Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the price is fully manipulated?  (Read 3037 times)
LooBaao

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:42:41 PM

I think with the current trend of growth, perhaps there is a force that is trying to manipulate the BTC, which is characteristic of the market, growing stronger while the other coin is constantly decreasing.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:58:33 PM

Maybe,  it is being manipulated by a big investors who wanted to earn a higher profits.  As the small investors get panic,  they will surely sell the coin at the very low price.

Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:09:06 PM

Prices of bitcoin and other cryptos may be manipulated but it cannot go on forever. A shift in prices are likely to affect emotions and people may begin to sell at a much more lower price and this may delay bull markets by a country mile. Bad/Good news affect the market massively as well.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

Maybe,  it is being manipulated by a big investors who wanted to earn a higher profits.  As the small investors get panic,  they will surely sell the coin at the very low price.
Yes I agree on that big investors have the will to make price being drop and maybe pump in a verry quick ways. They have the power to male things possible . Bit I believe that it is also hard for them to manipulate maybe they are a group of investors which is manipulating price for their own. They are real greedy and they wanted many more profit even of they are already billionaire I guess.

yupek

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:04:03 AM

there is always a chance to be manipulated price but think positively. indeed there are institutions that oversee the movement of the market. for we always have a disadvantaged and benefited if the market manipulated. and hopefully we always be given a fortune.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:04:49 AM

Sometimes most of the people who are holding the coins will manipulate the price but it won't stay much longer there. Soon the price will dump faster and makes the investors lose their money. Don't fall for pump and dump, it will make you lose money when there are manipulations.
TheReverend

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:18:44 AM

i think not, because if the price manipulate so they can make price dump and pump faster, but its normal when the price go up because so many demand, then some people want to take profit by selling BTC that make the price dump, and now that stable at 7000-7700.
about the exchange, i think they cannot handle because in 1 day maybe 100 - 1000 account registered, so they close the registered for a while.
longminh123

Activity: 432

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:12:50 AM

i think not, because if the price manipulate so they can make price dump and pump faster, but its normal when the price go up because so many demand, then some people want to take profit by selling BTC that make the price dump, and now that stable at 7000-7700.
about the exchange, i think they cannot handle because in 1 day maybe 100 - 1000 account registered, so they close the registered for a while.
I agree with your thoughts. This market is very different from 2017 and all altcoins have not had a good recovery in this time. Most of the whales involved can be pump very high for a short time, but now it is very little because most whales are traveling this year and they are not ready to return to the market.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:08:50 AM

For some moments in price changes there may be interference by whales, but to think that overall price changes are manipulated by someone is a difficult thing to do. we know that bitcoin has a huge marketcap of up to billions of dollars, and it would be very difficult to do manipulation when the marketcap is very large..
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:44:10 AM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.

Yes I believe the price of bitcoin's manipulated (often manipulated) but not fully manipulated, the decline in bitcoin prices can occur by the user's own behavior namely by how to do sales. With sales it certainly can increase the amount of bitcoin supply and result in on the weakening of bitcoin prices.

gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:39:25 AM

There are always manipulations everywhere. Before, most manipulators in the crypto market are personally people but nowadays I can say that huge banks and the top rich people in the world are having their stakes and are also trying to manipulate it.
Most especially for a market that is driven by speculation. We all know as much as value this market creates, very few are utilizing it for what it is and most people are actually just trying to find means to get rich overnight and discarding the real value and since that is the case, it has made the market to become purely speculative, driven by FUD or FOMO, the whales trying to drive it up or down to their own advantage and we just cannot hide from it.

Even bitcoin marketcap is big, only very few people are into active trading and the number of reputed marketplaces also very less. These are the things which will help manipulators as forex kind of markets are having completely different senario compared to cryptos which means manipulations are still possible.
Price of Bitcoin at this current stage is not better for sellers but better for buyers so it is not looking fine for those who have invested in it and now waiting for the price to go high. The price of Bitcoin can manipulate in the positive direction only if we start buying it more and more and hold then so that the price will go higher which is the well and wish of all of us as we are here for profit.
1978lover

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

Closing the accounts does not really mean that the prices are manipulated. 
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:13:29 PM

Closing the accounts does not really mean that the prices are manipulated. 
I think that this topic does not need to argue, because everyone already knows that the crypto-currency market is not only being tried, but successfully manipulated. First of all, those who have a greater number of crypto-currencies. But as I know, even closed societies are being created to successfully adjust the market for themselves.
consideritdone

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

I called last gain last week a trap
This time I call trap again
Someone please tell me I wrong
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bitcoin
kafnan

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:09:08 PM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.

Buy the physical, and do not keep it in a bank or safe deposit box.  It will be confiscated.
If you do not hold it, you do not own it, and owning  paper substitute means nothing.Crypto market is been manipulated because of they news surrounding it's growth, when a top personality says a bad news that concern crypto eventually you have to see they effect or when there is hacks also they market drops
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:27:56 AM

I'm hesitant to know how. But if manipulated, within the first six months of 2018 will never grow. So it can not be called manipulative
I will tell you about the fact that the price can be manipulated and about the full manipulation, I am a bit uncertain because the whales have the power to shift a big amount of Bitcoin from one exchange to another and thereby lowering the demand for Bitcoin to a reasonable percent is short time but the remaining users, if do not respond to the change in the values and rather stick to the initial strategies, can actually help the market overcome the effect endorsed by the manipulators. So the price cannot be fully manipulated.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1960
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

It is not "fully" manipulated. I mean people can try to manipulate it and we saw that with the "short futures" that whales of usa actually decided to sell their bitcoins to use that as capital to buying short futures and combining short buys and bitcoin sells they made even more than hoping it will go up. All of which means it was manipulated however if they could they would change the price to 100$ , they have power to manipulate it only so far.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:55:34 AM

I think that there are a lot of factors which influence the coin prices, btc is of the great demand and its popularity is one of the determining factors which affect the price . it will increase in the nearest future
duc4487

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:20:00 AM

From my point of view, we are in the third quarter of this year, and from this moment , the market seems to release, so it is normal to see the price going up at time like this. Even though whales might have certain impact on the market, I don't actually think they could fully manipulated the price
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:40:56 AM

It will take allot of money before they can manipulate the market. And i don't think that some people can do that. But there are so many people telling that somebody is manipulating the prices.
Actually this is really shocking to hear from you. People are always blaming bitcoin to be manipulated for so long time and yeah this blame is right. There are investors we call them whales that are always making impact on market. They always try to manipulate the market. Many times they just get succeed and sometimes pole don’t listen them. But this isn’t god in bitcoin’s mark.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: