Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:06:51 AM

I'm in the process of getting quark talk back up.

Sorry for the delay guys.

I say you better wait until the contest is OVER to get quarktalk back up!!!   ROFLMAO!   Grin

Remember how you informed contestants that in order for their submissions to be considered they had to post at quarktalk?   Undecided

I am sure all those that had their submissions posted only at quarktalk highly appreciate that they participated in a bounty contest in which voters didn't even have the chance to see their designs!!!    Lips sealed  

You have some awesome organizational skills there... don't ya Troll Daddy?!?!?    Kiss
Quark Talk has been getting attacked since its inception. And we've been having a hard time keeping it up.

I went back and changed the rules (long before this vote started)… which is why the google doc includes links to other sites/forums.

Thanks
valutov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:14:53 AM

I think leigrecc should win. his has always been my favorite

And whats smargdda's design? Is it bad and is he trying to rig?
The best design!
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:28:02 AM

You played with the matches, kids.

Need I say more?

As a person just trying to win a bit of cash to help myself get on my feet, if you think I'm going to take the kind of abuse I've been subjected to, lying down, you've got another thing coming.

I haven't shared the nasty PM's I've received from 7 or 8 "respected" members of the community because I would simply be accused of fabricating them, so there was no point trying.

One of the PM's contains wording that might be considered a threat of harm upon my person, and so if you expect me to endure such things and still think of Quark as having a welcoming, friendly community, you're crazy. And frankly, I think the public deserves to know that just because something is new, "innovative," and anti-status-quo... that doesn't mean it is any less exclusive, discriminating, or evil than the system it hopes to replace.

If you don't want such things being said or thought about this community, then you shouldn't be allowing members to treat people in such a manner and continue to be respected, unscathed.

Check yourself, Quark, You're stepping down a dark path. Time to shine some light inside and see where the cockroachees manage to scurry off to.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum. That has NOTHING to do with me. But I'm going to tell people about it. You can bet your bottom quark on that.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

I wonder how the public would react to an altcoin community putting a disabled contest entrant through the wringer and cheating him out of a win to serve the "community" with no regard for the actual people within it.

Doesn't look like that to me.

For the most part you seem like a pretty reasonable person. It's such a shame it had to end this way.

OK, you caught me. As my final gift to this wonderful community that has treated me so well, yes, I may indeed get in touch with a relative of mine in the media to give Quark and it's loving community some much deserved media attention. Much deserved indeed.

Your true colours are really showing now. Going to slander the entire Quark community just because of a few within this thread. Good work!

Did I say I was going to have him LIE in the report? No, I will insist that it be truthful. Just remember, if you can be damned by the truth, then it means you are damnable.

You people have given me nothing but grief, and you want to point to MY true colors. The nerve!

Like I said, if you don't want to earn a bad reputation, don't let your members be douche bags. It's that simple. If a few douche bags bring this down, maybe next time you will be a bit more selective about who you let into your little club. Decent people clearly aren't welcome here, and so I'm going to do my best to warn decent people to stay away. Those are some true colors I'm damned proud of.

That you would try to twist my declaration to give the public the truth into something unsavory by calling it my "true" colors, says a lot about your character (or lack thereof) as a person. Viewing virtue as bad, and insisting that someone remain your punching bag for the sake of a fiat currency and the community that goes along with it, shows that you may be suffering from a severe mental illness.

When an endeavor such as this one fails to protect the people it claims to care about, it has already lost the battle. Don't like it? Then get your fucking house in order.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:37:18 AM

If you haven't had a chance to see my designs here they are

come on bitcointalk community vote for me I can still win

Grin
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:01:55 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:18:13 AM by quarkfx

@Ultimist

Just  a few lines:  Your reaction seems to me really shameful. As long as you were taking the lead you were defending your method of gaining votes ALL THE WAY and discredited people who were rising critical thoughts. I don´t think that all reactions to your strategy were fair but your comments on the current voting are exposing your own utter hypocrisy.

I can´t prove where exacxtly the traffic comes from. Fact is that flatlands and me produced a popular promotion video (check my signature) for the Quark song contest that is also hosted on Quarkcoinpromo. There we used a slightly changed version of martijnps logo and referred to this thread in the description. We didn´t expect this to happen, given the fact that martijnp was only in 5th position but with all due respect the source of voters seem to me at least as legitimate as your posts on cryptoforums and others.

Now you come up and go all along cheating and manipulation, even though the exploding voting looks exactly the same like yours. Obviously you invested a lot of time in campaigning but this doesnt legitimate your screaming and complaining.

As I said from page 6 on. I am still in favour of a fair reboot of this challenge. However, I would like to underline that the current development is likely to be influenced by the video and not by fraud.
feeler950

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:47:27 AM

It's hilarious seeing designers attitudes towards the contest change based on where they're at in the pollings.

I'm keeping my word, we're riding this one till the very end.  Grin

Winner gets 120K QRK.

P.S GO boxxl GO!
How about splitting 20K among the runners up!  A lot of their work is already being used by the community they really deserve something for their efforts....

Congratulations to all who have entered; to those without votes I hope you realize as the voting heated up people did not want their vote wasted and went with their preferred contender. It did appeared that someone without votes would be unable to catch up.

+1

Yeah Baby!
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:07:32 PM

Wow. Just...wow.

I can hardly believe what a sham this has turned into.

You all realize that the old logo is going to continue to be used, right?

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:07:20 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:19:58 PM by Ultimist

Now you come up and go all along cheating and manipulation, even though the exploding voting looks exactly the same like yours.

Please go back to whatever shitty English course that taught you English, and get a refund. Obviously you can't read. If you will check, I said I don't believe that martijnp was cheating, despite his sudden rise in votes. Did you miss that part?

It's boxxl who is cheating, trying to catch up. And that will become even more apparent as this final day of voting plays out.

Next, I read your comments from the other day where you suggested that the "votation" should be rebooted, because the current method is "inaceptable."

There is no such word as "votation." Dictionaries are cheap. It's called a vote you fucking moron.

There is no such word as "inaceptable." Dictionaries are cheap. It's called "unacceptable" you dimwitted vegetable patty.

Why don't you dance your pretty little ass back home until you can bother to learn English properly. Do I go to your precious homeland or post on forums, pretending to know YOUR particular Klingon chicken scratch? Hell no, and I wouldn't unless I knew the language perfectly.

Have some respect for people who know English, and stop making posts that sound like posts from an under-educated child.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:18:34 PM

Okay... So you think you can ascertain my mental stability based on an Internet forum?
You're god-damned right I can. An absolutely correct diagnosis, as well.

Lastly... How are we suppose to know users are harassing you via PMs if you don't speak up and show us? I nor anyone else can do anything about what we don't know.

Good grief. If only you people would read my entire posts instead of skimming. I said I haven't revealed those PM's because I would be accused of fabricating them. I was already being accused of everything under the sun. Do you think that I said to myself, "They'll believe me about this, even though they don't believe me on anything else."

No!!!

There's absolutely no point trying to convince you of anything. If I posted the PM's I can see already what would happen. People would cry "FAKE," "He made them up himself," "He's trying to embarrass respected members of our little club," etc... Do you think I am right or wrong about this assessment of what would have happened? Hmm?

Anyway, I know who the cowards are around here, who are too afraid to express their most extreme opinions in front of all of you, because they need to save face and keep up appearances. Some of you might not be able to handle the truth of what I know about a few of the people you adore so much.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:22:47 PM

Glad to see the truly deserving logos in first place. Go martijnp!!

quarkfx

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:25:29 PM

Please go back to whatever shitty English course that taught you English, and get a refund. (...) Why don't you dance your pretty little ass back home until you can bother to learn English properly. Do I go to your precious homeland or post on forums, pretending to know YOUR particular Klingon chicken scratch? Hell no, and I wouldn't unless I knew the language perfectly.

Here we go, personal attacks. Maybe you missed the point that my crappy English is completely irrelevant and does not change your strange behaviour. Besides, bitcointalk has no "homeland" or whatever you try to imply here. We´re talking english for pragmatic reasons.

If you will check, I said I don't believe that martijnp was cheating, despite his sudden rise in votes. Did you miss that part?

Nope, and I didn´t say you were accusing martijnp, quote me if I´m wrong. Fact is that you started to complain like a Diva when it turned out that you were overtaken by others and immediately suggested some sort of conspiracy aginst you. You never thought that the result could actually be legitimate, why would you, right?

I am sorry, but your reaction to my post is even more embarrasing than my english and certainly more embarrasing than your behaviour before.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:08:34 PM

I am sorry, but your reaction to my post is even more embarrasing than my english and certainly more embarrasing than your behaviour before.

It's spelled "embarrassing."

Your words have condemned you, though, on this matter of what you *were* and *were not* referring to...

You were very much trying to imply that I was complaining about martijnp's sudden rise in votes, in particular. That is the very one you were defending by talking about the video that was made, that you couldn't explain it, etc.

Stop trying to backpedal. You said what you said and it can only be applied to martijnp, whom I specifically said was NOT cheating.

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

It's spelled "embarrassing."

Your words have condemned you, though, on this matter of what you *were* and *were not* referring to...

You were very much trying to imply that I was complaining about martijnp's sudden rise in votes, in particular. That is the very one you were defending by talking about the video that was made, that you couldn't explain it, etc.

Stop trying to backpedal. You said what you said and it can only be applied to martijnp, whom I specifically said was NOT cheating.

You shouldn't mention about anyone's grammar when you're arguing.

You should appreciate the fact that he can understand and reply back to you.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:32:27 PM

There is no harm in proving your unsubstantiated claims and you may even vindicate yourself. Right now it just looks like your a trying to twist this situation to your favour.

I've already resigned from the contest. Whose favor would I be hoping to gain at this point? How would gaining such favor help me in my life, in any way whatsoever?

Second, I don't care if you respect me. I didn't and do not respect you. You tried to make my campaigning efforts sound so immoral and terrible, as if I had killed someone.

If you don't think people should campaign for votes, I hope you are not a hypocrite by living in a country with democratically elected officials? They have to campaign as well, to get their name out there, otherwise people might not even know they are running for office. But to campaign, as you have tried numerous times to imply, is akin to theft or murder. Such beliefs are insane, my friend, and you are the one who espoused them.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:35:41 PM

You shouldn't mention about anyone's grammar when you're arguing.

You should appreciate the fact that he can understand and reply back to you.

Yes, there are many rules of etiquette at play in the internet realm, such as not ratting someone out when they've offered questionable solutions to practical problems.

Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:01:32 PM

How does that martin guy suddenly have 700 votes?? AngryHuhHuhHuh
quarkfx

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Lol, I didn´t say that you were accusing martijnp of cheating. Quote me or stop accusing me! You suggested that someone was rigging the results in the case of martijnp and I pointed out that this was hypocritical, given the fact that you complained that people accused you for rigging when your own results were skyrocketing. Remember?

FlipPro, in all honesty I don"t think you can allow the madness to continue at this point.(...) I think martijnp should win if I'm honest. I shouldn't be so kind since he turned against me at some point and accused me of questionable things, but i am fairly certain (at least hoping in my heart) that he is not responsible for the currently absurd state of the vote, even though his votes have skyrocketed from 20 yesterday. Despite that, I don't think he is guilty. I have my own suspicions about who is really responsible but I'm going to keep it to myself, since no one will believe me anyway.

I don´t mind if you think you have to insult my grammar, but I must tell you that it rather casts an unfavourable light on your argumentation. I can communicate in five languages, I make errors all the time and I don´t have a problem with that as long as people understand what I am saying - which is, as KeyserSozeMC pointed out - the only important thing.

Btw. I am out. Talk to yourself  or insult others that are pointing to the same hipocrisy.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

You suggested that someone was rigging the results in the case of martijnp and I pointed out that this was hypocritical...

I never said any such thing. That's why I have a problem with what you said. You had better go back and re-read. Again your lack of reading skills has failed you.

I named the person who is cheating, and it wasn't martijnp.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:26:29 PM

I hope you don't think so little of theft and murder as your statement suggests.

So, pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare campaigning for a vote, to theft or murder, suggests I think little of those things? If I thought so little of them, wouldn't have I said instead, "Yes, you're right. They're equal in horrendousness."

Good grief, I've entered the Twilight Zone where good is bad, bad is good, and up is down. What the FUCK is up with some of you?

Let me educate you as to what such a comparison means. I made the comparison to point out how much more SERIOUS theft and murder are, than "campaigning for votes."

But maybe you aren't all that adept at English, either. That's a disease that seems fairly prominent around here.

By the way, by comparing my campaigning to someone campaigning for president in a foreign country, you have basically admitted that everyday people are not welcomed in this community. So, I was campaigning in foreign territory where i am not considered a "citizen" and where my rights as a human being are not recognized. Gotcha.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: