Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs are great  (Read 803 times)
Nicolaus Copernicus (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:46:58 AM

After development of bitcoin a lot of cryptocurrencies have been established and all the token is followed by the process of ICO. Through ICO many organizations are raising funds for different currencies also offering public bounty in exchange of their tokens.
I believe its a win win situation for both the participants and entrepreneur. At the start of ICO the token price are set at their lowest so there is a huge possibility of profits in investing on ICO. Moreover participants can get discount during the ICO period. 
What do you think about ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:54:17 AM

ICOs are great because it is where and when the altcoins initialized or introduce their projects and platforms to the public audience.
Harmenvanderspoel

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:02:22 AM

Personally i Think they are great because investing just  became a lot easier and cheaper. We just have to pay attention to only invest in decent projects. i would say MVP and massive proof of competence or even a working business build off the sweat of the owner and team. Maybe then they should look for investors, and if the project is great LETS MAKE SOME MONEY Wink
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:20:24 AM

Well, I think, not all ICOs are great—maybe just some of them. To think that, a lot of ICOs are now—or turned be a scam.

Bottomline, ICOs are great and not great in their own visible and invisible ways.
DrMill

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

Personally i Think they are great because investing just  became a lot easier and cheaper...

Yeah, quite agree with you. That channel to raise fund is great.

Yet, not all ICOs are so great. Or, only a few of them will actualize the roadmap and become sucessful. Those help investors make money, and become "great". Others may be not so good or lucky enough will burn our investing money, and just become rubbish.

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
nahnah

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:24:48 AM

ico is one of the fundraising efforts to build applications related to Blockchain and its implementation,
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:26:41 AM

After development of bitcoin a lot of cryptocurrencies have been established and all the token is followed by the process of ICO. Through ICO many organizations are raising funds for different currencies also offering public bounty in exchange of their tokens.
I believe its a win win situation for both the participants and entrepreneur. At the start of ICO the token price are set at their lowest so there is a huge possibility of profits in investing on ICO. Moreover participants can get discount during the ICO period.  

Not all ICOs are great, most ICOs are scams.
Most the time when ICO is done and money is collected then the developer and development also disappeared over time. Most ICO don't even have exchange to trade these days.

itsv

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:33:51 AM

well it depends on the ICO and team if you managed to shortlist a quality ICO then it will surely be great and you will get some good returns on investment but lately there are too many ICO's and unfortunately some shitcoin ICO's manage to get paid rankings on ICO tracking sites. But lately due to bear market even the good projects suffered heavily when they hit the exchanges and are trading below ICO price at the moment for example check out the stats on icodrops :https://icodrops.com/ico-stats/
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:36:39 AM

All of your statement are correct, majority of investors participates in ICO because of the bonuses and the big chance of earning profits, in fact during the launching to the exchanges, it will pump eventually, making them take their profits and pullout their investments, the major points of investing in the ICO is that nature of the project, and how good it can attract the early investors, if this happens that majority of the support are coming from the investors and community, then there is a big chance of the success of the ICO.

Little by little i understand the concept of having the ICO and how to make profits with it.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:42:06 AM

I don't really think it's that special. I mean, there are lots of services or goods nowadays which you can purchase at a lower price if you bought it before release (pre-sale / pre-order). The only difference would be that the thing you'd be purchasing with ICO will change its value, that's what's good about it.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:45:30 AM

The decades-old, tried-and-true way for a technology company to raise cash: A company founder sells some of his or her ownership stake in exchange for money from a venture capitalist, who essentially believes that their new ownership will be worth more in the future than is the cash they spent now.
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:56:35 AM

It's not easy to choose ICO to invest because most of all will be dumped after listing on Exchange after ICO. Only the best ICO projects will be pumped and will make big ROI. It's hard to predict which are the gems and make us rich Sad

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
CleverOracle

Activity: 549
Merit: 100

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:59:18 AM

The question is how long will the ICO exist in crypto because most of them are just a copy-cat platform from other successful project, I know that competition are there but still originality is the best.

Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

Ico becomes an alternative introduction of a project, through ico we can see how much success the project is. And ico also can provide multiples benefits with a cheap price on its pre ico. But we need to be careful in choosing because not a few also ico are scam.

hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

ICO's are great but we need more regulations on it because there are many scam ICO's which are scamming people.

Proper research about project is necessary before investing in any project.
rosstiller

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:26:40 AM

Yeah, I agree with you. It also a huge opportunity for beginners to learn about crypto and start their earnings from it. 
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:33:21 AM

I do agree with your conclusion that it is a win-win situation for both parties but what I don't agree with is the premiss. The reason why most of these people are trying to raise fund through ICO is because it is an easy route to get funded, how many VCs would give some of these project $5 million for not having any product.
waterproof

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:34:10 AM

Yes, ICO is good for everyone, but now there are so many bad ICO and investors are afraid to wet in the early stages. Look, now you can buy tokens on the exchange cheaper than they were on the ICO.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:45:46 AM

Just to let you know, thousands of ICO's are popping like a mushroom and only 10% of them were successful. Some ICO's were just created for the purpose of just raising a fund and at the end, they're gonna run the money they are after for. For that instances, only few ICO's are great. It also not beneficial for the  participants.  If the ICO they have joined in was a scam and just a shitcoin. Or didn't just entered an exchange, so it's useless.
Storeplex

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:41:15 PM

ICOs have definitely helped to galvanise the crypto industry and bring people into it. It's offered a way for talented people to gain access to funds to develop the platforms needed to make crypto more mainstream without needing to go through corporation or investment funds, which for your everyday person is a challenge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  

Jump to: