Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to buy or mine ?  (Read 2313 times)
jerrypages7 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:34:05 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 06:20:33 PM by jerrypages7

[WARNING ! This is a continuation of the following thread]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438512.0;all

(A very interesting thread every Newbie like myself should read: including instructive methods on how to artificialy push up a 0 day coin)

At the opposite of thoses artificialy pushed up here is my own top third "honest coins":
- DigibyteCoin: for the ultra fast wallet, fast enough to buy coffee at Starbucks.
- BitCommoditiz: for the innovation, the first crypto coin claiming being tied to real assets.
- Ron Paul Coin: for the massive buzz, including Ron Paul himself.

Want to hear from you guys. What are the other "honest" coins around here and WHY do you beleive their are ?

As always my-coin-is-the-best guys, please just stay away from this thread...
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:40:23 PM

Radioactivecoin

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

Betacoin of course!!!!
Super STrong community and many features!!!!

http://betacoin.org/
http://betaco.in/
http://betacoin.info/
https://www.facebook.com/betacoins
http://betacointalk.com/

kelvinliong

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:01:25 PM

Buy: CASH
Mine: LEAF

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:02:59 PM

Buy: RonPaulCoin

Mine: DOGE
mik_druid

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

Mine: Vert
Buy: Doge Smiley
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:09:14 PM

I don't beleive in DOGE, why do you feel DOGE is interesting ?
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:11:35 PM

I don't beleive in DOGE, why do you feel DOGE is interesting ?

Becasue he holds DOGE and wants the price to soar.
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

From http://betacoin.org/about

"It is based on the Bitcoin protocol but differs from Bitcoin in some specifications. Betacoin provides faster transaction confirmations (4 minutes average block generating time)"

Anything more to know ?
lalakies23

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:21:14 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 05:39:43 PM by lalakies23

-Really fair start with almost month “launch phase” and no premine and absolutely good initial coin parcelling – https://infogr.am/betacoin-difficulty?src=web
-Fast and at the same time reasonable and secure block target time – 4 minute
-Fast and really good scaled network difficulty adjustment parameters – 4 min blocks are really 4 minute blocks and block time intervals in Betacoin network much more stable that Bitcoin
-SHA256 means absolutely hardware compartible
-POW means real decentralisation
-32 mln Betacoin units production and ~0,39%annual after is a really good thing for network in future
-Fast main coin supply – after 6 years the main coin amount will be in circulation, means can be used for real economy needs faster.
-Transaction comments – feature with lots of further implementations and make network more transparent.

Very supportive and strong community which wants to see a legal true decentrallized coin and fast enough in order to perform transactions even within totalitarian regimes.

Also today it was announced, probably, the most advanced blockchain explorer platform on the scene, that makes Betacoin even more transparent . Active development, new features every day.
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:02:23 PM

-Really fair start with almost month “launch phase” and no premine and absolutely good initial coin parcelling – https://infogr.am/betacoin-difficulty?src=web
-Fast and at the same time reasonable and secure block target time – 4 minute
-Fast and really good scaled network difficulty adjustment parameters – 4 min blocks are really 4 minute blocks and block time intervals in Betacoin network much more stable that Bitcoin
-SHA256 means absolutely hardware compartible
-POW means real decentralisation
-32 mln Betacoin units production and ~0,39%annual after is a really good thing for network in future
-Fast main coin supply – after 6 years the main coin amount will be in circulation, means can be used for real economy needs faster.
-Transaction comments – feature with lots of further implementations and make network more transparent.

Very supportive and strong community which wants to see a legal true decentrallized coin and fast enough in order to perform transactions even within totalitarian regimes.

Also today it was announced, probably, the most advanced blockchain explorer platform on the scene, that makes Betacoin even more transparent . Active development, new features every day.

+1 for the "fair start" however block 16,000 is behind us. Too late for me.
lalakies23

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:04:35 PM

It's never too late to join the bus which may lead you to the future. I've join on block 20k
and i'm very happy from the current ROI.
Buy or Mine to enjoy later Smiley
texaschainsaw54

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

buy: Doge
Mine: Doge  Smiley
lauren2014

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:15:41 PM

Buy: CASH
Mine: LEAF
jacksonwill

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:31:06 PM

Buy: Nxt
Mine: Memorycoin
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:23:30 PM

Can somehone sincerely say why this coin is of any interest ?

I do not understand the added value of a coin with a dog on it ! It is just unbeleivable.

This can not be serious, this can not last.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

BUY=CASH

AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:09:23 PM

I do not understand the added value of a coin with a dog on it ! It is just unbeleivable.

It is just a fun coin that the teenies and their mommies are playing with, it won't last or become the next big thing.  But I will mine and dump the heck out of it if it is profitable.
wazzujoel

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:44:50 PM

Mine: Doge  Smiley

Yes I can. First - Let me ask you a rhetorical question - Why do any of these coins have value? We are using supercomputers to calculate dummy data that literally serves no purpose, yet for some absurd reason people find value in them. From this perspective society should give this whole idea a huge slap upside the head. Anyways, im done with my soap box rant, so let me provide you my real answer to value.

• 1. BTC has value and is the safest because it is the standard conversion currency for all crypto-currency. It is the USD of the crypto world, and if something ever happened to make it's value be zero, every single other currency would instantly be 100% worthless.
  • 2. Value of a coin is 100% dependent on market demand of that coin. Why do people want it? This is very text book supply and demand.
  •                   A.  The biggest factor in DOGE's value is the community. Probably the largest active community. They love their coin
  •                   B.  There are online stores where you can spend your DOGE for stuff... like an XBOX1.
  •                   C.  The confirmation times of DOGE coin are fast, so it can actually be used to buy stuff quickly unlike BTC/LTC
  •                   D.  World news stations are covering it because the community is sending people to the Olympics and stuff

So that's why. I actually think DOGE coin is probably the most valuable coin out there. If I was picking one coin to put all my faith in... It's DOGE for the reasons I just said. How about you tell me why you dont think it is worth anything of value.

BTW - In case you wanted to tip for my advice, my DOGE address = DTGmiJLnn1r941s4Rb2JNjttTXt7Ht2BnY
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

In my opinion, you want to buy/mine a coin that has yet to be widely discovered.

Once the media and the whole world has jumped in, there will be less upside potential. The trick is to find the coin before the massive run up in price.

How to find the next winner:

Take a look at the list of coins on coinmarketcap.com and look for those that are undervalued. The trick is to find coins that have a disconnect between underlying fundamentals and market price. Do your homework and realize that coin value is derived from; coin name, size and quality of community, and developer genius.

Then read, study, and research, and find the coins that the markets have not yet found.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: