Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Being aware of SCAMS  (Read 1552 times)
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:37:19 AM

Scammers have now learned how to behave like normal projects, to determine their need to analyze technical documentation and the team, rather than social networks.
Vandemos

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:40:59 AM
Merited by Sungoku (4)

Scammers have now learned how to behave like normal projects, to determine their need to analyze technical documentation and the team, rather than social networks.
But many ICOs posted in bitcointalk are scam, doing a lot of research does not give you the assurance that this ICO will not deceive people because even the visible ICO looks legit turned into a fraud. Doing research will only reduce the risk of getting involved with these scams, so you need to be careful and vigilant.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:39:51 AM

Now many of the projects which hold the ICO fail, so even these projects I'm starting to equate to fraud. It is difficult to distinguish a good ICO from a fraud, but I think that the main ways are to view the website (many scammers copy the page from the websites of previously held ICO of other projects). You should also read the white sheet carefully.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

Most of the time I check the open source code for this project, which is the first point, if the project has been developed for a long time, then it is trustworthy.
Secondly, I will refer to the popularity of this project, telegram group. If there is no popularity, I will be cautious.

EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?

It is hard to tell if a bounty is a scam or not. It is still a real project after all. The only thing is that the team, or the manager will not pay the participants. Scams are quite impossible to be determine through facebook or twitter account neither its ANN and bounty thread. Those page or thread will be showed in public so they will not let that the public will notice that the project is a scam through this. Probably they will put different attractive things like its big allocation.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Btcalimie

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:55:27 AM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?

Detecting scam is way to hard. We are advised to research thoroughly but with in the contents if the project you can't find flaws which you could determine whether it is scam or not. I think or common way is to know the people involve in the project.
iWGC

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:58:22 AM

I would look at github for code and them development of the code. Also take a close look at the team and their social media profiles.  It is really hard to tell from social media posts
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:01:27 PM

It's unlikely that we can prevent fraud in our power, but we need to keep track of the main points of the companies - a white sheet, a team that offers the project!
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:03:02 PM

I think that we should alert others when we spot an scam, we should be trying to protect each other instead of just doing nothing. Some scams are well hidden.

ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:07:47 PM

Well in the past months or year It's easier to spot a scam projects by just looking at their social medias, presentation of whitepaper, website design and anonymity of the members you can easily spot them however today you will hardly recognize that the project is a scam since most of the scammers today are improving and upgrading.

As you can see their presentation improves, whitepapers, etc. they also make a fake pictures and linkedin accounts in order to make their "project" legit so you can't really tell nowadays that the project is legit, just be ready on what happens when you invest into ICO's.
Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:08:50 PM

I think to reduce the rate of being scammed, it is better to do a deep research about a project and be sure of the developer and management team and heir reputation before you decide to join or invest in it. It is sometime not hard to identify a scam project and if anyone knows about one, it is better to inform others about it by spreading the news on the forum.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:13:17 PM

Join Scam project is stupid decisions but the problem is no one knows which one is scam and how to see it?. I already do some research depend people opinion and mine, sometimes I win and some times I got fail to detected. For scam problem, just follow your instinct and always share with other to stay away from there. 

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
parlerm

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:13:30 PM

Usually if the ICO is a SCAM, definitely the project is also SCAM. So I see from its ICO. If there is something wrong like fake team, or something, just leave it. Also I will tell other that this ICO is SCAM.
Wilfrer

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:21:39 PM

I think it would be very difficult to detect a scams project when they started them. They are almost discovered when the project is almost over and there are indications that the project will not continue and the bonus will not be paid to bounty hunters. In addition, unreliable and uninspired staff is also a sign that you are aware of a scams project.

Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:11:33 PM

The question is not quite clearly formulated. But the following red flags don't inspire confidence in bitcointalk.
1. Self-moderation post.
2. The author doesn't answer questions, just created a topic and no one represents the position of the developers.
In social networks, comments on the fraudulent project appear already post factum.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

We can just take care of our self from scam projects, we can't stop them to scam people, as long as still many people who less in awareness, scammer will always be there.
So, keep safe.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

We can just take care of our self from scam projects, we can't stop them to scam people, as long as still many people who less in awareness, scammer will always be there.
So, keep safe.
Of course, if someone has the opportunity to learn about the fraudulent actions of someone, then We are obliged to communicate this to each other. But the problem is that it is very difficult to identify a fraudster.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:29:42 PM

The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.

There is nothing hard to understand there! If the team does not look like one that can deliver, then stay out. If there is no product and all they give you is an empty promise, then zoom off. If they cannot just answer simple technical question on their ANN thread and they keep blabbing nonsense, then run with a lightening speed. You do not need the social media to identify scam, these few things alone would be enough for you to make the right decision.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:34:30 PM

So, keep safe.
Obviously, there is absolutely no way we can stop them from popping up but if the awareness is created as to how this can be avoided and a lot of people follow these rules, I can bet the scammers will eventually get frustrated and move out of the space gradually. It is just unfortunate that a lot of people are too lazy to make some diggings and research on that which is important to deduce the possibility of being in a scam project or not, such as the availability of product and majorly the team.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:48:51 PM

Scammers are everywhere, not just in crypto currencies. They will always take the opportunity when there are people gullible enough to believe too good to be true stories. There are giveaways of free money that are too much and most of the dev team will be anonymous. You may also refer to the community in discord if ever they have one. Do your own extensive research and verify thru the threads here in this forum.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: