindesk resource, forgetting to leave a link to the original. In total I have written two messages in English for the entire time of their existence and found an error in them. from my 1200 posts, I always pointed out the resource, I did not steal any posts and did not spam. Yes you are right, I made a mistake, but who is not mistaken? Is it worth insulting a person with a ban if he was mistaken? I realized the lesson, and my posts can be checked and they speak for themselves, I pointed out the sources. Forgive me, no one is perfect, but I understood the lesson! Sad
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg38383563#msg38383563

You will be wasting your time. because accounts that have been banned with such problems will not be retrieved.
so this can be a lesson to be more careful. Smiley

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
Randolf007

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Adonx.one

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:30:37 AM

Allow the second chance to the guy! Everyone can be mistaken
I think he understood his mistake and will no longer violate the rules of the forum.

the more he has a lot of posts and plagiat as I understood it was only in one of them.

I think, it will not be that easy to give a second chance for the account that has been banet. because all the existing rules.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

If a person is proud of the pompous fact that he never made mistakes, he is a liar. Mistakes are a natural process of human development.

Mistakenly plagiarizing is a lot like mistakenly sticking your dick in some strange while married... There is nothing "accidental" about it.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

If a person is proud of the pompous fact that he never made mistakes, he is a liar. Mistakes are a natural process of human development. I did not say that it's hard to follow the rules, I knew them. I just made a mistake in writing a comment to the post, laying out the analysis, as an answer to the creator of the post, in a language I do not know. My desire was to help a person. My conscience is calm. And here's another thing! If Satoshi Nakamoto followed the rules blindly, we never saw Bitcoin, for it contradicts the very system in which we all grew up and who brings us up. If you are robots and not people, keep pouring mud on me, and enjoy it!
All those who consider themselves unmistakable and amazing, study the science of statistics. But to humiliate a man for an error committed in an attempt to reveal his boundaries and develop, this is the most human without which I have ever seen. And you know that I'm telling the truth.

Interestingly enough you have better grammar skills in this post than the VAST majority of people who grew up as native English speakers (this should be read as a knock on western schooling as well  Grin).  Your use of capitalization's, commas, periods, exclamation points, apostrophes, pluralization's, sentences and paragraph while far from perfect suggests a much deeper understanding of English than you are saying. 

Instead of telling everyone they are bad people for not supporting you or giving you a second chance how about you deal with the consequences of your actions like an adult.  I know in this day and age it's easier to blame other people but just try for once to look at yourself as the problem and NOT everyone else.

Or don't it doesn't make much difference as the chances of a ban for plagiarizing being lifted is pretty damn low from what I have seen.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 07:10:03 PM

I admit the guilt. I do not agree with the punishment
You don't have to agree.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:05:54 PM

I admit the guilt. I do not agree with the punishment
You don't have to agree.
Sorry. Do you mean that my opinion does not mean anything?
Do judges ask the offender what they want to have as punishment? Rules are rules and if you make a change for one person you should make the change for every person. This has not been the case since Lone Shark (i.e. unbanning a user after plagiarism).

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:03:47 PM

If in your world, questions are solved with money, I am ready to pay a fine to the forum development fund. I will not buy or set up a new account unequivocally. How do you like this punishment for an error?
No, I don't think we like bribes here.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:59:27 PM

If in your world, questions are solved with money, I am ready to pay a fine to the forum development fund. I will not buy or set up a new account unequivocally. How do you like this punishment for an error?
No. Bitcointalk doesn't have "fines" apart from evil units for new account registration. If we allowed every banned user to pay a fee to unban themselves then we would have anarchy.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is just leave the forum behind. Remember that a ban means that the person is banned, not the account. Don't evade.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: