Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 780 times)
cryptothief (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:07:19 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:22:54 AM

I think you are very lucky. Now many ICOs cannot do this. Once the project fails or something happens, they may disappear. I suggest that you stay away from ICO in the future and it is really dangerous!

Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:31:38 AM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

when investing in an ICO we must be prepared to accept the risks we take in it.
and obviously they will usually refund your money if ICO is indeed there but not successful, different from the beginning if the ICO we choose the SCAM is definitely your money will not come back.

Archibaldos123

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:34:37 AM

It happens very rarely that ico returned money.  You will be very lucky if you return your investment!  I got into the projects of scammers three times and ended up without a large amount of money, since then I have carefully and long been selecting and analyzing ico before investing my money in it.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

From experience, as a matter of fact, you would surely get your fund return once you did not invest in scam project from the start. Investing in a good project is not okay enough to belive they would hit the target, so someone need to be prepared for the risk.
deeryemeles

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Very lucky as you're getting your money back from the failed projects. That doesn't happen too often let alone twice.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:41:46 AM

I think you're very lucky, they are two very good project, because the two teams enough integrity, most of the time, if the ICO project failed, so you can't get any rewards and principal.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

There are some projects that failed to reach their soft cap. In this case, such projects will include the clause that if they were unable to reach their soft cap, they will return all funds. A good example of such project is Digipulse, I participated in their ICO and they didn't achieve their soft cap and they returned all funds they collected during the ICO.

nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:46:11 AM

During some recent times, some project ICOs doesn't reach the soft cap sale. Therefore, their ICO was canceled. I heard about the Bitrust recently. Yeah, they commonly will refund our money from investment 100%. But, we cannot do anything if the fund cannot be accepted 100%. Just for better hope next. Whatever happen, this is one of the risks that I must follow.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
summerbloom

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:53:41 AM

Well,, it will depend upon on the terms and conditions. A lot of reputable ICO’s have minimums that they wish to raise otherwise they state in there terms they will refund participants but I've been scammed before, but most good ICO’s are going to reach minimums, If you do your research, on you tube, read Reddit, you should have a good idea on the crypto community consensus, Steemit can be a good place to look as well.
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:54:30 AM

yes of course, they usually refund if they experience a failure or can not continue the project, but there are also many dishonest ICOs who disappear when they fail and take all the money they get.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:58:59 AM

You are lucky that you are able to recover some of your losses. Not just the 50% but also the lost opportunity to invest in other projects for potential gains. Well, we all have to learn from these experiences.
azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

Its gambling when you invest in ICO. After investment, all your money is not on your pocker, so it depend on the project. If they turn to be scam, unlucky you, you never get back your money. When you invest in ICO, you should ready to lose it.
As my experience, lucky me, I invested in GOLDIAM ICO and they failed of reaching soft cap. All money are refund to investors through smart contract.
You should follow their telegram group to find out that they will refund or turn to scam.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:21:57 AM

You are getting refunds because you had invested in such projects where genuine people were running it and not by any scammer's group. Not all ICOs do that. I have millions of dead coins where the ICO team simply closed their website and disappeared. I lost more than $1,000 by investing in such ICOs. But you seem to be lucky because you have chosen good quality ICOs who at least have the integrity to refund the investor's money in case they fail to reach their softcap. I didn't yet have any such experience.

arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:35:13 AM

I think some team handling ICOs now are probing to be of high integrity. I recently participated in an ICO bounty campaign, although I am not an investor but I saw through their telegram annoucement channel that they will be refunding funds to their investor because they think that from all indications they cannot be successful.
dpui98

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

SEELE- Blockchain 4.0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:15:04 AM

Well, you are so damn lucky, although we already know 95% of ICO will fail, they hardly refund.

I already have sensing that some of my portfolios will fail so gonna see them as loss already

50% is better than nothing seriously, invest smatrter

SEELE Blockchain 4.0
JOIN US - http://seele.pro
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:59:48 AM

That said so many times but I'm not experienced it, Ever since I'm investing in ICO I think you should be Careful next time just choose the right prospect next time! there is still worthy ICO to invest if you do it with passion and sincerity don't be afraid to try always there is a hope.
md-12

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:02:33 AM

I think you are very lucky because i do not believe there is not legal procedure about money back. I read before some investors did not take their money back
siena23

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 11:05:47 AM

my experience is a failed project that will curb investor funds, and as far as I know the project team project will return and investors 100%, but there are also projects that fail to bring the funds of investors and it is very sad. I think the project team you follow is very professional.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:19:02 AM

I do not see any reason why you would not get refund as long as you have invested in a project that is legitimately sound in the first place and the team actually are not just there to take your money but to bring out a good product/project in the long run. They are easy to detect for anyone who takes team seriously when trying to invest in any ICO and that is always the importance of making that criterion a very important one.

It is only when you have invested in a scam project you should obviously forget about your funds because two things are bound to happen. It is either they close every form of communication and zap away with the little they have accrued while plotting their next scheme, or they just go ahead with the distribution, launch the coin or token into any shitty exchange, and no development whatsoever after then; one reason to never also invest in empty promises.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: