Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:16:10 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 12:46:11 PM by wizkid057
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Please see our website for all the latest details.
Members are encouraged to hang out on our IRC channel.

To use, just point your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 (or http://gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337 for GBT) with username set to the bitcoin address you want paid.

WARNING: Generations won't show up on your Instawallet, BTC-e, or many web-based wallet balances, so make sure you use the address of a standalone client, blockchain.info, or another wallet that has been confirmed to work with generation payouts.

If the pool has problems, call 1-877-281-POOL (7665) (or, from outside the USA or Canada, call +1 818-688-POOL (7665))

Donations for pool may be sent to: 1E1igiusfEjs1pCaGjEERExE9gYcrFwow7

BFGMiner: bfgminer -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O YourAddress

Note: This thread is continued from the previous thread found here. This new thread is a self-moderated thread.  I will try to refrain from utilizing this, however, unless obviously necessary to maintain on-topic and accurate information in this thread.  I will also make it a point to note in this thread any time I must delete a post and why.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:16:22 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 09:07:52 PM by wizkid057

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q. How are NMC payouts done? Are there any NMC stats?
    A. NMC payouts are done infrequently as time allows at the discretion of the pool operator.  Minimum payout is 0.1 NMC.  There are no stats for NMC.  Since NMC has been suffering a slow death, I'm not inclined to waste resources on coding for NMC stats.

• Q. How much is 105% NMC PPS?
    A. For every accepted share you submit to the pool you are rewarded (50/current_namecoin_difficulty)*1.05*work_difficulty NMC, where current_namecoin_difficulty is, obviously, the current namecoin block difficulty and work_difficulty is the difficulty of the work your miner is doing for Eligius (generally 4, 8, 16, 32, etc, depending on your hash rate).

• Q. How do I set a payout address for NMC (or other configuration options)?
    A. You use the My Eligius Control Panel to set your options.  You must use a bitcoin client or wallet provider capable of signing messages with the address you use as your Eligius username.  Instructions for doing this with Bitcoin-Qt are available here

To be updated as needed

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:22:49 AM

(reserved)

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:33:48 AM

Question to inaugurate the new thread: is there any way (i.e hidden API or anything) to track NMC earnings?

I have set my address in My Eligius yesterday but I didn't see anything show up in the stats or wherever. Haven't found anything in the FAQ either. Thanks!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:34:54 AM

Question to inaugurate the new thread: is there any way (i.e hidden API or anything) to track NMC earnings?

I have set my address in My Eligius yesterday but I didn't see anything show up in the stats or wherever. Haven't found anything in the FAQ either. Thanks!

Currently not, although it is on the TODO list.  NMC payouts currently just happen roughly once per day.

(Perhaps I should do an FAQ in my reserved post above, with this being the first! Smiley

baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:44:06 AM

As an option for periodically checking your NMC earnings without having to run a Namecoin wallet constantly, you can search for your NMC address here:

http://explorer.dot-bit.org/

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:21:48 AM

I like the FAQ idea, and the reserved posts for you and Luke-Jr. That should make information dissemination easier, and maybe cut down on some of the stupid questions (don't mean those posted regarding NMC stats posted right after this thread was started - those are good). While I'm not a fan of double posting and redundant work, perhaps a short blip taken from your site regarding your payment system may be useful, since I'm sure there are those who hear about your pool, join it, and are then confused about their payouts. Just kicking ideas around, though. Might save people from constantly saying, "Go read the description on the site!" Nevertheless, I like the FAQ, since when the time comes and I have a stupid question, the answer may be right there in front of me. Wink

I meant to mention this at an earlier date, but it was when you (WK) were working you ass off resolving the problems from last weekend or whenever that was, but do you, or anyone else, know if it was a specific batch from KnC that was causing users problems on your pool? I have an October Mercury, but I run several BFL units as well. I switched the KnC over first to check out your pool and used the standard URL/Port info using BFGminer 3.4.0 that was embedded in BertMod 3.0. I never experienced any problems whatsoever. In fact, since that was my test run and it all went so well, I switched all of my miners to Eligius. At some point I went to your actual homepage, and only then saw the info about KnC miners using the other port (after 3-4 days of testing, I think). Never had an issue there, obviously. My KnC died about 9 days ago, and I should be putting it back online tomorrow, if all goes according to plan. Is there any reason why I can't, or shouldn't, run that miner on the standard 3334 port? Of course if I notice issues on my end, I'll switch, but I also ask because I don't know enough about the background that led to your efforts of setting up a separate port for KnC users. Basically, I want to be sure that if I were to set it to the standard port that I wouldn't be potentially causing issues for the pool and other miners. (See, stupid question! lol) In seriousness, I don't know, and don't want to cause any problems. I'll likely go ahead and set it to the KnC designated port, but am simply curious. If the response requires an answer as long as this post (I always write like this, so my apologies to anyone why sticks with one of my posts all the way to the end), don't waste your energy on a detailed response. I won't be offended if this goes unanswered. I can always dig through the old thread when I have an hour or two to spare. If it's an easy response, I'd be grateful to have it. Again, don't expend much energy on me, since I can instructions already given.
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:19:04 AM

I'm happy to see the new thread.

Smiley

[This prime first page real estate reserved for future use and no, it's not space for advertising, so please don't ask  Grin ]

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:31:50 AM

Are any stats available on your shelved shares, and where they are in the shelved share queue? Raw data would probably be too much, but something like a list filled with x number of shelved shares worth y BTC from block z, and the shelved share queue depth to that point?
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:28:59 AM

the patch cgminer wk developed for kncminer oct is out ?

looking job
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:49:05 AM

In on the first page to say that Eligius is the most stable BTC pool I've used in the year I've been mining.  I started off on Slush's, then BTCGuild, then Eclipse, P2Pool, and even some time on GHash.io. 

I keep on coming back to Eligius as my primary pool.

Keep up the hard work guys. Smiley
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:21:14 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 03:55:50 PM by crashoveride54902

Yay the donation % works...now i can donate to the pool Smiley Thanks for all your hard work on this pool WK...And its getting greater every day!!!

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
brox

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:37:40 PM

Is it too complicated to add some more shitforks for merged mining?

Save dolphins! Donate to 1BTC4brox2pd14QubXGsXwarp9zV9tc8CZ
Mine Bitcoins in the cloud at cex.io
un_ordinateur

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:01:28 PM

Is it too complicated to add some more shitforks for merged mining?

luke-jr won't support merged mining of any alt-coin, because they believe they are mostly scams/people trying to make easy money of the success of bitcoin without brigning any "new" ideas/innovation. Thus they don't want to support those systems.

They -do- support namecoins, exactly because it is a system that does bring something new/different, being not only a unit of money, but a name reservation system.

From the old thread:

(...)
^ This is a pretty good explanation.  Thanks.

Thank you! Cheesy And thanks for running such a great pool. And thanks for luke0jr (I guess?) for coming up with such a great payment system!

1) When I look at the payment queue I see at number 1 "2 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours and 14 minutes"
Why is the payment for the miner so late? Or do I misunderstand something?

That means that the last payment that user got was 2 weeks, 5 days, ... ago. But the user might still have been in the queue for a few minutes, if he just got over his payment the treshold.

Even though the shares themselves are rewarded most-recent-first, once a user has accumulated enough reward that he gets in the payout queue, the payment system prioritizes people who have not been payed the longest, whatever their payment amount is.
un_ordinateur

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Also, if I may ask, I have a few tiny suggestions that should be really easy to add, but would improve the stats, I believe.

1. On the home page of the stats, you put at the bottom the PPS value-per-share. But I think it is a really important value that would deserve to be put in the header alongside the pool hashrate/round luck/time... Or at least, put on userstats pages with the estimate of daily earnings.

2. Putting a link to the payout queue in the top menu, with "Home", "My eligius", etc...

3. Moving the GitHub link to the footer, or put it on the home page. (I don't believe that the GitHub is something the users will frequently go to, so it doesn't need such a proeminent place)

4. Putting a link to the configurable options in the userstats page.

5. In fact, change the "structure" of My Eligius so that clicking on "My Eligius" prompts for a user's address; inputting the address brings you directly to the userstats page, from which there would be a link to the configurable options, or to "logout"/change address. I believe it would be "cleaner", faster to navigate the site than with the intermediate "menu" page that you get once you "logged" in.

6. In the pool-wide stats page (Home), put a graph of the "historical" luck, so we know if recently, we have been increasing of decreasing the amount of shelved shares.

7. In userstats page, you put the percentage of shares rewarded, but it would be great if you could also put the "value" of the shelved share, so one knows that if he were to leave the pool NOW, he should expect to be, eventuelly, payed out that amount of BTC when the pool gets lucky. It can be calculated from the other displayed stats, but I think it is an important value.

But don't get me wrong, I love the pool! Theses are just suggestions, you do what you want.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

Also, if I may ask, I have a few tiny suggestions that should be really easy to add, but would improve the stats, I believe.

1. On the home page of the stats, you put at the bottom the PPS value-per-share. But I think it is a really important value that would deserve to be put in the header alongside the pool hashrate/round luck/time... Or at least, put on userstats pages with the estimate of daily earnings.

2. Putting a link to the payout queue in the top menu, with "Home", "My eligius", etc...

3. Moving the GitHub link to the footer, or put it on the home page. (I don't believe that the GitHub is something the users will frequently go to, so it doesn't need such a proeminent place)

4. Putting a link to the configurable options in the userstats page.

5. In fact, change the "structure" of My Eligius so that clicking on "My Eligius" prompts for a user's address; inputting the address brings you directly to the userstats page, from which there would be a link to the configurable options, or to "logout"/change address. I believe it would be "cleaner", faster to navigate the site than with the intermediate "menu" page that you get once you "logged" in.

6. In the pool-wide stats page (Home), put a graph of the "historical" luck, so we know if recently, we have been increasing of decreasing the amount of shelved shares.

7. In userstats page, you put the percentage of shares rewarded, but it would be great if you could also put the "value" of the shelved share, so one knows that if he were to leave the pool NOW, he should expect to be, eventuelly, payed out that amount of BTC when the pool gets lucky. It can be calculated from the other displayed stats, but I think it is an important value.

But don't get me wrong, I love the pool! Theses are just suggestions, you do what you want.

1. I considered this, but since CPPSRB is not actually straight PPS, prominently displaying a maximum potential PPS value would likely be confusing.  Even displaying it where it is has already caused confusion and I've considered just removing it entirely.

2. The large button seems to break the style.  The layout needs an overhaul...

3. See #2

4. There is, My Eligius

5. Maybe.  The stats are being redone and integrated into a new single site soon anyway. (spoiler)

6. Historical luck doesn't actually have any affect on future earnings or make any real sense to display in more detail than it already is (luck % for each block, variance graph), so its a next-to-useless stat IMO.  I did put the estimated earnings/variance graph on the main page already, though, to show that things even out as they should.

7. This was the case before, and people, again, just got confused thinking that the pool in some way owed them or was otherwise cheating them out of the value of the shelved shares.  Since the switch to a percentage, which is actually a much more useful stat, there has been much less confusion.

-wk

Edit: Clarified #6

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:42:45 AM

280.06510396 BTC in manual payments applied to balances from tx 01c17411ff6a4278ada87c28dad74b9d1e79c799743fd2d63dac945645123ab3

freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:45:53 AM

Wow, I just noticed that the last block (0000000000000000a7d0521b7fe409c823c9cf00a964a99c59e57fa3b4d8dfc2) was one of the luckiest in pool history at 30sec... there have been a couple of those in the last few weeks. Could the increase in the asics now in circulation have anything to do with this or is it overall pool hashrate or the increased number of miners? Or is it just my noob (not very in-depth) view of the stats?

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:47:35 AM

Wow, I just noticed that the last block (0000000000000000a7d0521b7fe409c823c9cf00a964a99c59e57fa3b4d8dfc2) was one of the luckiest in pool history at 30sec... there have been a couple of those in the last few weeks. Could the increase in the asics now in circulation have anything to do with this or is it overall pool hashrate or the increased number of miners? Or is it just my noob (not very in-depth) view of the stats?

It is quite simply just luck, which varies greatly in either direction.  The fastest block ever for Eligius was block 277,885 ... which was mined 3 seconds after 277,884. Wink

-wk

freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:52:01 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 12:04:45 PM by freebit13

It is quite simply just luck, which varies greatly in either direction.  The fastest block ever for Eligius was block 277,885 ... which was mined 3 seconds after 277,884. Wink

-wk
Yeah I noticed that and that block was mined on: 2013-12-31 09:01:22. Almost all of the "quickest" blocks from that one to the one just now were mined in the last 4 months or so... since the rise of the asics... it could also just be pure luck...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: