Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
xeno94

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:40:30 PM

In my opinion, due to experience, people don't get to vote because they fear for their life. Some persons tend to be violent which could bear violence as such risking the lives of the innocent that came to vote.
Also some believe the election is already decided bfr the actual day of election.
No fairness...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Scoobers

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:09:46 AM

I used to have voter's apathy and never voted because I thought to myself "My vote won't make a difference" and I think it's the reason most people don't vote.
The thing that puts me off of voting the most is not agreeing with the manifesto of the candidates / parties. I agree with some of the policies of some of them and disagree with others so for me there isn't an ideal choice.
There is also a feeling that parties lie just to get the vote (and do not stick to their pledges) and this puts a lot of people off of voting.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
neya

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

Some people dont vote maybe because they dont like the politicians who run for that position.or they dont believe to their leaders.but for me its my right to vote and its an obligation.and i necer regret that i vote our president now.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

There are reasons why people don't vote. Some people don't know about the voting. So, they don't have any reason to try.

Other people aren't allowed to vote, because they are not a part of the group that makes up the voting process.

Still others are too lazy, or have something more important to do (they think) when the polls are open.

But, those people who know about voting AND could vote, but don't, actually DO vote when they don't vote. By not voting, they are voting to do away with the voting and/or the whole system. Their vote is against the voting process if they don't vote. I mean, you can't vote and state that voting is wrong at the same time, except if the voting question is what is being voted on.

If 100% of the people didn't vote, what would happen to the system? It would dissolve, of course. It might be immediately replaced by something else. But it would dissolve regarding the form it had been in. The question is, what's the fewest non-voters that you would have to have to get the system to dissolve? 90% of the voters? 80%?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:25:24 AM

I think many people are not educated enough, they don't understand they way politics works so they vote for the so called favorites or do not vote at all. more attention should be put towards educating people
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:40:01 AM

Choosing or not choosing it depends on the confidence of our conscience in determining the best, in fact, there are several reasons why we do not choose. The first one in my opinion because I do not know the leader of the head of state, with this, makes the public do not use the right to vote. The second in my opinion because of the leader of the head of state candidate ever case, of course, we choose to find the best, honest and affection society because it uses the right to vote it depends on our hearts.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:39:09 AM

I was once them (who did not vote). the things I think about then, what do I choose? there will not be a big change in me when I choose between them, it just wasting my time just sleeping and watching tv, I do not know them, in fact I never meet them. that's what I think of then, maybe a lot of people who also think the same as me
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:44:07 PM

Here my country there are people who don't care voting at all, yeah they never realize that it is their right to vote to choose their own leader.

But I asked one of them, he said "I'm tired of cycles" basically he vote and the official that will sit will just do the same thing and that is corruption. He generalize all officials that way, too sad.  Undecided

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 05:50:24 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

In our country, democracy is only a beautiful word and a circus that is shown to us!
We all understand that freedom of law, freedom of speech, freedom of choice is great, but when the 4 presidential elections are held according to the written scenario - people just give up!
There can be no such thing that the President gets 80% of the votes in the elections - and in fact no one will ask-everyone hates him and voted for another!
Therefore, 40% of citizens go to the elections and nothing depends on them!

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
Deimos030

Activity: 71
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:27:39 PM

I am from the younger generation and when i go to elections i cant identify with any party and have to vote for a party which is less worse than the other.... so i can understand people dont voting ...

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Nathan_Weymouth

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

I dunno, I think a lot of the youth just aren't interested, which is sad.

My teachers all of my school career have, believe it or not, have tried to discourage my student body to not vote. They always told us it wouldn’t matter anyway, which is so not true.
It’s called disenfranchisement, for instance it’s going on right now with the Ike victims. People are telling them they aren’t allowed to vote since they no longer have a residence, but in reality all they need to do is list their current shelter as their current residence and there’s no problem, but people are tying to tell them otherwise.
fafnir_8nt

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:09:57 PM

I think the main reason that people don't vote is due to their lack of interest in politics and some of them believe that whoever they vote they will end up still suffering  the same issues they are suffering even before they vote. Maybe there are also others that just don't care but most of them must have their interests regarding politics vanish because of the issues that was discovered but was never resolved due to their power and money.
Glyphotex

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 05:55:16 PM

In my country, people don't vote because most times their votes doesn't count. Corrupt politicians will always maneuver their way to winning.
acedia

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:23:48 PM

Ummm...
There are some many countries where democracy is just a circus. I can absolutely understand why people do not believe in democracy anymore and prefer to stay home instead of going to vote for someone they don't believe in.
Platon wrote "Democracy is the tyranny of the ignorant people", for he thought you can make people stupid enough so they vote for the worst candidates, and this is kind of true...
Anyway, look at the world. The common feeling I see in the people is dejection. Humanity is losing the hope in the future, for the present is chaotic and unfair. Maybe is just that: people can't see the point of going to vote anymore, for everything is a big circus and they have the feeling they can do nothing about.
Maybe they are right, perhaps they are wrong. I just understand the feeling.

I totally agree! The circus everywhere and demonstrations for the people. Who to vote for? I'm not satisfied with any candidate.There is no "against all" in my country. Anyway, the winner is the one who should and not who is actually elected by the people. I do not believe in fair elections in any country of the world
Separate_Bass

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:16:37 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!
I agree that the opportunity to choose representatives of the authorities is not just a right, but a duty and a big responsibility. In my country people are very skeptical about elections. They do not believe in honest politicians, honest elections. My fellow citizens believe that all politicians are the same (lying, corrupt). Therefore, they think elections are a waste of time. They believe that their voice does not affect what is happening in the country. People are passive, because they are too often disappointed.
Cryptomindset

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:19:38 AM

Some individuals believe they don’t understand enough about either the government, the election process or individual party policies to vote and also Without the right political education, people don’t feel able to engage with politics. 
Brucexavier

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:06:46 AM

Some individuals who are interested in politics and even support a political party, don’t vote because they feel their vote would be wasted. Believing that the election will be rigged causing their votes Not to count.
Vashti

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:51:26 PM

Most of us is in the hospital with contagious sickness that we are not allowed to go to public places until we finish the medication, that's one reason I miss up my right to votes lat election because out of know where I have my chicken pax... health issue is one...
milkiWay45

Activity: 54
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

I think the major reason people don't vote is that they don't believe their vote can change anything. What can 1 vote change when there are millions of others? People are much more willning to vote in case of direct democracy as it is in Switzerland where the majority of issues is decided on the level of cantons (counties) and not on federal level. That way people can cleary see how their vote and attitude matters as they influence the concrete area they are living in.
reachtrp

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:00:28 PM

Platon wrote "Democracy is the tyranny of the ignorant people", for he thought you can make people stupid enough so they vote for the worst candidates, and this is kind of true...

Yes but, democracy in Plato's time is dramatically different than democracy today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: