Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 209 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💰 [ANN][ICO][AGT] 💰 AGATE - Paypal for crypto currencies 💰  (Read 521801 times)
Ajutokintumi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:25:26 AM

I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong, but I don't see if you have a FAQ on you site  Huh

You can check FAQ from this link:

https://medium.com/agatechain/faq-updating-9c577ebecbf9

Thanks for the share  "Is there any minimum and maximum contribution?
Yes the minimum token sale amount is equal to $60 USD of any acceptable coin or fiat and the maximum is $50,000 for individuals."

does it mean that non-individuals can participate with more?

We may let Accredited investors or ICO Syndicate to participate more but it would have different terms or lockup period.

What/who is ICO Syndicate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
descuri

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:22:37 AM

I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong, but I don't see if you have a FAQ on you site  Huh

Thanks for the share  "Is there any minimum and maximum contribution?
Yes the minimum token sale amount is equal to $60 USD of any acceptable coin or fiat and the maximum is $50,000 for individuals."

$60 minimum is really affordable,and almost everyone can join.

True. If you just want to participate but aren't sold on being a big investor it is definitely affordable.
frazeer

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong, but I don't see if you have a FAQ on you site  Huh

We may let Accredited investors or ICO Syndicate to participate more but it would have different terms or lockup period.

Sounds like a club of big investors Smiley
jessd7

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:56:54 AM

I think its about time that blockchain technology can be used for easy and hassle-free payment methods which Paypal seem to monopolize as of the moment. I see this project getting there and opening that opportunity to merchants and customers. Wish this project the best, road to mass adoption!
D1jay
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

I think its about time that blockchain technology can be used for easy and hassle-free payment methods which Paypal seem to monopolize as of the moment. I see this project getting there and opening that opportunity to merchants and customers. Wish this project the best, road to mass adoption!

I honesty wish same, but its not an easy job to fight big corporations like PayPal, they are multinational company that have power to monopolize the market which ever way, recently we have big project such as AGATE trying to penetrate this big company proposing a very simple solution to the complex ways people are use to using blockchain technology, i hope to see this achievable.

TheRedKing

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:13:31 PM

I honesty wish same, but its not an easy job to fight big corporations like PayPal, they are multinational company that have power to monopolize the market which ever way, recently we have big project such as AGATE trying to penetrate this big company proposing a very simple solution to the complex ways people are use to using blockchain technology, i hope to see this achievable.

But I really don't think anyone is trying to fight with PayPal. There is room for everyone in crypto and PayPal aren't't even in crypto.
positiveoutlook

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:16:27 PM

But I really don't think anyone is trying to fight with PayPal. There is room for everyone in crypto and PayPal aren't't even in crypto.

PayPal is actually against it as of recently...
FrankDTank

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong, but I don't see if you have a FAQ on you site  Huh

$60 minimum is really affordable,and almost everyone can join.

True. If you just want to participate but aren't sold on being a big investor it is definitely affordable.

Good idea to set minimum low,as you want as many people in.
JeffTheMan

Activity: 247
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:03:29 PM

So far,biggest issue(atleast for me) with all these debit cards were fees.There are so many of them that it aint cheap to use them at all,in the end you card you loose something like 10%

How   you plan to sort that out?

Yeah fees are the biggest killer and who manages to get around that will be a winner.
babyBaba

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:03:48 PM

Most probably!
djimiHendrix

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:04:48 PM

PayPal is actually against it as of recently...

How so?
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:15:10 PM

Hello Team, can you elaborate on the Physical POS Terminal i read on Ann page? Does it means that there will be POS on mobile as well?
Do you have a bounty program?

here is bounty >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4426676

Regarding Physical POS terminal which comes in a desktop and a handheld (for smaller shops) I would suggest to have a look to white paper for more details but here some highlights for your reference
Currently the Agate POS terminal is available in two types, for mobile users and for physical stores, which both come with unique features, including but not limited to the following:

I.   Borderless

Unlike traditional POS terminal solutions, which are limited to a specific region, Agate POS terminals can be used everywhere in the world without infrastructure limitation! These terminals use the Internet to securely connect to our POS server hosted in the cloud on five continents, and users can use mobile Internet (i.e., 3G/4G) or any other type of common Internet connection (e.g., LAN, WiFi, ADSL) in order to connect their devices to our network.

II.   0% transaction fee

While currently merchants have to pay between 0.5% and 3% transaction fees  to their bank, financial institute or POS providers, Agate’s POS terminal sits on Agate iFiat’s Ecosystem, which runs Agate blockchain. This means merchants will not be charged when they receive the funds in their iBucket wallet, and as iBucket is a decentralised wallet, they can spend it anywhere they like—for example, to pay their suppliers or buy items for themselves—or, alternatively, they can request to deposit it to their bank accounts or to load onto their debit cards.

III.   Instant settlement (24 x 7 x 365)

In legacy POS terminal systems, banks or service providers usually limit their merchants to only perform settlements once or twice in a day . Even after 24 hours of this settlement, they may not access their funds for various reasons—for example, if the merchant’s business bank account is different than the POS provider or if they settle after the bank’s deadline (usually 10:00 p.m.) or over the weekend. Running transactions on Agate iFiat Ecosystem resolves these issues with real-time settlement, because as soon as a customer pays the funds become available and spendable in the merchant’s wallet.

IV.   Secure connection

This is a decentralised ecosystem, and because there is no middleman to handle transactions, all transactions are performed on the Agate iFiat Ecosystem blockchain with unique and traceable TX ID, which is trackable in Agate block explorer. For other connections (commands, user data, etc.) from a POS terminal to our cloud hosting, we have used a secure method that included hashing all data with a public key and a nonce; then the hashed payload and nonce would be sent to the cloud, and a server would decrypt it by using a private key while the whole process runs on SSL context with valid CA certificate, which is a symmetric 256-bit encryption on  X.509 certificates .

V.   No lock-in contract, no exit fee

In order to encourage merchants to use Agate POS terminals and, as a result, to grow the Agate POS network, there won’t be any lock-in contracts. They will only need to pay a one-off fee in AGT token to have this service, as shown in the table below, plus a small monthly fee in AGT token for maintaining this infrastructure. Also, merchants can return the terminal as soon as they like without penalty.

VI.   No monthly fee (optional)

Merchants have the choice to own POS terminals by paying a one-off fee to avoid recurring monthly fees; to do so, they can pay from their iBucket wallets or with AGT token.

VII.   NFC/RFID support

In-store terminals (desktop) can support NFC payments, so instead of showing QR codes, users can use NFC to pay (similar to Visa PayWave  or Mastercard PayPass ).

VIII.   Selling virtual goods

In order to incentivise merchants to use the Agate POS terminal, they can also sell virtual goods (e.g., phone charge, iTunes, Google play, Skype credit and similar items) directly on the POS and get commissions for them. As all these transactions would happen on the iFiat Ecosystem using Agate API Suite, these items can be provided by any supplier who is willing to sell their services to Agate users. However, this option is planned for after the ICO. When the Agate merchant app is updated, this feature would immediately be available on all merchant POS without extra hardware or cost.

IX.   Never lose a dollar!

In legacy POS terminals, if for any reason a terminal is damaged either physically, through faults in their applications or because of electronic shock, it’s quite possible that merchants may lose their whole day’s income if they do not settle on time. In the Agate POS terminal, this is prevented because of its decentralised nature; as soon as users pay, the Agate POS terminal will sign into the iFiat Ecosystem and, as all the funds are logged in Agate blockchain, the merchant can access it from any other device and spend it or cash it out.

These 2 in combination will be a significant game changer.

II.   0% transaction fee

While currently merchants have to pay between 0.5% and 3% transaction fees  to their bank, financial institute or POS providers, Agate’s POS terminal sits on Agate iFiat’s Ecosystem, which runs Agate blockchain. This means merchants will not be charged when they receive the funds in their iBucket wallet, and as iBucket is a decentralised wallet, they can spend it anywhere they like—for example, to pay their suppliers or buy items for themselves—or, alternatively, they can request to deposit it to their bank accounts or to load onto their debit cards.

III.   Instant settlement (24 x 7 x 365)

In legacy POS terminal systems, banks or service providers usually limit their merchants to only perform settlements once or twice in a day . Even after 24 hours of this settlement, they may not access their funds for various reasons—for example, if the merchant’s business bank account is different than the POS provider or if they settle after the bank’s deadline (usually 10:00 p.m.) or over the weekend. Running transactions on Agate iFiat Ecosystem resolves these issues with real-time settlement, because as soon as a customer pays the funds become available and spendable in the merchant’s wallet.

Allowing much more flexibility and opening a lot of options for a merchant!
Inmytree

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Would that allow people from USA and China to invest also?
Beltalowda

Activity: 171

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

Would that allow people from USA and China to invest also?

That would certainly bring a lot more money to the project by opening those market up.
Avdogado

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:26:21 PM

You can check it out here guys.

https://icosyndicate.org/

It is a community that negotiates directly with ICO's to get better prices and better bonuses.

looks kind a dodgy like it opens a space for manipulations.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:31:33 PM

You can check it out here guys.

https://icosyndicate.org/

It is a community that negotiates directly with ICO's to get better prices and better bonuses.

looks kind a dodgy like it opens a space for manipulations.

As long as everything is done transparently there is no need to worry.These kind of communities are a normal thing it's just that people don't hear about them too often.

Will the tokens sold to those kind of investors be locked and how long will they be locked?
Sengjen

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:43:23 PM

When will the main sale start?Then it will be 60$ minimum to participate right?
KureBabino

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:48:38 PM

Main sale will start in October if I'm correct yeah.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

Main sale will start in October if I'm correct yeah.

You are right if everything goes as planned it will be in Oct, but keep in mind that there are no bonuses in main sale in Oct.Only during the pre sale phases you have bonuses available, so I would suggest not to wait til Oct to invest.
inv3stor
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:50:58 PM

From 21th Aug you can participate with minimum $60 and get 25% discount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 209 »
  Print  

Jump to: