Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to buy or mine ?  (Read 2313 times)
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

Mine: Vert
Buy: Doge Smiley

I don't beleive in DOGE, why do you feel DOGE is interesting ?

Becasue he holds DOGE and wants the price to soar.

I posted this elswhere, buy or mine DOGE if you have GPU

Here is why i am back into dogecoin

1) this great thread on money\confidence flowing into each coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430639.0;topicseen

DON'T BE STUPID AND PRIDEFUL PEOPLE, DOGE REWARD HALVES IN TWO WEEKS, THOSE DOLLARS SHOW ZERO SIGNS OF SLOWING DOWN AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE REWARDS HALVES!?!?!?!? I think everyone is a bit naive and stupid not to recognize what DOGE has become.

2. Reddit online count is always more than bitcoin and their total members is half bitcoin and crushes everyone else

3. Only coin that has a clue what community and marketing is about. DOGE is in the news every DOG GONE WEEK.

4. network hashrate is bigger than litecoin.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Flitecoinmining%2Fcomments%2F1vsd1g%2Fdogecoin_just_overtook_litecoin_total_network%2F&ei=G7HrUtLnFsad7QbF8oCYBw&usg=AFQjCNHBGPMDR8dxPBFbhvFRfgXWyaIl7A&bvm=bv.60444564,d.bGE

5. ALL coins are done mining in 14 more months

6. halving is very fast

7. it is a gpu coin so mining diversity  and numbers will continue to grow

I think DOGE has crushed the endless attempts to crash the coin. Now everyone will either be on the train or waiving as it rolls on to crush rivals on the way to #2 crypto coin in a few short months.

If you disagree, feel free to refute the facts i posted, rather than cry about a scam or stupid meme. The theme or the tech of a coin mean nothing to most of the world and doge has that figured out.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
wazzujoel

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

In my opinion, you want to buy/mine a coin that has yet to be widely discovered.

Once the media and the whole world has jumped in, there will be less upside potential. The trick is to find the coin before the massive run up in price.

How to find the next winner:

Take a look at the list of coins on coinmarketcap.com and look for those that are undervalued. The trick is to find coins that have a disconnect between underlying fundamentals and market price. Do your homework and realize that coin value is derived from; coin name, size and quality of community, and developer genius.

Then read, study, and research, and find the coins that the markets have not yet found.

And I'll disagree that crypto currency follows the standard economics of Fiat currency. What you described is exactly how you would invest in the stock market. You'd consider which companies have a low marketcap and have a product that could cause that marketcap to push significantly higher. With Crypto currencies you have no such product, you only have FUD with no intrinsic value. Crypt-Currencies are a lot closer to the 2001 dot-com crash than they are to the current version of the stock market.

The most important question you can ask yourself when buying coins is "do I believe in the future the internet hype of this coin will cause its value to sky rocket"? Yes you are right, with small marketcap coins you can get a lot, and if they do take off... jackpot. But it's likely those coins wont take off. Best bet for coins taking off is probably within the first couple months of their life.

Coins I currently like a lot and would like to own as much as I can
  DOGE
  MoonCoin
  TIPS

I even think some older coins have good buy value at the moment... Coins like
  DMD
  GLX

So am I an expert at this? No. no one is. If you can model the irrational nature of this, then I'd very much like to see your algorithm. Im working on some myself, but in no way think I am an expert.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

DON'T BE STUPID AND PRIDEFUL PEOPLE, DOGE REWARD HALVES IN TWO WEEKS, THOSE DOLLARS SHOW ZERO SIGNS OF SLOWING DOWN AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE REWARDS HALVES!?!?!?!? I think everyone is a bit naive and stupid not to recognize what DOGE has become.

2. Reddit online count is always more than bitcoin and their total members is half bitcoin and crushes everyone else

3. Only coin that has a clue what community and marketing is about. DOGE is in the news every DOG GONE WEEK.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Flitecoinmining%2Fcomments%2F1vsd1g%2Fdogecoin_just_overtook_litecoin_total_network%2F&ei=G7HrUtLnFsad7QbF8oCYBw&usg=AFQjCNHBGPMDR8dxPBFbhvFRfgXWyaIl7A&bvm=bv.60444564,d.bGE

6. halving is very fast

I think DOGE has crushed the endless attempts to crash the coin. Now everyone will either be on the train or waiving as it rolls on to crush rivals on the way to #2 crypto coin in a few short months.

If you disagree, feel free to refute the facts i posted, rather than cry about a scam or stupid meme. The theme or the tech of a coin mean nothing to most of the world and doge has that figured out.

the price won't increase - it's barely sticking where it is - people mining are selling as fast as they get it. Suckers only buy a falling coin
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:48:08 PM

6. halving is very fast

the price won't increase - it's barely sticking where it is - people mining are selling as fast as they get it. Suckers only buy a falling coin

So this month reward halves and it will have no impact on the price??? If anything it will go down?? Is that what you are saying??? One thing is for sure, if I am correct in summarizing your opinion then one of us is retarded.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
elgeo

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:52:51 PM

mine DOGE
buy LTC soon will double your money

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
dailyarsenal

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:06:20 PM

People shouldn't hate on any coins. Usually the coin that every hates on is the coin that ends up going to the MOON. Do not under estimate any coin.

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
inmean

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

Try Prosper Coin you will love it
Kaiji

Activity: 140

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

In my opinion, you want to buy/mine a coin that has yet to be widely discovered.

Once the media and the whole world has jumped in, there will be less upside potential. The trick is to find the coin before the massive run up in price.

How to find the next winner:

Take a look at the list of coins on coinmarketcap.com and look for those that are undervalued. The trick is to find coins that have a disconnect between underlying fundamentals and market price. Do your homework and realize that coin value is derived from; coin name, size and quality of community, and developer genius.

Then read, study, and research, and find the coins that the markets have not yet found.

Well said. That's a good way to be ahead of the game rather than just jumping on the band wagon. I have question. How do you find new coins before anyone else does? Are they all announced on this forum?
jerrypages7 (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

buy: Doge
Mine: Doge  Smiley

Can somehone sincerely say why this coin is of any interest ?

I do not understand the added value of a coin with a dog on it ! It is just unbeleivable.

This can not be serious, this can not last.

Yes I can. First - Let me ask you a rhetorical question - Why do any of these coins have value? We are using supercomputers to calculate dummy data that literally serves no purpose, yet for some absurd reason people find value in them. From this perspective society should give this whole idea a huge slap upside the head. Anyways, im done with my soap box rant, so let me provide you my real answer to value.

• 1. BTC has value and is the safest because it is the standard conversion currency for all crypto-currency. It is the USD of the crypto world, and if something ever happened to make it's value be zero, every single other currency would instantly be 100% worthless.
  • 2. Value of a coin is 100% dependent on market demand of that coin. Why do people want it? This is very text book supply and demand.
  •                   A.  The biggest factor in DOGE's value is the community. Probably the largest active community. They love their coin
  •                   B.  There are online stores where you can spend your DOGE for stuff... like an XBOX1.
  •                   C.  The confirmation times of DOGE coin are fast, so it can actually be used to buy stuff quickly unlike BTC/LTC
  •                   D.  World news stations are covering it because the community is sending people to the Olympics and stuff

So that's why. I actually think DOGE coin is probably the most valuable coin out there. If I was picking one coin to put all my faith in... It's DOGE for the reasons I just said. How about you tell me why you dont think it is worth anything of value.

BTW - In case you wanted to tip for my advice, my DOGE address = DTGmiJLnn1r941s4Rb2JNjttTXt7Ht2BnY

+1 for you. I must admit community is a real factor in a coin success. DOGE has indeed a broad community.

I do not hate no coin, I do not say it does not worth for nothing I am just trying to figure out which ones are the best to invest in. As a rather old school guy I am very sceptical with the minimalist concept around DOGE coin (except the broad community: once again, here you are right). Maybe I have to change my point of view !

In the meantime I made a deal with the BitCommoditiz guys (bought 1,000 of their "XAUz" for a small fraction of BTC). I like their concept.
kpg99miner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

An undervalued coin that would be good to buy is Lottocoin, there is a new Texas Holdem game coming in the next week or so and also the block payout will be halving in 38 days. Pretty good odds that it will be going up soon. It is traded on Cryptsy, CRYCUREX, Coinedup, Coinex and a Chinese site called Guogao

www.allcrypt.com <-All Crypt trading, better than Cryptsy! Sign up here
unfocus

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:35:58 PM

My honest opinion why the StarTrek coins should seriously be looked at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444046

Just get 0.1 BTC worth, very little risk, big potential upside.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

Just get 0.1 BTC worth, very little risk, big potential upside.

That's exactly the nice little bet I made with the BitCommoditiz... As told before I am a rather "old school" guy, can't really figure out if your sci-fi coin as a temporal future in the Alpha Quadrant.

Good luck anyway!
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:02:17 PM

does anyone think moon and lotto with make a comeback.  Huh

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
jerrypages7 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:10:12 PM

does anyone think moon and lotto with make a comeback.  Huh

Don't understand you question... Huh
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:24:30 PM

With the new Scripts ASICS coming in i'd say vertcoin for sure.
lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:15:42 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446789.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: