Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
Helena Ruben
Copper Member

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:26:31 AM

There are so many reasons... apolitical people, countries where people don't believe their vote make difference.
Third world countries - never had clear political voting system. And in most countries such a Belarus, Central Asia - people know who will be their president in next n-years ... sad but true. Good topic btw, not related to crypto but anyway..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shaftdel

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:20:06 PM

This is a question that required critical attention and to be critically examined, if really someone want to be objective and truthful. Though voting is the right of every eligible citizens of every country. yet, citizens were not allowed to exercise their right as a citizen and to decide who is their candid leader.

The election is marred with fraud and rigging. A times, the election is characterized with insecurity, choice of candidate imposed on the electorates which is not their choice candidate. This make it waste of time to the electorate because the winner is known already even before the election.

Why do you now think the people will vote if their vote will not count. I rest my case!

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:03:52 PM

Why people don't vote?

Because they don't trust Trump, and they trust everybody else even less.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

I think the only reasonwhy people don't vote is that they don't have any care with their own country. They should see that the right to vote is a privilege and is an pbligation to do. It is the only way we could tell our voice. So if you don't want to be heard then continue what you're doing. The thing is that vpting is so simple to do that I can't think why some can't still do it. Although, I cannot set aside other reasons but if that's the case then there's a problem to you as a citizen of your country.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:22:38 PM

Its funny that most of people think that it is useless to go to vote. And in some cases it is useless, because the election are rigged, for example Russia.
But in most countries they should go vote, in my country this is exactly why we have driven our home town in hands of seriously fucked up people just because most did not go to vote thinking that this is useless, sadly the most non voters are young people who often thin that they are protesting this way. No this kind of protest is shooting yourself in the leg.

cryptocontinental

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:24:26 PM

Power intoxicates. I observed that more often people in power don't want to peacefully step down they want to user their power to do all the bad things to retain the seat for themselves so whether I vote or not, to them it is nothing because they have strategized means of winning without my vote. If you just look at all this, it is useless voting.
MULTIK888

Activity: 123
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

In my opinion, many people simply do not understand what voting is, and that their future life in the state depends on their choice. Democracy is good, but elections are often a Fraud in countries. People probably know this and do not go to the vote, maybe they just do not care what will happen next because they think that their voice does not mean anything.
The campaign for the elections must come from the soul, one must choose a leader, and that's why he should choose him to teach his parents and surrounding, but if they don't care then why their children should go. Everything is interconnected..

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █  Gooreo [/ u] - Дeцeнтpaлизoвaннaя плaтфopмa кapьepы! █ https://t.me/gooreo █ [/ center]
Yorkshire

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:55:24 PM

To vote is never a problem in Nigeria; the issue is for those votes to count. There is always that platform for electorates to vote in candidates of their choice in any political position and huge amount of money is released in that respect by the government anytime election is approaching. Normally, prior to the election proper candidates are screened and primaries are conducted to get the most popular and qualified candidates. Practically, in the political field the exercise often does not go the way they should go. Sometimes the candidates are been selected and imposed on the people by certain group of persons hence election results are written somewhere in that candidate’s favor. In order to succeed, snatching of ballot boxes and causing violence will be the order of the day to aid their electoral malpractice. That is reason enough for people not exercise their franchise.

ENCRYBIT.IO - Private Sale is Live! (https://encrybit.io/)
●Buy ENCX Tokens & Get up to 40% Discount●
BlockEx-David

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:57:30 PM

Let face reality when you are in election where by it is pretty obvious both candidates are brought and paid for it isnt really worth voting anyway.

Do you really think there is much difference between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump?

Both are idiots.
Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 02:36:00 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

"It a duty and responsibility", to vote is also a privilege. If they don't want to vote, then let them be. It is also their RIGHT anyway not to vote on elections.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:28:14 PM

Joseph Stalin Quote, "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Our electronic voting machines have been hacked. It's been proven. So, why do we keep them? Why don't we go back to counting the way we used to have it, with open counting where the citizen can come and watch the counters to be sure that they aren't messing with the people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
kisfoxs

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:19:58 AM

I have observed in every election, and some of them chose not to vote, I think it's because they are too lazy to go even don't know the impact of what will happen if they eliminate the voting rights that they have ...

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
PolinaCryptoN
Copper Member

Activity: 403
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

On one hand it's true that everyone should go and vote for the candidate they desire the most to see as a leader, but on another hand not going to elections makes more sense if there is no candidate you like and i'll explain why.
I always told other people to go and just cross all the candidates out if they didn't like them so that majority of my country would be involved in elections, but then I started thinking about it. If there is no candidate you like and as you said only 50% arrived in your country, what if 90% arrived but 40% simply crossed out every candidate? It means that almost half of the population doesn't like any of the candidates, but as 90% voted there must be a winner and this winner is winning with the votes of 90% of the population, but as we know 40% just didn't want him to win. That means it's pointless to go to elections if the candidates are without doubt worse than each other and many citizens know this. The winner will still get almost the same votes unless the reason is different from not liking any of the candidates.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

People don't vote the only reason behind this is the mental condition and peoples thinking for election is that what does my vote stand for or what change can my vote bring in the situation. Most peoples think what will change if I don't vote and then they get busy in their chores while ignoring the fact that not only them but thousands of peoples think this fact only and they don't vote .
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:38:39 PM

I have observed in every election, and some of them chose not to vote, I think it's because they are too lazy to go even don't know the impact of what will happen if they eliminate the voting rights that they have ...

Your observation gives you some false confidence that things were done right.

The only way voting can be honest is if we completely get rid of the electronic voting machines, go back to hand ballots, and have lots of observers.

Why vote when it can all be manipulated in the voting machines anyway, especially when they are connected to the Internet?

Cool

mrmikeo

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:51:35 AM

Some people are not interested or don’t care about politics while some people believe that their vote doesn’t count. The way politics is being run in some countries baffles me. In short some countries run election for formality sake; they have already selected who they want even before the election.
starplaks

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:20:23 AM
Merited by foserfox (1)

I want to say that everywhere there is a sufficiently high level of activity.  Here to those, by the way, reasons why people do not vote.  People do not vote, or when they are all happy, or believe that they can not influence anything.  There is a third reason.  There are people who are so dissatisfied with everything that they do not vote.  This is the third category of people, big enough, these are those who usually voted "against all" or did not vote at all.
Barmalei06

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:29:15 AM

because they collectively think its useless, like its in the usa. the rich are doing the more effective media campaign.

regards
totally agree with you. in many countries and in my own, too, this is only a concert, for those who have not yet understood the essence of the government. even if everyone votes against the ruling system, they will show that people voted for it. The ruling class easily rewrites the election results. example recentelections. elections do not change the system, which is rotten and serves not people, but against people
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:02:03 PM

Many people don't vote because they aren't part of what the voting process has become these days.

The problem with this thinking is that these same people most of the time don't learn private property rights, and use them against government officials who are taking their property away from them.

Private property is king. It is a right above government. Your car is your property, not you car. Your labor is your property, not your labor. You house is your property, not your house. Your minor children are your property, not your children.

Talk to government this way about all your property, and they have to keep their hands off you. If they don't, you can sue them like you would sue anybody else, and make lots of money off them.

Study it.

Cool

forayer

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:08:48 PM

My teacher was begging because millions of people who can vote, don’t. Voter turnout in the United States is incredibly low compared to similar countries, notes Donald Green. He’s a political scientist at Columbia University in New York City. In fact, U.S. voter turnout ranks 31 out of 35 developed countries — nations with advanced economies and a heavy use of technology. That’s according to a Pew Research Center study released this past summer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: