Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:42:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]GaltCoin - Full Release  (Read 16504 times)
plaxant (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:54:41 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 12:05:43 PM by plaxant

The Engine That Drives the World

Features:
  • Scrypt Algorithm (ASIC Resistant)
  • 42 Million coin maximum
  • 50 coins per block until halving at every 420,000 blocks
  • Stable nodes
  • Only 1000 Blocks pre-mined for network testing, bounties and early access rewards
  • Four active pools
  • Dedicated Block Explorer
  • Paper wallet generator is being developed

First I'd like to thank everyone that helped test our network and allowed us to get this far. All of you helped more than you can imagine. Between making sure the network is stable, to identifying documentation problems to getting mining instructions well documented. Thank You!

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”  Sign over Galt’s Gulch

John Galt concluded he would no longer use his talents to support an over regulated, hyper taxed, war ravaged, and welfare riddled society. The famous Ayn Rand protagonist created a community where scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs and others would come together to thrive. We believe that cryptocurrency is the first step to this community.

We created a currency not controlled by any single group, by a central authority, or government. A currency that is regulated by the markets, not a select few in secret. A currency that is open, and that encourages development, investment, thrift and savings. A currency that is portable, and not dependent on imaginary lines drawn by a state. That allows for individuals to work together or on their own.

GaltCoin is limited creating scarcity, only 42,000,000 coins will ever be made. GaltCoin is based on the scrypt algorithm, making it ASIC resistant. Initially 50 coins per block will be awarded.  This halves exactly every 420,000 blocks, which should by most estimates be about every 4 years.

Each coin is slowly released into the real-world economy through the “mining” process, which is similar to Bitcoin, involves the computation of mathematical problems (also known as “hashing”). This collective amount of computing power is used to create a secure, worldwide, decentralized ledger of accounting called the “blockchain”.

The blockchain is simply a globally maintained file that contains every transaction that has ever occurred on the GaltCoin network. This eliminates counterfeiting and spontaneous printing of money, since all GaltCoin units are accounted for at all times, albeit anonymously (per your choice).

Long Term Outlook
We are going with the initial par value of US$0.10/GaltCoin (GLT).  While par values are effectively meaningless (Berkshire Hathaway class A stock has a par value of $5 for example, and is hovering around $175,000 per share Smiley, we are setting the expectation that a GaltCoin is worth about said dime. We do not intend to make it directly linked to any given currency, nor in fact do we plan on making any valuation that wasn’t placed there by Adam Smith’s “Invisible Hand”, but we recognize you have to start somewhere.

We intend that GaltCoin’s major purposes will be twofold: firstly, to provide an alternative currency that is not tightly controlled by an oligarchy, we fully anticipate letting GaltCoin to its own devices on a relatively quick timescale, maybe a year at most, and we will not lightly make changes during that time. If we have to step in later to break up a Cabal, lord have mercy on them, for we won’t.

Secondly, we anticipate that there will be many things that Liberty-minded people will desire to acquire, and that nationalistic governments will oftentimes desire to know who is buying these things or ban the sale outright.  By taking the base of Bitcoin, whose major problem right now is the LAST people that should have access to large amounts of Bitcoin, the Feds, have seized a notable proportion of outstanding coin in the SR bust, adding some cultural pressures to always use tor and other best security practices, and through the very name of the coin reminding people that this is not an augmentation of nationalistic currencies but an attempt to replace them with something much better, we anticipate that GaltCoin will be positioned to be the premier currency for Liberty-minded marketeers.

While GaltCoin itself should not care on how legal the business that uses it is, the devteam has a strong desire to remain free to go where they listeth, so will focus on increasing GaltCoin’s acceptance in legal ventures.  Effectively, what we’d like to see happening in the medium-term is that Galtcoin is becomes enough of a store of value that it can be used to donate to Liberty-minded political candidates such as the Libertarian and Pirate Parties. Why Go Galt when we can bring the Galt to us?

We understand many will turn their nose at the coingen method we used to compile the code, but we've been happy with the service provided and it enabled us to build a coin that would have taken a lot more work to get off the ground. The idea of GaltCoin started with myself, and with the help of our devteam we were able to get the coin from idea to full public release in less than 4 weeks. While we did mine 1000 blocks to test our network, the vast majority of those 50,000 coins are in my wallet and have been used mainly for bounties rewards and paying people that helped us find and fix any bugs.

My personal view is that we will not negotiate directly with exchanges. If the exchanges, or users find the coin to be of value we will be happy to work with the exchanges to get them the documentation they need. As with anyone else looking to develop any related tools. We did run an open beta for approximately two weeks to allow us to have a couple of pools operating and to get a block explorer developed. This was a completely open test where anyone was able to join in mining, or developing their own tools.

Pools:

Block Explorer:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:18:13 AM

WTS 1000 GLT.

PM ME !!!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:21:47 AM

"blocks" : 13158,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.50968665,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

PREMINED!
plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:33:43 AM

PREMINED!

We mined 1000 blocks, and over the last week and half we've had an open beta allowing anyone to mine. Those blocks that have been mined have been mined by the public.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:40:23 AM

PREMINED!

We mined 1000 blocks, and over the last week and half we've had an open beta allowing anyone to mine. Those blocks that have been mined have been mined by the public.

Open beta?? wtf, not worth an ANN then just carry on with your last thread. Who would start mining this at this stage??? what a joker

plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:43:45 AM

PREMINED!

Open beta?? wtf, not worth an ANN then just carry on with your last thread. Who would start mining this at this stage??? what a joker

Because we're done with the last testing that we needed to do with the open beta. Honestly difficulty is still very low and we're not looking to build a pump and dump coin, but something a niche community will hopefully be interested in, not just people using arbitrage to make bitcoin.

peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:50:28 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426653.0

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:53:59 AM

This coin actually seems nice and well thoughtout. I can see you've put some time into it. Good luck.

Won't be able to mine this until my rig arrives so would appreciate some coins:

1NsvziA5bjWzWTVS4j7Df84nEnmLzceDif

Thanks!
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:55:18 AM

Only 1k block premine, no worries here
FreePls

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:57:32 AM

yea and once it hits a exchange the "open beta testers" dump away the 10000 blocks.. no thankss  Smiley

scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:58:07 AM

why do devs continue to premine even though they know it will ruin the coin?

are people that greedy?

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Acidyo

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:59:43 AM

why do devs continue to premine even though they know it will ruin the coin?

are people that greedy?

They announced the open beta 2 weeks ago, everyone could've mined. Your own fault you didn't see the thread.

10k blocks isn't even that bad if the dev would've mined it himself, as long as he does something good with it.
Acidyo

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:00:25 AM

Can't seem to connect to any nodes with the wallet, got any you could post here?
FreePls

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:01:14 AM

Can't seem to connect to any nodes with the wallet, got any you could post here?

listen=1
#daemon=1 #commented out because we recommend having it working as a non-daemon before you let it go unattended
server=1
discover=1 #unnecessary really unless you have tor, but no blood no foul
paytxfee=.00005
rpcuser=username  Create a Unique Name
rpcpassword=password And a Unique Password
rpcport=13337 #changed after many users had problems with the original default port.
rpcallowip=localhost #this is also redundant, but if you wnat to put in the CIDR of your local network, we'll make it easier for you
#proxy=127.0.0.1:9050 #used for tor, uncomment if you have tor running
addnode=67.55.182.1
addnode=97.115.186.169
addnode=173.17.128.213
addnode=69.138.205.52
addnode=201.184.70.220
addnode=192.241.172.121 #the seednode
addnode=mine.bardiharborow.tk
#addnode=ku5we7fr6mwkgog6.onion #tor hidden service of one of the devs nodes, uncomment if you have tor
#addnode=dhip3nykvwjr7jfg.onion #tor hidden service of the seednode

Acidyo

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:02:26 AM

listen=1
#daemon=1 #commented out because we recommend having it working as a non-daemon before you let it go unattended
server=1
discover=1 #unnecessary really unless you have tor, but no blood no foul
paytxfee=.00005
rpcuser=username  Create a Unique Name
rpcpassword=password And a Unique Password
rpcport=13337 #changed after many users had problems with the original default port.
rpcallowip=localhost #this is also redundant, but if you wnat to put in the CIDR of your local network, we'll make it easier for you
#proxy=127.0.0.1:9050 #used for tor, uncomment if you have tor running
addnode=67.55.182.1
addnode=97.115.186.169
addnode=173.17.128.213
addnode=69.138.205.52
addnode=201.184.70.220
addnode=192.241.172.121 #the seednode
addnode=mine.bardiharborow.tk
#addnode=ku5we7fr6mwkgog6.onion #tor hidden service of one of the devs nodes, uncomment if you have tor
#addnode=dhip3nykvwjr7jfg.onion #tor hidden service of the seednode

Thank you.
g4lt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:22:33 AM

"testnet"

Just like in life, you were a day late ann: false

PREMINED!

Just like in life, your post was a day late and a dollar short, a mere minute after someone that wasn't part of the dev team posted a WTS.  You could have mined during the open beta, but didn't, not our problem you couldn't get off your ass.
FreePls

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:24:05 AM

well i give it a try and rented some rigs for it  Wink

13k blocks.. tzz i have that in NO time back!  Cheesy

FoodForThePoor

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:28:09 AM

Just who is John Galt anyway?
FreePls

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:31:21 AM

Just who is John Galt anyway?

who cares, its a coin! you can mine it  Smiley

g4lt

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:47:07 AM

yea and once it hits a exchange the "open beta testers" dump away the 10000 blocks.. no thankss  Smiley

So?  You're a fool if you do any amount of trading a new coin the first week it's on the exchanges, coins are either hugely overvalued or hugely undervalued.  Wait until the coin stabilizes before you trade is my advice.  My actual advice here is: why sell at all?  Trading galtcoin for bitcoin or fiat isn't really what we intend for the coin at all.  We'd rather see actual tangible goods being traded for it than other currencies
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: