Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130897 times)
Ramsey

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:10:08 PM

Hi

Help me please

I have not received transaction from teamcatcoin.com pool on my coinex and coinedup account

Passed more than 2 days

What could happen?

thanks

Please do not transfer coins from your mining account directly to an exchange.  Most exchanges advise NOT to do that.

Always transfer money from pool directly into your wallet, then move to an exchange if you want.

I've used cryptsy, coinedup, and btc-e and they're all slow - minimum of 1 hour and up to 6 hours on a good day getting things into crypsy.  There's nothing anyone here in CATland can do about that.

Andy

Only three days ago the exchange transfers normally come

I am sure that the problem is on the pool

Teamcatcoin support does not respond to my requests

I think I made ​​a mistake with the choice of this pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlimePuppy

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:38:03 PM

Coinium, ultimatecoinpool, geekhash, and teamcatcoin are all connected now and are the primary trusted nodes in our network.  We know they are reliably sending coins back and forth, as are all wallets and nodes connected to them. 

Change your payout address for teamcatcoin to go directly to your wallet.  That is step one.

Post a cat address - I'll send you a 1 cat test and you can see how the system is working.

Andy

SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:39:23 PM

Someone sent me a 10 Cat tip - thank you very much!

I will forward it to johnny_non for the Diamond Collar animal rescue donation.

blessings,
Andy
trianglez

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:11:11 PM

Andy? I replied. Any ideas how to solve this?
here is the link to one of my transactions in the blockchain

http://catchain.info/t/6P8b9zUeps

the other ones are just GONE...no transactions showed in the catchain... am i in the wrong chain with the right wallet and with the old coins or what? i m getting confused...
pls help.
Ramsey

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:30:56 PM

SlimePuppy,

Pool support does not answer me

How do I know TX # my missing transactions?

What can I do to find my coins?

johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

Calling all Cats, I'm taking donations for Keno's animal rescue, soon to be featured on The Diamond Collar Television show airing on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
it's time for the community to step up and pitch in 100% of the donations will be passed along. Please show your support.

9iyKS8KVBHap3PYBzKYaUrJxRR7q5mqaSu

http://thediamondcollar.com/keno-s-rescue

And/Or

The Songs of Love Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing personalized songs for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges, free of charge.
 http://www.songsoflove.org/catcoins/

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:03:50 AM

Andy? I replied. Any ideas how to solve this?
here is the link to one of my transactions in the blockchain

http://catchain.info/t/6P8b9zUeps

the other ones are just GONE...no transactions showed in the catchain... am i in the wrong chain with the right wallet and with the old coins or what? i m getting confused...
pls help.
Here's the deal as I understand it.

In order to transfer your coins, you need two things to happen.  Your pool 'sends' the money by adding your transaction to a block and sending that block across the network; and the receiving node (the exchange) has to accept that block and add it to the blockchain it's storing.  That's when it recognized your transaction and adds the money to your account.

If the exchange is on the wrong blockchain it won't add the block with your money in it - it'll ignore that block.  Your money isn't lost - the exchange will recognize the money once it attaches to the correct block chain.

You won't see your transaction on the blockchain explorer on catchain.info because that site is stuck on an old chain.  Neither the catchain nor the difficulty/block graph on catcoins.biz/charts are up to date.

Speaking as part of the dev team, we have no control over either catcoin.biz or any exchange so cannot make them update anything quickly.  We have contacted the owners of catcoins.biz to get them to 'kick the server' and bring it back to life, but that's all we can do until we get another blockchain explorer on-line.  We'll contact the exchanges again as well to see if they'll do the same.

Your money appears to be in limbo but it is not lost.  Stay tuned for updates.

Andy

Ramsey

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:15:26 AM

Coinium, ultimatecoinpool, geekhash, and teamcatcoin are all connected now and are the primary trusted nodes in our network.  We know they are reliably sending coins back and forth, as are all wallets and nodes connected to them. 

Change your payout address for teamcatcoin to go directly to your wallet.  That is step one.

Post a cat address - I'll send you a 1 cat test and you can see how the system is working.

Andy

Yes, I got a coin in my wallet

Then, I tried to make each exchange transaction - does not work

good joke  Grin

fork probably die before there my coins  Grin
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:19:27 AM

This evening's dev notes...

etblvu1 continues to code and add difficulty adjustment methods to his application.  While this isn't an 'official' test device per his request, it appears it will be a useful tool for sorting the 'wheat from the chaff'.

We continue to test methods on the testnet.  The method under test tonight continues to be Blaksmith's solution and it's the best performing routine so far.

We might have identified the source of our network trouble this evening.  The original CATcoin developer, kr105, coded the 'master node' address into the catcoin wallet and catcoind code.  This 'seed node' is where all our wallets visit first in order to find a place to download a good copy of the block chain.  This is the same website that used to hold the compiled wallets - catcoin.pw - and that site was taken down after 1 month in service.  This is why it is so important that we add reliable nodes to the catcoin.conf file and explains much of our network stability as we add new users.

A new wallet runs through a three-step process to find good nodes.  1. It checks it's peers.dat file (and a new wallet won't have one or it will be empty).  2. It navigates to the seed node for a list of good catcoind addresses (this is currently catcoin.pw and it's off-line).  and 3. It gives up.

Please check your wallets and/or catcoind instances and make sure you have a catcoin.conf file and make sure it holds at least these addresses as these are known good, trusted, 24/7 resources for the block chain and all transactions:

Code:
addnode=cat.geekhash.org
addnode=ultimatecoinpool.com
addnode=eu.coinium.org
addnode=us.coinium.org
addnode=teamcatcoin.com

This should go a long way to temporarily stabilize our network.  And I can guarantee you this will be fixed with the next code release!

Andy
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:21:55 AM

Coinium, ultimatecoinpool, geekhash, and teamcatcoin are all connected now and are the primary trusted nodes in our network.  We know they are reliably sending coins back and forth, as are all wallets and nodes connected to them.  

Change your payout address for teamcatcoin to go directly to your wallet.  That is step one.

Andy

Yes, I got a coin in my wallet

Then, I tried to make each exchange transaction - does not work

good joke  Grin

fork probably die before there my coins  Grin

Not a joke - please post a catcoin address where you can receive coins - I will send you a cat and post the details here so you can confirm your wallet and the network is working.

Your coins are safe because they are coded into the block chain.  The problem is that the exchange might not be connected to the network correctly.  Your coins will appear when they fix their problem.

Also - please make sure you read the post directly above this and make sure you have the correct nodes in your catcoin.conf file.  If you're a windows user, this will be in %AppData%\Roaming\catcoin\catcoin.conf

Andy
hjr91

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:42:11 AM

My wallet is stuck.. I'm connected to the network but I'm still stuck at 21908. I have entered the nodes in my config file as well.. I don't know why it's stuck. I've seen several great oppurrrrr tuna ties to mine cat coin very profitable but whats the point if I can't send to my wallet or cryptsy or coinex lol. How do I fix this? I love cats! And I had loved the catcoin as well but being out of sync sucks ass! O ya I also have the newest wallet as well.
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:23:00 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 08:34:41 AM by SlimePuppy

My wallet is stuck.. I'm connected to the network but I'm still stuck at 21908. I have entered the nodes in my config file as well.. I don't know why it's stuck. I've seen several great oppurrrrr tuna ties to mine cat coin very profitable but whats the point if I can't send to my wallet or cryptsy or coinex lol. How do I fix this? I love cats! And I had loved the catcoin as well but being out of sync sucks ass! O ya I also have the newest wallet as well.
hjr91 - let's get you moving again.

You said you have the latest wallet - double check the version - help/about catcoin - make sure it's 0.8.9.0.  If it's not 0.8.9.0, you'll find links in the first post of this thread.

Then - make a copy of you wallet.dat file and catcoin.conf files

Then - if you're a windows user, please follow along in the readme.txt file in the package to uninstall your previous wallet.  Delete your %AppData%\Roaming\Catcoin folder.

Run the new catcoin wallet - it will create a new file system in %AppData%\Roaming\catcoin  Stop the wallet.

Move your wallet.dat and catcoin.conf back into %AppData%\Roaming\catcoin\

Edit your catcoin.conf and make sure it looks like this - especially the addnode lines:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
server=1
daemon=1
testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=cat.geekhash.org
addnode=eu.coinium.org
addnode=us.coinium.org
addnode=teamcatcoin.com
rpcport=7000
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

Restart the wallet and let it retrieve the block chain.

The exchanges are a different problem outside either you or our control.  Some are on the correct block chain and some appear to be on an old fork.  We confirmed that CATs are moving into and out of Coinex as of about 30 minutes ago.  Cryptsy appears stuck inbound and outbound - we have opened another trouble ticket with them and asked them to add the node addresses and reset their block chain.  We don't yet have info from CoinedUp.

Keep mining - just make sure you send the coins directly to your wallet and not to an exchange.  Exchanges don't want you sending money directly to them, and you really don't want your money sitting on an exchange if you can help it.

Andy
kisa2005

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 09:52:07 AM by kisa2005

-> my wallet was stuck at the same block 21908 ...

-> followed above instructions to reinstall and resync successfully.

-> sincere thanks to Andy for his effort, patience, and ongoing answers towards resolving issues!

-> 250 CATs now on the way to Keno's animal rescue Wink

horus1

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:07:59 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 04:38:54 PM by horus1

Same with me, does somebody else experince this kind of problems transferring CATs from wallet to every exchange? I tried every one of them and no success. I opened many tickets and nobody can explain what's going on. Is there anyone who can tell if their daemons are old or need change or the problem is in my wallet? When i chech the transactions it says "not found", or NOt YET REDEEMED?
....... WHERE IS THE DEV to explain this mess?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

If have the same problem, this just feels like a big scam. I send almost 2 days ago a depost to cryptsy:

67084    horus1    2014-02-09 01:43:39    Debit_MP    Confirmed    9mj7frm4...8km4SvGi    498f93fe...9b0dbf05    n/a    90.60835339

I created a support ticket at cryptsy but they want the full transaction id, so i contacted teamcatcoin but they just ignore me Sad

As a test i send 1.002 catcoin from my wallet to cryptsy:

Date: 2/10/2014 00:56
To: cat deposit cryptsy 9mj7frm4nFeH44imWT1hwnFhHg8km4SvGi
Debit: -1.001 CAT
Transaction fee: -0.001 CAT
Net amount: -1.002 CAT
Transaction ID: a39db05e2b4f23a9fbd56290a10f04eb019bd3b8be1ee242ad7a3d085acc2452

Of course.. also never arrived. I don't have a big rig.. I mined days for these coins Sad

Someone help?

@SlimePuppy

I hope ur theory is correct man, cause this is just not funny...

And for the rest: DON'T GO MINE CAT COINS AT TEAMCATCOIN.com ! Look for a better pool with a forum where they actually help you!
hjr91

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:58:53 PM

hjr91 - let's get you moving again.

You said you have the latest wallet - double check the version - help/about catcoin - make sure it's 0.8.9.0.  If it's not 0.8.9.0, you'll find links in the first post of this thread.

Then - make a copy of you wallet.dat file and catcoin.conf files

Then - if you're a windows user, please follow along in the readme.txt file in the package to uninstall your previous wallet.  Delete your %AppData%\Roaming\Catcoin folder.

Run the new catcoin wallet - it will create a new file system in %AppData%\Roaming\catcoin  Stop the wallet.

Move your wallet.dat and catcoin.conf back into %AppData%\Roaming\catcoin\

Edit your catcoin.conf and make sure it looks like this - especially the addnode lines:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
server=1
daemon=1
testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=cat.geekhash.org
addnode=eu.coinium.org
addnode=us.coinium.org
addnode=teamcatcoin.com
rpcport=7000
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

Restart the wallet and let it retrieve the block chain.

The exchanges are a different problem outside either you or our control.  Some are on the correct block chain and some appear to be on an old fork.  We confirmed that CATs are moving into and out of Coinex as of about 30 minutes ago.  Cryptsy appears stuck inbound and outbound - we have opened another trouble ticket with them and asked them to add the node addresses and reset their block chain.  We don't yet have info from CoinedUp.

Keep mining - just make sure you send the coins directly to your wallet and not to an exchange.  Exchanges don't want you sending money directly to them, and you really don't want your money sitting on an exchange if you can help it.

Andy

Wow it worked!!! Thank you so much Andy!!! I had read to do that on other forum but I thought it wouldn't work because I did have 0.8.9 but it did!
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

If have the same problem, this just feels like a big scam. I send almost 2 days ago a depost to cryptsy:

67084    horus1    2014-02-09 01:43:39    Debit_MP    Confirmed    9mj7frm4...8km4SvGi    498f93fe...9b0dbf05    n/a    90.60835339

I created a support ticket at cryptsy but they want the full transaction id, so i contacted teamcatcoin but they just ignore me Sad

As a test i send 1.002 catcoin from my wallet to cryptsy:

Date: 2/10/2014 00:56
To: cat deposit cryptsy 9mj7frm4nFeH44imWT1hwnFhHg8km4SvGi
Debit: -1.001 CAT
Transaction fee: -0.001 CAT
Net amount: -1.002 CAT
Transaction ID: a39db05e2b4f23a9fbd56290a10f04eb019bd3b8be1ee242ad7a3d085acc2452

Of course.. also never arrived. I don't have a big rig.. I mined days for these coins Sad

Someone help?

@SlimePuppy

I hope ur theory is correct man, cause this is just not funny...

And for the rest: DON'T GO MINE CAT COINS AT TEAMCATCOIN.com ! Look for a better pool with a forum where they actually help you!
I appreciate your position here because we're all in the same one - I have CATs at Cryptsy as well.  I opened another trouble ticket with cryptsy last nite and so far have just received an auto-response.  They appear to be fixing problems with other coins so plan to keep 'beating on them' until they reset our wallet as well.  I can assure you that this is no hypothesis or theory. Wink

In the mean time, I continue to send and receive coins to/from other users and it's working perfectly within seconds - we have a good network overall.

At most, my mining equipment can produce 2MH/s and I've mined nearly all of my ~500 coins as well - I know of nobody on the dev team with either a big CAT stash or any significant hash power. 

Bottom line - the problem with getting money to Cryptsy is THEIR problem and all we can do is keep asking them to reset their node.

Andy
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

-> my wallet was stuck at the same block 21908 ...

-> followed above instructions to reinstall and resync successfully.

-> sincere thanks to Andy for his effort, patience, and ongoing answers towards resolving issues!

-> 250 CATs now on the way to Keno's animal rescue Wink

Woot!  Glad to hear you're connected again, kisa.  Thanks for the confirmation!
skillface

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:18:51 PM

It's not just Cryptsy that seems to be on the wrong fork - none of my test transactions have shown up on CoinEX or CoinedUp either. On top of that, the blockchain explorer is also on the wrong fork or lagging hardcore. I have a small transaction I sent to Cryptsy a few days ago which should have shown up by now on the blockchain (around block 22014 or so) but of course it's stuck in limbo instead.

Honestly I don't see the exchanges caring too much about fixing their wallets at the moment. They're probably waiting for a more.. definitive fix. It's frustrating as hell mining away and not being able to even send them to an exchange so that I can use it to help increase my total funds - I'm stuck trading with the CAT I currently have on Cryptsy, unless I decide to move to another coin in the meantime (which I'd rather not have to).

Going off what the others have been saying on IRC, I believe we have to update the node(s) hardcoded into the coin itself. From memory the code currently points towards catcoin.pw as being pretty much the only trusted default node (which was shut down just before the fork because the owner couldn't be stuffed putting up with the coin's problems any longer, it seems). I'm pretty sure that's why the exchanges and block explorer are having so many problems syncing. The remaining pool operators came came up with the idea of linking their pools together to prevent any further forks during low difficulty periods, or something along those lines (of course the exchanges likely wouldn't know about this and them updating their node lists before the next hardfork would be a miracle in itself).

As far as I can tell, this is something that can only be fixed with another fork, so it likely won't be done until we have chosen a new difficulty algorithm (which shouldn't take too long hopefully, now that we have this new simulator to play around with) and are ready to implement that as well. I just hope we don't take another month to implement the fix like we did last time, I'm not sure even I have that much patience.

Transactions within the working section of the network (between the pools and user wallets) works well enough though, so we got that going for us, which is nice.
trianglez

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:36:45 PM

...to Andy...
Andy, my coins are still not recieved nor the coinex, nor cryptsy, what do you syggest? I syggest, look at the cat-chain and fix that, my transaction is 4-th day on Not Yet Redeemed!!!!
...so fix the stupid chain please...
SlimePuppy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:54:15 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 10:57:50 PM by SlimePuppy

I just received a 5 CAT test transfer (4.9 + 0.1 fee) from Cryptsy.  They were received within 5 minutes of clicking the confirmation email link cryptsy sends for each withdrawal request.  The coins I sent TO Cryptsy, however, have not yet arrived.

We have an open ticket with Cryptsy and they are responding to it - hopefully it won't be long before they're back in operation.

It's in their best interest to fix their node as they make money from each exchange - a rational business isn't likely to keep a cash-flow stream off-line intentionally...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: