Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

Maybe they don't believe their vote actually counts for anything? Maybe they don't believe in any of their elected officials? I certainly don't. People usually vote for people based on few key things they've promised and keep harping on about, yet they ignore everything else that they're going to do whilst in office and you have absolutely no say in that. Do you get to choose whether you go to war or not? Nope. Where the tax money is spent? Nope. It's all well and good voting for people because they'll say they'll stop wars or build walls, but they usually don't even actually do the things they promised and will actually even do a load of other stuff you disagree with that they never even mentioned prior to getting elected. How is that democracy? It's like getting to choose your own executioner or you having the choice between taking a punch to the dick or face, so you vote for the lesser or two evils, but they end up doing both anyway and fucking you in the ass as well. That's not democracy to me. I think we just have the illusion of democracy, especially when you consider most politicians are corrupt and are in the pockets of whoever financed their campaigns in the first place and when they get any sort of power they need to start passing laws and giving tax breaks to their financiers because that's how it works. So that's why I don't vote. Maybe I will if the system ever changes or I actually believe in a politician but I don't that's going to happen anytime soon if ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Merritt_Baldric

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:19:51 AM

Politicians are so corrupted that people do not believe anymore. We vote because we want things to change. Unfortunately, when people become powerful, that forget about the population. They first do their business and make money. The population worldwide is suffering. Politicians keep playing with them just for their vote. In this case, it is normal to see frustrated people. How can you vote when you know that it will not change a thing? It is true when you see the situation in many countries. We think that we can chance the leaders of our countries but at the end, you change nothing. The leaders might be different,but the system is the same. We should vote to change the system, not leaders.
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:02:17 AM

I suppose I don't vote either.I don't see the point.They'll decide without me anyway.There is no democracy.Democracy is effective with a population of 5,000.Where everyone knows the candidates on their cases and not on the words.Every year there are some new deputies and all promise how everything will be good.But in the end, as soon as he chose, and he did not remember that promised.Election is show
Luke_Turner

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:55:32 AM

I think people are losing faith in the government. But what they be believing is in themselves, because in actual fact it doesnt matter who is in power, all that matters if you are self empowered, then it wont matter who is heading the government because you will be financially free and your income wont matter on them. I personally dont vote and if i do I vote for the opposition, so that the party in charge can pull up their socks.
HI KITTY

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!
Everyone is deserve to vote, we have the privilege to register and choose were in favor of. yeah its right that if you vote you will complain and if not don't complain! It a matter of choice.  Most of the time, people vote because they are against with the issue of the country. So, if the Government policies are not implemented in right ways they conduct rally therefore, if there is an election they vote for a changed.
PSYCHE0317

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:17:13 PM

There are many other reasons people might not vote — from anger at the government to concern that being a registered voter will make the government more likely to call them up for jury duty.  Some says it doesn't make sense at all because at the end of the day those who have plenty of  money will still win in the election.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:29:36 PM

In choosing to have a very difficult role for us. Making a decision is sure we think of negative and positive effects because we choose people we trust as leaders. Sometimes democratic participants give false promises to the community and this has the effect of losing the public's trust in choosing political participants.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
fluxer

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:55:10 AM

So many people see it as time spent for almost no reason. With electoral colleges and mass voting, they feel like a single vote won't matter, so why vote? That's what goes through my mind.
Kimberley_Isham

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:43:31 AM

There are certainly a lot of reasons to not vote. The political setup is most countries of the world today is really messed up. It will take a lot of time and effort to even effect a very little change. And some people might honestly have just lost faith in the whole system. They do not believe that any of the candidates or aspirants for office have anything to offer the general populace. So, what is the point in wasting your time then? Others in less developed countries even think that their votes don't count, elections are rigged anyway. Honestly, if you consider that your votes don't count or none of the candidates is time-worthy, what is the point in voting in the end?
BadriShubladzeS

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:04:50 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

People don't vote because they don't know how important is their part in elections.
Herdawnia

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:41:32 PM

I have a lot of friends that preferred not to vote because they don't feel like being responsible if the one who won is not good enough. They wanted to be neutral. But in my opinion they're not making decision only because they can't find the one who can represent their agenda they choose not to vote in order not to add up to the wrong mindset of wrong people.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:38:02 AM

Some people don’t vote because they think they won’t benefit from it. They think even if they vote the person they want, he/she won’t win and nothing is going to happen. They also think whoever even sits in that position won’t change anything because if someone already has, we will never need another election. Think about it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
princejohn19

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:44:10 AM

Why people dont vote? I thinks because of lack of interest and some people have more knowledge about it and another reason is because of their religion.
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:54:17 PM

My dear friend in the part of the world where I am from, my voting is just to fulfill all righteousness otherwise no point voting in a situation where rigging of election is the order of the day. The government in power never cares if the masses are for him or against him. And why it is like this is because the so called leaders manipulate their ways in without any form of plan of what they intend to do for the masses. They equally go there for the sake of their families. So you see them employing their relatives into different governmental positions whether they are qualified or not is not their concern. They stop at nothing but ensure they are there to embezzle money and in their own term secure the future via the embezzled funds for their children and generations after them. It is a very serious issues and no honour given to democracy in the case.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:50:22 PM

It is true that every person has their rights to vote, but they don't want to. And why is that? The reason is because they disappointed by the fake promises made by campaign leader. They feel like this is just a formality. The other reason could be they didn't really know the candidate, their profile, their vision and mission. Also the other reason could be lack of feeling that we are all one. Together we build the country, but it seems like they didn't know that.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:33:53 PM

We do vote everyday. We vote with our purchases and decisions. By which industry we choose to support and what we choose to do with our lives. We have more power than we think and unfortunately, voting for political figures usually doesn't change the root causes of many issues.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:59:15 PM

Well, you have a point but not everything you said is agreeable. People are tired of false promises. Politicians are making too good to be true promises, promising the moon and the stars but after they get the position, non of those promises are implemented. People are tired and they dont believe anymore, besides one of the reasons is, they know already what is going to happen so they consider voting useless.

Futility of being

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:31:30 AM

Apolitical amoebas
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

So do you think people should be forced to vote? Surely it's also your democratic right not to vote if you don't wish to, unless you live in one of those silly countries that forces people to do so by law. If I was forced to vote I would vote for the worst possible candidate as a protest vote and that's actually what many people do when they're forced to. Why even force people to vote who have no interest in doing so? Someone with no knowledge or interest in politics obviously isn't going to make an informed choice. I think those who blindly think their democracy is a great thing and people should vote no matter what are quite naive. Often your vote really doesn't make a difference depending on the type of voting system and you end up having to choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Look at the last US election. There were people voting for Hilary Clinton who actually despised her and everything she stood for, but they believed she would be the most competent over the complete buffoon and phony that is Trump, but would she have been any better? I doubt it. In fact, she may have been much worse and I'm almost certain that she would have started more wars over her term. So yeah, if you don't want to vote then I don't think you should be telling people they should.  
@oweljayr

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:21:15 PM

Probably the most significant reason why some people are not voting is that they are already sick and tired of choosing and voting when the results are just the same and no life changes all through years.  I am an expatriate, I have not voted for the passed 13 years in every elections in our country, certainly because I never had the chance to register as well and did not hesitate as well in going to our embassy to register.  I could say I have lost 13 years of my rights as a citizen of my country.  Now that I am going for good from my job abroad and decided to settle in my country, then I could get that opportunity to express my rights during every coming elections.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: