Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why?  (Read 3498 times)
Ganbound

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:37:35 AM

If I were to invest in crypto, I will choose bitcoin because it is the most popular crypto together with etherium.Most traders throughout the world use it.It is reliable and secure.Invest now.

yes, bitcoin is good for investing for the long term if you want to reduce risk in my opinion, but there are also some new coins that grow in the crypto exchange and this is also worth investing in in the short term
The most authentic coin for investment is bitcoin because the market value of bitcoin still is on the top although the price of bitcoin is volatile and not increasing for long time. The second option for investment is Ethereum. It is the second biggest coin in the list of cryptocurrency and the price is also reasonable for investment. Third option is Ripple which is fast growing crypto in the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Commotheon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

as of now there is alot of coin to invest to. you can try to invest in eth since the price of it is kinda low. then hold it to have a higher profit
eth decline is already in, this is indeed very suitable for investing, as we know many ico projects that use eth for exchange tool, so that each project has a lot of eth, and when eth goes down, it's natural
The cryptocurrencies is bitcoins because its the mother of all currency.People me advice you to invest with other coins Like Alt due to the falling price of bitcoins. I suggest you to not to believe any of other coins and chose bitcoin.
feelivent

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:11:51 PM

the most coins that I always suggest is bitcoin because bitcoin will increase higher in the future and bitcoin price now is not too expensive so we can buy bitcoin at any price. but you can buy altcoin too and there are too many altcoins that you can buy right now because the price of altcoin is not too expensive and I am sure that you can buy many coins at the market. but be careful if you buy the altcoin because the price can get down at any time so you need to hold for a while.
In my opinion the most favorable cryptocurrency for investment in this day is Ripple because the investment cap is increasing rapidly and the price is also very low. You can hold huge quantity for small investment. The future of Ripple is very bright and I think that it will become the second biggest coin in the world in terms of investment. To earn huge profits in the future you should invest in Ripple.
arnaudel98

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:27:44 AM

as of now there is alot of coin to invest to. you can try to invest in eth since the price of it is kinda low. then hold it to have a higher profit
eth decline is already in, this is indeed very suitable for investing, as we know many ico projects that use eth for exchange tool, so that each project has a lot of eth, and when eth goes down, it's natural
I know its pretty strange to invest with a currency who is falling down but bitcoin has much potential and it will rise in future plus it has bright future.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:37:39 AM

Bitcoin dominance has slightly declined to 52% from a high of 56% which was reached a few days back (mostly due to the 100% rise in XRP prices). But IMO, this figure will rise further in the past and may reach 70% or 80% in the near future. So it may be a good idea to concentrate your portfolio with BTC, rather than alts.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

Largest ones are Bitcoin and ETH. There are some other altcoins, but who can predict price movements, even in some months ahead. So if you invest in BTC or ETH, you can hope, that after three years, the price will go up.  Wink
I think you have to diversify your capital so that it will be safer and more profitable, you can choose bitcoin and Ethereum for long-term investments and other altcoins for trading, why buy this year? because this year prices have dropped very deep and it's a good opportunity to sell
It is not up to a specific year or season but it keeps on changing in different times for crypto coins like the Perfect time to buy or sell Bitcoin or any other coin then you will have to monitor current conditions for this purpose as things keep on changing in crypto market.

If you want to buy currently then you should proceed for Bitcoin as it is available on low price and you will get it easily but remember that it is a long term investment.
ibrar.noman

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:35:26 AM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
There are total 1649 cryptocurrencies available on coinmarketcap. Its hard to choose the best cryptocurrency in 2018, but some altcoins have big  potential in future  like XRP , DADI, Wabi, ICX, ZRX, ADA, TRX.

jimmyd178

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

With so many failed projects out their, it's hard to point at a project worthy of investment. But following key indices and research, one can see how practical or achievable a project is, while taking into consideration the expertise and competence of the team. Linkchain is one project i have seen among a few with a realistic business model and a competent team. There a more projects you can find true research.
SanSanTar

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:28:33 AM

I know its pretty strange to invest with a currency who is falling down but bitcoin has much potential and it will rise in future plus it has bright future.
I also think that you should choose bitcoin to invest because Bitcoin will soon recover and come back with its high time
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:22:52 AM

I agree that before you invest you need to have your goal - then understand how to invest and where. A good strategy is to distribute to coins like bitcoin, ether, neo and coins that are new or projects ico. The first category will always be relevant and according to forecasts there will be good growth by the end of the year. The second category of coins for perspective-projects ico can give a good profit if you choose them correctly

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:24:41 PM

I put all my profit into credits!!  This coin will be the eth killer, doing 1mtps , lot of partnesrhip and many more.

No taxes is one of the reasons to invest in the cryptocurrencies. Meanwhile, people invest not only in the cryptocurrency. They buy private property, gold, silver, platinum, open their business, etc.
nasekguring

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:21:34 PM

If you want to separate investments you may have to start with coins that already have the potential to grow and already in the top 100 coinmarketcap. Because if you are not careful in choosing the coin you want to invest in my opinion it will give you a loss because you don't know about the future of the coin and good luck
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:42:05 AM

Bitcoin prices from year to year always increase prices and cryptocurrency the best for now seems like bitcoin from year to year is only bitcoin that can provide benefits for those who trade and who hold bitcoin as much as they can get a lot of profit
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:24:31 AM

I put all my profit into credits!!  This coin will be the eth killer, doing 1mtps , lot of partnesrhip and many more.

No taxes is one of the reasons to invest in the cryptocurrencies. Meanwhile, people invest not only in the cryptocurrency. They buy private property, gold, silver, platinum, open their business, etc.
well, for now there are so many types of crytpocurrency that are good for investment tools, but as good as cryptocurrency, if you are looking for the best investment is gold, silver and silver. but, if not, maybe bitcoin, and ETH is the main choice.
Affilate User

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

for now in 2018 I suggest you can invest and buy as many XRP coins as you can because I see this year there will be a good development from XRP maybe the price can go up again and can be very expensive so you should be able to prepare assets you are XRP.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

I think ETH seems like it has the biggest chance. Right now it is so low that even miners are becoming hopeless about the prices and they are trying to do their best to keep the price afloat but because of the ICO owners selling the ETH they got for giving out their tokens the price kept falling, we have given too much ETH to too few people and in the end the ETH prices was under their control, from now on tho I do not think the price can stay this low for a long time. I think whenever the markets are going up ETH will go up faster than others because it has more to catch up than most. Also nano is another one I think will go up high.
esetop01tryba

Activity: 238

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:21:57 PM

It is difficult to invest at the moment in the market as it is downward but everyone is well aware of the risks when buying a crypto currency ! I think it's beneficial to go that's what I do ! I bought while ETH and follow the prospective altcoins!

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:29:09 PM

for now in 2018 I suggest you can invest and buy as many XRP coins as you can because I see this year there will be a good development from XRP maybe the price can go up again and can be very expensive so you should be able to prepare assets you are XRP.
I bought some XRP last year. and this year they drop 60% less. I bought each for 1$ and now that is 0.4$. so I am at lost at the moment. I don't think it'll increase very soon. so my investment is locked until it recovers. and if I sell it now. I'll be in 100% lose.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:36:25 AM

I bought some XRP last year. and this year they drop 60% less. I bought each for 1$ and now that is 0.4$. so I am at lost at the moment. I don't think it'll increase very soon. so my investment is locked until it recovers. and if I sell it now. I'll be in 100% lose.

I should better invest in the real cryptocurrencies that are in the top-20, man. The best tokens for me are still Ethereum, DASH, Cardano, TRON, ICON, and Stellar.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:33:51 AM

I should better invest in the real cryptocurrencies that are in the top-20, man. The best tokens for me are still Ethereum, DASH, Cardano, TRON, ICON, and Stellar.

Choosing the top twenty is a great choice because we can get many lists of coins that we can buy in the exchanges. I think you can choose the cheap coin and middle coin and many coins are profitable in shortly. Cardano, tron, xrp, stellar, xem, iota, tezos, vechain, and dogecoin is the low coin price. Eos, neo, etc, omg is the next coin price which less than $20. And you can see that you have a big coin list that you can buy but always makes analysis before you buy.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄