Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:58:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone  (Read 38743 times)
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:33:20 PM

Thats why I just gave up. Too much BS for this coin just to get it running. I have never been able to send any money. Its a shame, because its a great coin. If I cant reimburse the simple electricity cost from mining it then out it goes unfortunately. I cant imagine im the only one with this issue.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kesior

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:47:09 PM

[1] Do you mean the current daemon in GUI 0.2.0.1?
Yes.

[2] I had them running for a few days in multiple machines but to no avail.
Ok, this isn't good.

[3] I have reloaded/restarted the GUI 0.2.0.1 wallets many times and they're the same as usual.
It seems like your database is tainted. I can't say for sure.

[4] How and when do I know that the IPs get banned?
If you use the GUI wallet, you won't see the daemon running and bannning.

[5] You lost me and I'm even more confused now.
Sorry, Visdude. I'm writing in between working on a few things and my train of thought is everywhere.

I have a proposition, that might help out.

Please import the blockchain, instructions are here. Before you do this, shutdown all running wallets on the workstation you will be doing this on, also, have your seed words prepared after the import.

This operation should help you, it's helped many people on Discord and some on Telegram.

I will be going offline soon, if you need more help, you can join the discord channel or telegram.
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:08:22 PM

[1] Do you mean the current daemon in GUI 0.2.0.1?
Yes.

[2] I had them running for a few days in multiple machines but to no avail.
Ok, this isn't good.

[3] I have reloaded/restarted the GUI 0.2.0.1 wallets many times and they're the same as usual.
It seems like your database is tainted. I can't say for sure.

[4] How and when do I know that the IPs get banned?
If you use the GUI wallet, you won't see the daemon running and bannning.

[5] You lost me and I'm even more confused now.
Sorry, Visdude. I'm writing in between working on a few things and my train of thought is everywhere.

I have a proposition, that might help out.

Please import the blockchain, instructions are here. Before you do this, shutdown all running wallets on the workstation you will be doing this on, also, have your seed words prepared after the import.

This operation should help you, it's helped many people on Discord and some on Telegram.

I will be going offline soon, if you need more help, you can join the discord channel or telegram.

I think we misunderstood each other. On my posts, I specifically mentioned I'm running GUI 0.2.0.1. I found out just now that GUI 0.2.0.2 was released 07/06/18 but I didn't see any post about it on here since then unless I missed it. Anyway, I'm in the process of running it now. We'll see if it fixes it. I hope so. But based on the release note, "Re-introduced sync bar and percentage synced Percentage synced has been disabled", it seems it's really not a fix but a remedy to at least get the wallet to be functional and not be "syncing" indefinitely which was the same remedy in the earlier versions (GUI 0.1.X).

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-gui-wallet/releases/tag/0.2.0.2

Nostradamus411
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:22:20 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 04:03:51 AM by Nostradamus411

[Community debate] - Let's talk about the development funding

Please keep in mind, this is a debate not a vote. Your opinion doesn't matter, your reasoning does.

Foreword
I really liked how our last debate format managed to let people who have the best interests of the coin at heart to voice their view while easily exposing those that did not, while still getting valuable feedback from them - [1]

Why do we need a dev fund?
So far we have 3 professional developers - mosu_forge, psychocrypt, and myself working on the project for free. However this is not sustainable in the long term. The ideas that we have for Ryo need a team of around 10 people to put into practice. In short, we need money to hire people. We also need funds for marketing, server costs, and many other things that have been so far paid out of our pockets.

Our ideas for Ryo
read the rest at the above link, and please post your feedback and reasoning to the Reddit thread, many thanks to all who contribute to the debate! 🙏
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:30:57 PM

1. what kind of devs or positions would you need to move forward.

2. what pay structure would you need to move it forward.

3. Can always add a donation tab into the send page of the gui wallet. ive seen that a lot, where a donations goes along with the transaction.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:30:02 AM

I gotta say, I kinda want a SMUO/RYO trading pair somewhere. Both coins together are pretty stable actually, but trading back and forth can make the skilled some nice dough...
Skyzer0

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:12:37 PM

Fireice gets all the DevFee on XMR Stak miner used by millions of people, he can fund everyone here alone, dont be stupid.

got a question, why is memoric seed like Half the size on new RYO ? i made a new wallet and its like half the lenght than my Sumo wallet is, even when converting that wallet to RYO the seed is the same and its more protected.

you literally gave us less protection by shortening it, its made to be written down, any reason to make it smaller would be to memorize it yourself all to lack alot more security than it originally had.

sh lol who came up with that idiotic idea when the wallets all can be hacked by text? there is no key file, there is memoric seed and ur password, all text, it can be randomly guessed by an AI and if this coin rises in value oh im sure there will be a ton of people doing that.

so i told you a while ago, get a phyical file to determine wallet, like monero has a physical file and its cryptonight  so why cant you?

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:29:32 PM

(…)

sh lol who came up with that idiotic idea when the wallets all can be hacked by text? there is no key file, there is memoric seed and ur password, all text, it can be randomly guessed by an AI and if this coin rises in value oh im sure there will be a ton of people doing that.

(…)

Writing stuff without understanding what it is you are writing about is dangerous, you know. It can make you look like an idiot. I suggest you learn how mnemonic seeds work (and probably public/private key cryptography as well) before commenting on them.
CryptoClausel

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:03:21 PM

Ha, guys did you see this?

Ryo official pool software was faulty since 7/7 in that sumokoin address miners would get "accepted shares" that internally were faulty, so for instance xmr-stak would report "shares accepted" but stats (and payout) on hashvault would report 0 hashrate.

Quite funny, and for some people quite angersome.
Roels Major

Activity: 191
Merit: 56

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:55:57 PM

RYO trading Open at Cryptopia today...

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=RYO_BTC

"I select a very small number of things to be sceptical about, such as markets, and on these I am hypersceptic. But I want to be fooled by randomness in art." — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:58:56 AM

RYO trading Open at Cryptopia today...

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=RYO_BTC

that`s great!
Skyzer0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:13:17 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 10:29:29 AM by Skyzer0

New RYO wallet after hardfork shows virus Win32/Emelent.B!cl  trojan

care to explain? wasn't here on old wallets.

after removing it the wallet wont open/start.
kesior

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

Why would trojan our own wallet, that we use? It's a false positive.
Skyzer0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

already re downloaded it and installed it 3 times, defender keeps removing it everytime. here look http://prntscr.com/k5nqlf

despite checking the rar file nothing is found, but on installation on the WIN64 installer defender removes it right away after installation.
kesior

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

already re downloaded it and installed it 3 times, defender keeps removing it everytime. here look http://prntscr.com/k5nqlf

despite checking the rar file nothing is found, but on installation on the WIN64 installer defender removes it right away after installation.

Disable scanning the directory in Windows Defender or whatever you use. I had that too, and it was with XMR-Stak and any other miner. It's normal, the way these miners/wallets are coded causes these problems.
Skyzer0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

Disable scanning the directory in Windows Defender or whatever you use. I had that too, and it was with XMR-Stak and any other miner. It's normal, the way these miners/wallets are coded causes these problems.

yes, you're used to this because it usually comes on many miners, i also get on XMR Stak and i do allow it Smiley and guess what, defender does tell you the path to castxmr miner and which application it is, if you check my link it says to the ryo.exe file

thing was, this didn't happend before on older wallets, only the new wallet after they did a hardfork.
rodyw

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

Any news on the new Ryo LITE wallet compatible with the hard fork? I would love to use my wallet again  Cheesy

kesior

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:20:43 PM

Any news on the new Ryo LITE wallet compatible with the hard fork? I would love to use my wallet again  Cheesy

New version is out, 0.2.0.2 here.
kesior

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:22:52 PM

yes, you're used to this because it usually comes on many miners, i also get on XMR Stak and i do allow it Smiley and guess what, defender does tell you the path to castxmr miner and which application it is, if you check my link it says to the ryo.exe file

thing was, this didn't happend before on older wallets, only the new wallet after they did a hardfork.

Yup, new code.

As long as you got it from our github, you're gold.

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-gui-wallet/releases/tag/0.2.0.2

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-lite-wallet/releases/tag/0.2.0.2

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-currency/releases/tag/0.2.0.2
rodyw

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:28:06 PM

Any news on the new Ryo LITE wallet compatible with the hard fork? I would love to use my wallet again  Cheesy

New version is out, 0.2.0.2 here.
It looks like this is the normal GUI wallet. I was asking about the LITE wallet.

Update: I see the correct link was in the other post, thxs!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: