Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:52:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
Abrefatotherescue

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:37:53 AM

Some do not vote due to religious constraints. But on the larger scale, most people are tired of the same political schemes these candidates throw at them. Politicians are trying to lowball them and when these politicians are kicked out of office, the new ones end up what the previous government did. Maybe in a different way. So in the end, we all get tired of them. After all, they all have the same outcome, so why bother voting.
Jane Moore

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:08:06 PM

Because they think that it can't change anything. I think millennials are more independent and socially aware in this case.
oxygensignatureR

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:19:25 PM

Sometimes there is a leftist party that is not very wise especially economically, a right party that is not very social and some middle partys that are totally corrupted and dont serve their own people anymore but some higher instances like a Brussels government. Then if you have to choose between them you might decide that it is better not to choose any of them.
chanaka1993

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:55:50 PM

Because they haven't knowledge about the potential of their vote. They are thinking they can't change their life by voting and A vote cannot be solving their problems.
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

Very much agree with the "You don't vote - then stop whining!" approach. And my view is that people tend to be just lazy, especially intellectuals. That's how many populists came into power by dropping empty promises that fall on ignorant ears.
That said, I've read about some blockchain technologies, utilizing Smart Contracts, that would allow at some point in the future to vote confidently from home. Maybe that would increase the voter turnout (and that should scare so many politicians who never deliver on their promises...).
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

Why should people waste their time to go and vote when is useless to do so.Corrupt politicians will always deceive people to vote them into power and they will show their true colours. Due to this,most people see it useless nowadays to go and vote. They will rather not vote than to go and vote for corrupt people.
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:39:15 PM

Why should people waste their time to go and vote when is useless to do so.Corrupt politicians will always deceive people to vote them into power and they will show their true colours. Due to this,most people see it useless nowadays to go and vote. They will rather not vote than to go and vote for corrupt people.

How about run for office yourself? Smiley If I constantly see MP being bad - that's what I would do...
Kapee

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 12:41:35 AM

Considering my country for instance, voting always takes four years interval and most people decide not to vote. I had some discussion with some of them and they verbalized that it is only the creator who can select a leader and nit we human beings. I was shocked and asked myself that will the creator come physically to elect the leader? I kept quiet and departed since each and every one has different doctrine and ideologies. Do you vote?

TWOGAP // Thriving Cryptocurrency Market With Cryptobonds
kikuka

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

"Nothing will change" is the most important thing. This is the disappointment of our population in politics as such. people do not see the possibility of influencing something (and in this case it exists, although a good life does not come at once, and the pumpkin will not turn into a coach in a single hour - this is the guarantee of the work, day after day). But it is also beneficial for the "authorities" that a frustrated society does not interfere in their "politics".

This disappointment is more characteristic of the representatives of the older generation who have seen many things, but my peers also say so.

In this statement, of course, there is a drop of maximalism. Overnight, nothing really changes, everything is built gradually. We can influence this construction by choosing more professional and responsible politicians. Sometimes it needs to be done just to make it not worse.
StopTheNewWorldOrder

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:08:57 PM

Voting is rigged anyway, Stanford U. reverse engineered the hack Diebold built into their voting machines. The guy that wrote the code testified in Ohio court hearings about the Jeb Bush voting scandal in Florida, funny that wasn't front page news.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:35:52 PM

They have become like some type of enemy, points below

1) You can always find corruption - 100 years of evidence

2) Less and Less we own homes, no shelter - 100 years of evidence

3) War after War faked - 100 years of evidence

4) Politicians playing childish games - 100 years of evidence

5) 66 million dead in Russia (Bolshevik revolution) - hardly anyone knows

6) Debt, debt and more debt

7) Constantly hiding information

Cool Systems in place that take forever

9) more and more disease that we have no idea how to cure any of it (always a vaccine though)

10) We have known about pollution for centuries, yet they still destroy more natural habitats and waterways (secret shhhh - trees and fresh water create air)

I could go on

But it just keeps coming back to one realization

Our governments are killing us

sad but true

I must now look to implementing my own Health, Education, Financial, Trade, Manufacturing, Food/Water systems

sucks but the truth of it,

my family generation after generation will continue to be subjected to unwarranted jabbing, financial distress and pollution

Grin
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:59:30 AM

All these comments solidify the fact that most of us have lost faith in the voting system. Not only that, but politicians continually fail to put the needs of its citizens first. Why vote when it's already rigged? Why vote when the people in office will just use taxpayer's money for personal gain? Why vote when the government has failed to properly enforce environmental policies?
We only have ourselves to rely on, and that makes it more of a challenge --dealing with dead-end careers, family life, healthcare, the environment, etc.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 01:58:24 AM

Seriously if voting would change something ... it would be illegal for a long time.
People don't vote, abstain more and more, because whatever political alignment gets the power, shit only gets worse and worse ...

People are tired.
gstar - ross

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:42:52 AM

I think it depends on which country you are referring to? From what I know, many southeast asian countries are very engrossed with voting. They would not miss out on the chance of getting to vote.

One big factor in my opinion. It depends on how corrupted the citizens view its government in power. For instance, if the citizens feel that the government is corrupted and many shady things are done frequently, going out to vote would be a waste of time in their point of view because they know it would not matter. I know some countries who are in that situation (no names shall be given here, let you guys ponder) and almost a third of the population wouldn't even bother voting simply because they feel that the entire system is rigged already right from the start.
Wonder Delight

Activity: 252
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:28:32 AM

People lost faith in politics. Politicians are not working for the people, they are earning for their selfish luxury life. People tax is used by the politicians for all their selfish needs. Politicians are corrupted! So People think Why to vote for the corrupted politicians?
2tf

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:42:26 AM

People are tired of the same thing every period. Unfulfilled promises, corruption of public money and fewer opportunities for people outside political power circles.
IGNation

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:10:10 PM

I have a brother who hates to vote because he think its useless that one vote will not change a thing, he believes that his vote is nothing but we try to convince him but nothing happen until now. I think people try not to involve in something they don't want to believe, it's just a matter of believing in the person you try to elect in a position that will surely affect the community but if you think no one reach your standard then don't vote it's also your freedom to choose not to vote if you think it's useless.

godable

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

People vote because they are operating under democratic government, which simply mean "Government of the People, by the people and for the people." As citizens, it's our primary obligation to vote in leaders who have our interests in their hearts as their first priority. Also, to exercise our rights as legal citizens.
Strongball

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:00:03 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

Voting is indeed our duty and responsibility as citizens to our nation, it's a freedom that we must
not take for granted so easily. A lot are preaching and talking about change, votes account for
that especially on election days. I think some citizens won't cast their votes simply because they
have no desire to be a part of change and they've lost faith in themselves, the system, the government
and maybe the whole process too.
Sakshimishra97

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:33:59 PM

The problem is lack of education about the rights of the people. The people are uneducated about how they could lead a country to a better level. They are unaware about their rights.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: