Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Shrem  (Read 1283 times)
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

http://teespring.com/freeshrem?utm_source=perfaudience&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=dynamicads

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

In case you didn't hear, Charlie made bail right away.  He'll not spend another night in jail.  I'm predicting that with some confidence.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:56:49 PM

Yea, I know.  I just thought the shirt was funny.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:02:33 AM

Yea, I know.  I just thought the shirt was funny.

I'd find a 'Free Karpeles' one more amusing at this juncture.  Like the 'Impeach Ronald Reagan' bumper stickers in 1980.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Karpeles is incarcerated??  What did I miss??
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:18:59 AM

The joke.  Hint:  It had a component of predicting the future.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

Ha.  Yes he could be next.  If only he wasn't in Japan.  (What is their extradition policy with the US??)
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

Ha.  Yes he could be next.  If only he wasn't in Japan.  (What is their extradition policy with the US??)

Japan's policy here likely mirrors that of most of our vassals.  That is, "Do what the fuck we say."  Forcing down Morales' airplane was a good example of this.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:32:44 AM

I don't see Money Laundering on here:
http://internationalextraditionblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/japan.pdf

1. Murder, manslaughter, including causing death through solicitation or assistance
2. Assault made with intent to commit murder
3. Malicious wounding, injury or assault
4. Illegal abortion
5. Abandonment which causes bodily harm or death
6. An offense relating to kidnapping, abduction or unlawful arrest or imprisonment
7. Threat
8. Rape, indecent assault
9. An offense relating to pandering or prostitution
10. An offense relating to obscene material
11. Bigamy
12. Burglary
13. Robbery
14. Larceny
15. Extortion, blackmail
16. Fraud (obtaining property, money, valuable securities, or other things of economic value by false pretenses or by fraudulent means)
17. Embezzlement, breach of trust by a person [*19] who is in a fiduciary relationship
18. An offense relating to unlawfully obtained property
19. An offense relating to damage of property, documents, or facilities
20. An offense against the laws relating to protection of industrial property or copyright
21. Obstruction of business by violence or threat
22. Arson, burning through gross negligence
23. Leading, directing or inciting a riot
24. An offense against the laws relating to protection of public health
25. An offense endangering public safety through explosion, water power or other destructive means
26. Piracy according to the law of nations
27. An offense relating to unlawful seizure or exercise of control of trains, aircraft, vessel or other means of transportation
28. An offense interfering with or endangering the normal operation of trains, aircraft, vessel or other means of transportation
29. An offense against the laws relating to the control of explosive substances, incendiary devices or dangerous or prohibited weapons
30. An offense against the laws relating to the control of narcotic drugs, cannabis, psychotropic drugs, cocaine, or their precursors or derivatives, or other dangerous drugs or [*20] chemicals
31. An offense against the laws relating to the control of poisons or other substances injurious to health
32. An offense relating to forgery or counterfeiting
33. An offense against the laws relating to the control of gambling or lotteries
34. Assault or threat upon public official relating to the execution of his duty
35. An offense relating to false statements
36. An offense relating to perjury
37. An offense relating to escape from confinement of a person detained or serving a sentence for an offense specified in paragraph 1 of Article II of this Treaty
38. An offense relating to obstruction of justice, including harboring criminals and suppressing or destroying evidence
39. Bribery
40. An offense relating to abuse of official authority
41. An offense against the laws relating to the control of public elections or political contributions and expenditures
42. An offense relating to willful evasion of taxes and duties
43. An offense against the laws relating to the control of companies or other corporations
44. An offense against the laws relating to bankruptcy or rehabilitation of a company
45. An offense against the laws relating to prohibition [*21] of private monopoly or unfair business transactions
46. An offense against the laws relating to the control of exportation and importation or international transfer of funds
47. Attempt, conspiracy, assistance, solicitation, preparation for, or participation in, the commission of any of the above-mentioned offenses
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

47. Attempt, conspiracy, assistance, solicitation, preparation for, or participation in, the commission of any of the above-mentioned offenses

I left the most important one.  Mt. Gox could be tied to a majority of the rest through that one.

Anyway, 'terrorism' trumps all (including some vassal state's cute little list.)  I'll bet money that Mt. Gox had many customers who could be linked to 'terrorism' since it has a very flexible definition.  In fact, Bitcoin itself has been described by some U.S. officials as 'a unique form of terrorism' IIRC.

If that were not enough, Japan is saved from retribution for the Nanking-ish stuff by U.S. power (for now...and mostly because they've not yet disclosed their nuclear weapons program though it's pretty obvious to some when a country burns MOX in their reactors...)

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:54:12 AM

In fact, Bitcoin itself has been described by some U.S. officials as 'a unique form of terrorism' IIRC.

If you can cite this please do.  I've never heard or read this from any US Official.  The US DOJ, the US Secret Service, FinCEN, the FED, the Department of Homeland Security and others have all stated emphatically that decentralized virtual currencies hold promise and that their major concern with its use is in illicit activity such as money laundering, terrorist financing and income tax evasion.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:10:15 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 01:22:47 AM by tvbcof

In fact, Bitcoin itself has been described by some U.S. officials as 'a unique form of terrorism' IIRC.

If you can cite this please do.  I've never heard or read this from any US Official.  The US DOJ, the US Secret Service, FinCEN, the FED, the Department of Homeland Security and others have all stated emphatically that decentralized virtual currencies hold promise and that their major concern with its use is in illicit activity such as money laundering, terrorist financing and income tax evasion.

Probably I got the bug in my head from something associated with this (which I found Google searching):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4708.0

So, I'm glad I used the 'IIRC' tag.  But I don't think it is at all a stretch to be concerned that distributed crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin could be construed as 'Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country...'.  That is, in fact, exactly the way I personally view it.  And the attempts are directly associated with the mis-use that I see in the 'legitimate currency'.

- edit: and my main point was about the flexibility and utility of the term 'terrorism' anyway.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:23:02 AM

Fuck shrem.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:26:33 AM

Fuck shrem.

Ahhh.... Looks like he FUCKED himself.....
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:50:52 AM

People will be saying the same thing about you and me BCB, because it is not possible to never commit a "crime" when you live under totalitarian rule.

"She was asking for it [by daring to think any exercise of victimless economic liberty whatsoever, without bribing the government, would not be punished]!"

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:15:19 PM

TBZ  - We don't even need to commit a crime to be accused.  The mere idea of being caught up in the NSA's algorithm for reading the wrong books, or visiting the wrong countries or having the wrong friends can get you branded and investigated as a terrorist and if your skin is brown or your name is hard to pronounce they can even lock you up for years with out legal due process or even just kill you with a drone.

#FRIGHTENING

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/01/edward-snowden-intelligence-leak-nsa-contractor-extract  
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:20:09 PM

1. Murder, manslaughter, including causing death through solicitation or assistance
2. Assault made with intent to commit murder
3. Malicious wounding, injury or assault
4. Illegal abortion
5. Abandonment which causes bodily harm or death
6. An offense relating to kidnapping, abduction or unlawful arrest or imprisonment
7. Threat
8. Rape, indecent assault
9. An offense relating to pandering or prostitution
10. An offense relating to obscene material
11. Bigamy
12. Burglary
13. Robbery
14. Larceny
15. Extortion, blackmail
16. Fraud (obtaining property, money, valuable securities, or other things of economic value by false pretenses or by fraudulent means)
17. Embezzlement, breach of trust by a person [*19] who is in a fiduciary relationship
18. An offense relating to unlawfully obtained property
19. An offense relating to damage of property, documents, or facilities
20. An offense against the laws relating to protection of industrial property or copyright
21. Obstruction of business by violence or threat
22. Arson, burning through gross negligence
23. Leading, directing or inciting a riot
24. An offense against the laws relating to protection of public health
25. An offense endangering public safety through explosion, water power or other destructive means
26. Piracy according to the law of nations
27. An offense relating to unlawful seizure or exercise of control of trains, aircraft, vessel or other means of transportation
28. An offense interfering with or endangering the normal operation of trains, aircraft, vessel or other means of transportation
29. An offense against the laws relating to the control of explosive substances, incendiary devices or dangerous or prohibited weapons
30. An offense against the laws relating to the control of narcotic drugs, cannabis, psychotropic drugs, cocaine, or their precursors or derivatives, or other dangerous drugs or [*20] chemicals
31. An offense against the laws relating to the control of poisons or other substances injurious to health
32. An offense relating to forgery or counterfeiting
33. An offense against the laws relating to the control of gambling or lotteries
34. Assault or threat upon public official relating to the execution of his duty
35. An offense relating to false statements
36. An offense relating to perjury
37. An offense relating to escape from confinement of a person detained or serving a sentence for an offense specified in paragraph 1 of Article II of this Treaty
38. An offense relating to obstruction of justice, including harboring criminals and suppressing or destroying evidence
39. Bribery
40. An offense relating to abuse of official authority
41. An offense against the laws relating to the control of public elections or political contributions and expenditures
42. An offense relating to willful evasion of taxes and duties
43. An offense against the laws relating to the control of companies or other corporations
44. An offense against the laws relating to bankruptcy or rehabilitation of a company
45. An offense against the laws relating to prohibition [*21] of private monopoly or unfair business transactions
46. An offense against the laws relating to the control of exportation and importation or international transfer of funds

Then we'll use what's closest. Would number 8 work?

BTW, love the shirt, OP!

~TMIBTCITW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: