Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why?  (Read 3507 times)
RippleSpaset

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:53:56 PM

This is the main question of a beginner who decided to invest in cryptocurrencies. All known veterans such as bitcoin, litecoin, ripple, Ethereum and relatively new players such as dash, neo, Sykes and others.I WOULD ADVISE you to INVESTIROVAT IN BITCOIN bitcoin can be seen as a direct implementation of this Protocol. Instead of a private distributed Ledger stored in a centralized system, the Bitcoin Ledger is public.
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:24:05 PM

the most common is bitcoin. I think so. or any popular alternative to the currency. you can see on the exchanges, which is now popular
Yes bitcoin is most common and popular to all bitcoiners investor's. Just for me I choose cause bitcoin it is so easy to use and to transact and we know it is more popular and trusted coins all over the world, this is one reason many of the investors they choose to invest in bitcoin. It's better to choose other coins for alternative earnings but give you good profit.
CPetersson

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

In my opinion, EOS is a very ambitious currency. I would choose EOS or XRP/DASH, but i think EOS will be 20+$ this winter.

I don't know really why, but i bought it on 5.05, hope it goes well
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:14:21 PM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
As I see the crypto market now, you should only invest in bitcoin to be profitable with the least risk, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and very hard to guess, bitcoin price. Continuous correction is ongoing. Therefore, I believe that at this time you should only invest in bitcoin because the price of altcoin is very strong and can not afford to recover.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:44:24 PM

the most common is bitcoin. I think so. or any popular alternative to the currency. you can see on the exchanges, which is now popular
Yes bitcoin is most common and popular to all bitcoiners investor's. Just for me I choose cause bitcoin it is so easy to use and to transact and we know it is more popular and trusted coins all over the world, this is one reason many of the investors they choose to invest in bitcoin. It's better to choose other coins for alternative earnings but give you good profit.

Yes you are right, popularity of the coin is one of the reason why the price is increasing so i agree that bitcoins will be the best cryptocurrency you can invest today.

Rojer1928

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:02:15 PM

stable increase and safe investment. NEO also collects GAS tokens to increase your coin portfolio so that it cannot be replaced by other competitors
and this year, you must be careful in investing in crypto currencies. the new one just appeared
and many ICOs failed. so you only need to invest in a proven team. be successful in the investment field
weeks65

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:30:30 PM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
I think that in 2018 you should only invest in bitcoin as the least risk and possibly the safest gain. You can see that the market is slowly falling into recession when the bitcoin price and the price of altcoin are adjusted. Even so, I believe you should invest in bitcoin even if it is the lowest but the safest.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:44:30 AM

Both have their own objective and they are aiming towards a great problem and they provide a great solution for it. Ethereum especially, is the second in the crypto market. It has the second highest market capitalization. Both have the potential to grow further. You definitely cannot go wrong with any of them. While NEO is the chinese ethereum and aims at quite similar approach of ETH not to forget the free gas that comes with NEO.

Altcoins are the only coin that has objective since they are created by the ico's but bitcoins has the highest value in the market and it was only depending on the demand so it will be the best investment as always.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

The currency that I invested this year of 2018 is Ethereum because I believed that it is really a good currency that will give you a better profit afterwards. And as I invested here I noticed to all currency Ethereum is not like other currency that are rapidly going down when bitcoin is in the fall that's why I invested to it just like my other friends did to their money.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:12:14 AM

for in 2018 you should first invest in the main coin like bitcoin, after that you can invest in other altcoins, for the current best altcoins and very suitable for investment are coins that have good developments such as LocalCoinSwap (LCS), tokens This will launch their platform at the end of August, so don't miss this opportunity.
Grimjule

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:16:54 AM

for now it seems that the most suitable for investment in 2018 is bitcoin because bitcoin has a very good potential to rise and the current condition of bitcoin prices also falls so take advantage of bitcoin price movements to be able to get a lot of profits.

Bitcoin is always the best among all the coins and reason for this it is the mother of all crypto currency and it value is way high than all other alt coins.
I will also suggest to go for top 10 crypto currencies. This time when the market will recover, the top volume coins will move first and will easily give 2x,3x profit and even more.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:55:30 AM

I think you should invest in BTC or ETH. There are two altas that are caught by many whales and used for trading. So its volume is very high everyday.
It will be the safest portfolio in the Crypto market and it has a weekly growth. Investment in BTC or ETH will bring you profits in the next 2 years.
ThomasThorGG1

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:03:44 AM

Consider Ripple. It has made up the wave of the electronic money industry in recent years after it was founded in 2012. Current prices are hovering around $ 0.3, but market analysts predict that it will soar to $ 4.5
AliceSusana88

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:22:57 AM

Ethereum is a perfect coin to invest, there is a lot of good and potential Altcoin. However, I personally value ETH. ETH is the opportunity for everyone.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:41:01 AM

I think you should invest in BTC or ETH. There are two altas that are caught by many whales and used for trading. So its volume is very high everyday.
It will be the safest portfolio in the Crypto market and it has a weekly growth. Investment in BTC or ETH will bring you profits in the next 2 years.
Many predictions can indeed be taken into consideration for 2018 on cryptocurrency, but it's clear that when talking about Bitcoin or Ethereum, it can still be the best choice that can still provide definite benefits/profits. We have seen the development that's like successfully attracting many people or this is more important's role than other cryptos. The development of economic life among many people certainly will increasingly become more modern and close to alternative currencies, and of course this still have a high chance of surviving longer time which's especially related to companies/businesses.
BrianDCampbell343

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:19:54 AM

Invest in Ethereum
Ethereum Coin is the best "coin platform" today. One of the ways to develop virtual currency technology is to help new co-developers build on the Ethereum platform. Ethereum allows for application-level co-ops, which do not require blockchain deployment anymore, they can use Ethereum's blockchain for development.
That is the direction that helps to develop and sustain the Ethereum platform.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:27:42 AM

Bitcoin and ethereum are the two top coin that people should care about. I see no coin that can be overcome. I myself think bitcoin and ethereum will bring higher profitability in the near future.
avtonomro

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:28:40 AM

I think PRiV (PRiVCY coin) is one of the best projects of 2018.
Take a look on their news, they just did an amazing partnership with a famous metal band (Testament).
WP is on the way, like many other news.
nguyenthao8x

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

I see in addition to the coin you have chosen to consider more EOS and LTC. That's two coin I see very well and have the potential for development. You may have to keep it for a while. Then it will bring good profit.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
ptcntt-gold

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

Bitcoin is the most promising coin followed by Ethereum, Litecoin. These are very good coin to invest and stabilize. Of course you should buy and hold in the long run. Because in the short term it is difficult to bring high profit as the whole market is moving sideways.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: