Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

You know why?? People running for a certain political position doesn't deserve to be voted. I will not vote unless the candidates deserve my vote, if the candidates aren't worthy, why waste a vote?? You just put your country in trouble if you voted a wrong candidate. Imagine, 2-3 years of service, still worthless. No productive campaign, and even trash propaganda. You're just wasting your time and effort if you voted a person that is worthless. Do not sell your country to a worthless man who just want money and power.
tatalin

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

https://burst.money/

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:59:05 PM

I know how important our voting rights. But maybe they have their own reasons why they didn't. Maybe they just don't want to vote because they don't want the people running for the election. They prefer not to vote rather than voting the person they don't want just to say that they vote. I think voting should not be mandatory but should be optional. It should be based on the discretion of the voter. (it's my opinion)

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
mboileau

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:21:27 PM

People don't vote because they don't think their vote will have a change in the results of the election, so they are discouraged by the voting or most of them have no interest in the voting so they enjoy the holiday and rest at the home.
Scoobers

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:41:31 PM

People don't vote because they don't think their vote will have a change in the results of the election, so they are discouraged by the voting or most of them have no interest in the voting so they enjoy the holiday and rest at the home.

I agree with this and these are also the people that complain the most about the state of the country / economy etc.
I make sure I always vote as we are lucky to be in a democracy and to have a say in who runs our country.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
aziie110

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:29:22 AM

I think some time peoples disappointed too much from both the parties who are campaigning for the election the both were when corrupt and you know they are corrupt when you feel disappoint and you don't feel ready to vote any one,
Starfranko

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:17:41 AM

Voter apathy is a prevailing problem in many democracies. The reasons are not far-fetched. In countries where election rigging has become a recurring decimal most voters feel that going to polls is a wasted effort since politicians would always determine the outcome whether they turn up for voting or not.
Starfranko

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:35:37 AM

But the moment election umpires become neutral arbiters and stop being partisan voters will be encouraged to voters knowing that their votes and not the dentimes of the government in power will determine the outcome of elections
Starfranko

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:45:14 AM

But the fact that voters are disappointed with the antiques of politicians should not be reason enough why the should not vote. I think democracy is a great tool for development. Without voting and popular expression of will by voters democracy is as good as dead.
kajiado

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:30:17 AM

As someone previously stated, elections are a major circus in some countries, especially African countries. The only way the electorate ever gets money is during the elections so they wait vote the person that gives them more money.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

Why people don't vote? The real question is, "Why DO people vote?"

Consider, there are two basic forms of voting. These are:
1. Voting within the system for voting, and;
2. Voting to not have the voting system.

A system of voting might be a good idea in some circumstance and under some conditions and for some people. But it is bad under other conditions and for other people. Let me show you a bad one, as follow.

You are a worker. Is your body your property? Yes, it is.

You expend some of your energy in the form of work. In other words, you give your employer some of your property, and he gives you some of his property in trade - your paycheck.

You save up part of your paycheck property for years, and buy a house with it. The house is paid off; you own it; it is your property.

If you pay property taxes, you are giving some of your property to government. If you don't, a bunch of people who DID pay property taxes, have supported a government that will come and steal your house property just to get property taxes from you.

Well, was it your property or not? If you were the one who worked for it, and if you don't have a contract with someone else that they own your property, why did Government steal your property?

If you vote for your city council and mayor, you are voting for jokers who will enforce your taxation (the stealing of your property), and then use your property that they stole from you to steal the property of other people. Is this what you want? Do you really want the continued stealing of private property? Because that is really what it is.

If you want to be part of a system that builds things that use your tax money, your taxes are really donations. VOTE!

But if you are part of the group that doesn't support those things, require a pass for those people to use such things, and make them pay double for the pass. Don't steal their property from them, because they VOTED to be outside the system of voting, simply by not voting within it. Simply don't let them use the things that you and your group paid for.

Get rid of forced stealing of people's property in whatever form it exists in, 'cause that is what taxation is. And voting supports taxation.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Stalin_and_Lenin

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:00:32 PM

I believe that everything in the government is paid for. I myself am from Russia, and we have Putin elected for several terms in a row. Stability or regularity? ... I go to the polls.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

I agree with this and these are also the people that complain the most about the state of the country / economy etc.
I make sure I always vote as we are lucky to be in a democracy and to have a say in who runs our country.

It can't be helped, there are still people who give up  because of the government too, they felt like there is no good person in the government that could lead the country effectively.  You could still hear a lot of complaints about them even though they themselves doesn't have any positive contributions to the society.

msadikot53

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:22:58 AM

In a country with rich diversity like India, getting people to vote is a real challenge. There are a lot of aspects to it as below:
  • Unawareness for the system.
  • Voting system is very rigid considering the geographical and cultural barriers.
  • People get discouraged by anti-social elements that are politically motivated.
  • Democracy is pretty new and hence people are not used to the idea of voting.
  • Sometimes people believe their vote would not matter in the result.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:50:59 AM

I believe that everything in the government is paid for. I myself am from Russia, and we have Putin elected for several terms in a row. Stability or regularity? ... I go to the polls.

Smart leaders in Russia especially, know what happens when they force their people to work too hard. They get a collapse like the USSR in 1990. So, to have a successful government, they have to learn what amount of limited freedom their people are willing to accept. You are showing them.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:54:54 AM

In a country with rich diversity like India, getting people to vote is a real challenge. There are a lot of aspects to it as below:
  • Unawareness for the system.
  • Voting system is very rigid considering the geographical and cultural barriers.
  • People get discouraged by anti-social elements that are politically motivated.
  • Democracy is pretty new and hence people are not used to the idea of voting.
  • Sometimes people believe their vote would not matter in the result.

The British introduced common law through the jury into India. The people wouldn't accept it because of religious reasons. Democracy is simply dictatorship by the many (many people in government) rather than by one dictator. Nobody wants democracy once they realize what it is. This is why the Britts left India. They were kicked out by the Indians, because they were practicing too much democracy, and not enough common law by jury.

Cool

gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:09:14 AM

may reasons one of them nothing will change if they both government will still not help them for their needs and wants, another one is there is no good candidate to vote, some is only voting nit because they like the candidate but because of lesser evil or they don't want the other guy to win.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
alyssaxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:10:31 PM

In what is happening in every country right now people don't have trust anymore. Befire elections those candidates have a lot of vision and misdions to fulfill once they've been elected but once they've seated to the office they've forgot everything what they've promised. Why? For the reason that they've became greedy to earn more and abuse their position and become corrupt.

Don't you think is there any government officials who are righteous and doing their job?
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:24:23 PM

Some people do not vote because they think they are not right to select a leader and it is only God who chooses.
It’s mostly because they feel that there is actually no difference at all between the people are running for power and most of the time it’s true because they come out and promise a lot of things and in the end they don’t deliver nothing at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
letstalkbitcoin2

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:09:01 AM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!
offcourse people realise and understand that voting is thier civic responsibility and how powerful the suppose right could be but voters like myself dont bother to come out on election day to excercise such constitutional right because at the end of the day your vote dont count, there is already a prearranged election, where by the candidate has been chosen, the election is just for eye say, then what is the essence of coming out to vote when my vote wont count?
AnimalRule

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

Sometimes people think that elections are already decides before they have even started and they decide not to vote because think their vote will not change anything.
But that is completely wrong attitude, you have to fully use your right to vote and try to change the situation in your country and society for the better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: