Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:47:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Being aware of SCAMS  (Read 1552 times)
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:58:49 AM

Everyday have new contest and many project was scam, we have take learn to be carefully when participated on ico project. Be carefull when you want joined an ICO and you have check first how much their token was sold out to the public ? I was less faith if an ICO less sold of their token although have run more than a month, try to participated at an ICO was sold and reached soft cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:19:54 AM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
of course all negative comment can be seen in thier thread even in thier social media page . Like what happen to other project that confirm a scam project.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
rahimali

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:58:55 AM

After inventions there is lots of fraud in the market also there is lots of scam in the market which is make people so damaged and it cause of many losses based on this to avoid scam we should aware of this and we should investigate before invest money in coins.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:05:58 AM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
of course all negative comment can be seen in thier thread even in thier social media page . Like what happen to other project that confirm a scam project.
That's true reading feedback from other users about the project. But for me the project that looks good legit is that they all have the information about the project and one thing that I look on a project is their timeline and what do we expect as the time pass by.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:06:24 AM

On it's bitcointalk ANN thread, they're putting it to a self-moderated thread.

And with their social media account, they are vanishing their account on it so that no one could contact them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Tuare aget

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:20:42 AM

what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
Anonymous developer, the developer doesn't have a lot of track or at least linkedin account to prove of he is a real human. The bitcoin talk thread was using self-moderated
But this cryptocurrency world should be anonymous. All people should not know each other. But as developer is very important to show the track to potential customers so we can know the experience of the developer. Like above said, we need to avoid scam and make sure the developer is human and also have great experience
Zandra

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:06:02 AM

That's true reading feedback from other users about the project. But for me the project that looks good legit is that they all have the information about the project and one thing that I look on a project is their timeline and what do we expect as the time pass by.

We will see in the comments of their ANN THREAD if it's totally scam project. And many members are showing the evidence that it a scam.
goldminecrypto

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

I think it is not expected to have any info regarding any scam projects. Rather you will not get sufficient info regarding the scam. Whether the white paper or in social media, they will provide a few information.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:35:23 PM

Yeah always dyor before investing.We need more security projects .Check LevelNet. It an innovative system for providing cyber security, comes to help solve these problems and will be big in the future
netadacadug

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:47:14 AM

Its hard to identify if the ico is scam specialy if you dont make a research about the project you join, its better to check their website and telegram twitter or other information about the project, some if there is no information its a big posible that this project is scam.
nickolaileskov

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:50:34 AM

I think it is not expected to have any info regarding any scam projects. Rather you will not get sufficient info regarding the scam. Whether the white paper or in social media, they will provide a few information.

Scammers are very easily expected. Because they can't reveal their identities. And it is very easy to identify the fraudster on the team. These are either non-existent people or people who will be denied the (real) communion with the project.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:30:13 AM

the people behind the scam project are getting smarter everyday. they will always find a way to succeed scamming others. it getting hard to know if it a legit or scam. thoroughly researching can help you find a scam project but not all the times.
dpui98

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

SEELE- Blockchain 4.0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:34:48 AM

Few ways to reduce chance of being scam:

1.) Never send your money to anyone who PM via telegram
2.) Never join in ICO that based on hypes- advertisement on CMC and other crypto related website are the first projects to avoid, trust me it based on experience
3.) Identify good ICO by joining their community and see if its full of tech savvy guys or pure moon boys, moon boys will sell off after ICO and move to another projects, IAN B* is a big red flag if you ask me

SEELE Blockchain 4.0
JOIN US - http://seele.pro
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:05:11 AM

The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.

Certainly there can be some tell-tale sign such as using fake profile for any member of the team behind the project. Some are copying their Whitepaper from other projects and the site can be unprofessionally looking. However, there are also very good projects which got no major tell-tale signs but eventually collapsed later because the people behind just left to nowhere with the money of the investor or token buyers. The best thing to do is to limit one's exposure to doubtful projects and to spread one's basket with well-reviewed and well-received projects...though this can be easier said than done, of course.
makuzi_alethena

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:12:02 AM

Many ICOs are highlighting their huge community - what might be the reason for it:

https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-why-social-media-indicators-have-no-business-in-ico-ratings-96eb67c2f8c9
ervanikan

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:17:41 AM

of course I will spread to social media that the project is a scam and hopefully no more victims next
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:20:27 AM

the people behind the scam project are getting smarter everyday. they will always find a way to succeed scamming others. it getting hard to know if it a legit or scam. thoroughly researching can help you find a scam project but not all the times.
Nowadays many of the scams they invest in are very sophisticated, they may choose and work as a real and potential ICO project, some new investors can not detect them, and also a Old investors are also vulnerable to mistakes.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 09:23:34 AM

Nowadays, scam project is getting harder and harder to detect, because this projects look so decent in their website, campaign materials and etc. I encountered a lot of projects which are so decent, some of which are, developers and the team are keep on interacting in their channel., and keep on updating., later on after the ICO, the website just gone. So for me, when some of my bounty hunters detected some scam project, we immediately inform our group of bounty hunters in order to scatter the information to our social media channels, in order that the investors would be aware on that project and not be tempted to invest.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:26:26 AM

Study their team, look into their past experience. That's the easiest and fastest way to tell whether a project is a scam or not. Don't even consider investing in coins with anonymous teams. Extensive research is always welcome, but in 90% of the cases, you'll be able to tell from the get go whether it's gonna be a scam or not.
gabum19

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:29:55 AM

If i would notice theres a scam involved i will let everyone of course tell so that everyone aware of what they are doing. It is hard to identify projects that are scams they replica all the details and forms of an new ico project. Better be aware and read all informations before participating.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: