Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin become an asset  (Read 6563 times)
Alex_Kidd

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:24:31 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/south-korean-supreme-court-rules-bitcoin-asset/

I read about this news that in south korea bitcoin is legally become recognizeable as asset. I do think bitcoin is a currency and not an asset. I dont know whether this is good news or not for cryptocurrency. One thing i believe with legalization from goverment i do think more investors will come to invest in bitcoin, but i think if bitcoin become an asset its not as it suppose to because i believe bitcoin should be a currency which is currency is for transaction and asset is not for transaction.

I agree with you, bitcoin was born as a currency, but I understand that right now some people see it more as a asset since it's not very used for payments but instead to store value. I hope things will change in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blaqbox

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:34:23 PM

An asset is anything that is considered useful or precious or valuable. A currency is also a system of money that is used as a medium of exchange. Bitcoin has made some people very wealthy and brought happiness to many, as such, it fits as an asset. It is also used for some purchases. Thus, Bitcoin fits both as a currency and an asset.
Junluyna

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:46:34 PM

With the advent of cryptocurrency, the world has changed a lot.Yes, it all started as a tool for transactions, but today bitcoin is a powerful cryptocurrency, and I hope that we will see its growth soon.
icreative998

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:13:54 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/south-korean-supreme-court-rules-bitcoin-asset/

I read about this news that in south korea bitcoin is legally become recognizeable as asset. I do think bitcoin is a currency and not an asset. I dont know whether this is good news or not for cryptocurrency. One thing i believe with legalization from goverment i do think more investors will come to invest in bitcoin, but i think if bitcoin become an asset its not as it suppose to because i believe bitcoin should be a currency which is currency is for transaction and asset is not for transaction.

I think crypto is just like cash for property because many people see face to face as a kind of asset that can be used for the long term future so I find the view of this article quite true for many people but there is one What we can not be sure is whether bitcoin can last or not
Jakson123777

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:08:45 PM

People instead of using it as a currency they instead started to treat it as an investment.We all know that Bitcoin could give us high profit and make us profitable in the future.An asset earns you more income and bitcoin is doing just that.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:17:20 PM

In my opinion, BTC is always the most valuable asset to me. And I also believe that in the future it will become the most powerful and worthwhile money. With the continuous development trend of modern technology countries will gradually formalize BTC and it will be available on every trading platform in the world.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:20:58 PM

Personally speaking, I prefer to utilize my Bitcoins as assets in my trading and investments rather than using them to shop online. Don't get me wrong, I was also able to use it as a mode of payment before, no hassles, I just see it as more convenient and efficient using it in trading and investment. Its value is so much that, I am having a hard time spending it online wherein I can spend fiat anyways.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:27:07 PM

Since bitcoin as a currency is not stable , like how a currency should be.
So it cannot be just a currency, it is also an investment.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:29:58 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that is tradable and can be exchanged for other digital currencies and also fiat. It has a value, and can be used to store funds, (although it's volatility makes irmt better suited for investing and trading)
It can also be referred to as an asset
syauqialbaana

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:34:00 PM

I think Bitcoin is an asset and is used for financial purposes, just like cash and currency and has a good impact on the economy as well. if bitcoin allows as a legal currency then the value of this currency will be more than now. Bitcoin can now be seen not only as a digital currency but also as a perceptive asset, in many countries bitcoin is used as an asset for investment .
nabilanur

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:50:55 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is actually each of the cryptocurrency as well as a good resource. Because of deal delays through system blockage within the second option a part of 2017, it had been progressively thought to be electronic precious metal because of its shortage. Since the Super System will get used, we will have this utilized because of each the foreign currency as well as shop associated with worth.
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:55:22 PM

An asset is anything that is considered useful or precious or valuable. A currency is also a system of money that is used as a medium of exchange. Bitcoin has made some people very wealthy and brought happiness to many, as such, it fits as an asset. It is also used for some purchases. Thus, Bitcoin fits both as a currency and an asset.
any asset should have liquidity, bitcoin currently has liquidity among other cryptocurrencies, but how long will bitcoin's monopoly last?

seniorita

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:00:33 PM

Bitcoin obviously a currency that's why it called cryptocurrency, but for now bitcoin can become asset too, i don't see any problem with that.
People use bitcoin for investment because for now bitcoin price not stable, that why many people prefer using it for investment not for payment.
Xlady
Copper Member

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:03:28 PM

Bitcoin can be both a currency and an Asset. A digital asset. And it is a good thing that it is being recognised as that. welcome development.
DannyMarco

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

Right now it is not an asset but in the future there will be a big possibility for bitcoin to an asset and it can be hoped that it will become number one asset.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:46:23 PM

personally i think bitcoin is an assets,when ever bitcoin is a currency, but bitcoin currency is very strong currency so we can say bitcoin is a currency and big an asset.
According to me bitcoin is an assets for everything which are related to money. Bitcoin is biggest asset for investment purposes. Bitcoin mainly use for short term investment purposes because of its increasing market price. Bitcoin is also as a international money transaction medium because of its untraceable and uninterrupted money transaction facility. It is also use as asset for international money exchange medium. Sometime Bitcoin is also an asset for a negative purpose like criminal activities like cyber crime, malware attack etc.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:25:54 PM

I think Bitcoin is an asset because there is only a finite amount.  There will only be 21 million bitcoins total.  Therefore I view bitcoin as an asset.  This is actually a good thing for those who already have bitcoins because of its scarcity. 
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:12:16 PM

Bitcoin obviously a currency that's why it called cryptocurrency, but for now bitcoin can become asset too, i don't see any problem with that.
People use bitcoin for investment because for now bitcoin price not stable, that why many people prefer using it for investment not for payment.

at this time in addition to being a currency, many people use it as an asset for investment, in some countries bitcoin has not been legalized, as in my country bitcoin is prohibited from being used as a currency for payment transactions but is allowed as an asset for investments such as investing in gold, obviously we can't violate government regulations and for now in my country it only makes bitcoin an asset
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

As time goes Bitcoin speeding up and many people are using it and buying for investment. Probably the large number of people who make long-term investments they expect the profits from those investments. They consider that Bitcoin as asset so it's only natural that people say that Bitcoin is an asset. I think Bitcoin is an asset because you can sell your Bitcoin and turn it into USD whenever you like. And Bitcoin is your asset Bitcoin is more fluid than something like home and since its inception tends to increase in value so check it.
Xalata

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:22:51 PM

Currently bitcoin has become an asset beccause most people are not using it to conduct transactions as they should and this is also because bitcoin has not been accepted as a legal payment mode for transactions. I am sure with time we can actually use bitcoin as digital currency in conducting transactions.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: