Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two important strategies in crypto trading  (Read 1399 times)
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:18:10 PM

In crypto trading our choices and decision are as important as the profit we come out with in the trades, but to be the best we have to perfect those choices.

Many people are familiar with buy and hold as a good strategy to make profit, of course this has been a good strategy for many, but for the day traders who don't have to wait all this long on a single trade, they have to follow a different other method which is buy and sell when they are at certain smaller percentage profit. But when you combine this two methods in your trading you tend to make more stable profit than anyone using only one approach.
Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences on this
If a person is lover of day trading then he will not wait for their coins in the second day only if he will lose in that day trade and he will have the heart for to wait for some more time. Otherwise the day traders consider the wait as not part of the day trading and they only buy the coins at low and sell at high on that day for getting the profit.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 10:24:13 PM

Here were said a lot of great and simple ideas that could make you a successful trader if you use them wisely and have enough skills.

I want to add that I see some similar things in day trading and good position trading: main thing is strategy (not only enter point, but taking profit steps and plan what to do if everything goes opposite to your initial plan), also you need good risk management and of course cool head (greed and fear are the main things for hamsters. And they work at any timeframe). As for me day trading for a tiny percent (like trading in channel) is a job for trading bots. Real human-trader must look for opportunities and he could find them with combination of technical and fundamental analyses, as it is done before a good long term investment, but in different scale of course)

Everybody need to find his own ratio of risk, timeframes, proportion of short- and long term investments and analyses techniques. The main thing for me is not to move all my trading deposit into long term investments by loosing the moment to exit Wink

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:28:27 AM

When doing crypto trade we can not guarantee all open potition will profit, and the prediction can be wrong, so in my opinion use stopp loss in every trade is very important to avoid bigger loss. And by use stop loss, we can make other open potition in better price. And when we are in profit also important to use trailling stop to locked the profit.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:59:24 AM

When doing crypto trade we can not guarantee all open potition will profit, and the prediction can be wrong, so in my opinion use stopp loss in every trade is very important to avoid bigger loss. And by use stop loss, we can make other open potition in better price. And when we are in profit also important to use trailling stop to locked the profit.
Setting your target and cut loss price is really important in trading because it prevents you from being greedy. If you want to hold on your coin then its more on investing. Strategies in crypto is crucial because this market is really unpredictable and your indicators might be wrong. This is a tough job to monitor the price movements but it can be done well just focus on your goal.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:10:25 PM

i thinkt hat the best way to succeed while trading is just by following your own strategy, there is no need to follow other strategies because it wont suit on your trading mode.

Beginners need some tips and support from an experienced trader. sometime you will need it.
but obviously your trade is your own responsibility... Cool
Yes, your trade will always be your own responsibility which is the reason why you should never count fully on the support of other professional traders and even if you want to use them as a guideline, you should be smart enough to understand the market.

Must be able to analyze the market yourself and must know when to be stopping loss incase anything happens and be ready to stick with that so you do not end up getting screwed in a volatile market where the professional is making an exit decision and you are busy holding a market that is falling further.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:28:14 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 12:40:37 PM by Aikidoka

Easily said, hardly done. You just need to have your lucky days by all your side. Day trading has never been easy at all. Your first failure will make you reconsider taking that decision in the first place. It feels good to take a risk and then win. But that risk will not be in your favor for a long time. There will come a time when you lose all your funds and think for yourself what would happen if you had not taken that decision. I am more of long-term trading.
rajkr

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:43:44 AM

Profit bookings and proper stop loss are two major strategy for good profit in crypto trading.When one coin goes up, one should sell it partially and if it goes lower dint wait for long but exit at fixced value.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:31:56 AM

its too much stressful to do day trading because you need to check the price from time to time. i would prefer to buy and hold long term, for promising project only. Then forget that coin for atleast 6 months. Life is not all about money so we need to enjoy life to the fullest. Long term hold big chance to become rich than short trade.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:55:21 AM

I do trading depending on the capital I spend, if only have a little I will do trading with short term or day trading. This method is a bit powerful to increase profit, use a little capital when trading that I feel is not having a large burden. I am not afraid to lose, because it has become a result. But when I have big capital, I will choose for long term trading, I will sell if bitcoin price really crashes drastically. This is just a strategy that I have, surely everyone will have a different strategy.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:19:17 AM

its too much stressful to do day trading because you need to check the price from time to time. i would prefer to buy and hold long term, for promising project only. Then forget that coin for atleast 6 months. Life is not all about money so we need to enjoy life to the fullest. Long term hold big chance to become rich than short trade.

In day trading not just checking price time to time but also need to spend a lot of time to check the market sentiments and news because if we are late to react to the news then we may lose our money in day trading. So if one wants to make quick money in short-term then they should fix only small amount for day trading and more money should invest only for a long-term holding purpose. But if we make a profit in short-term from our long-term investments then we should book some profit and keep some instead just holding very long term.
Gadhoh

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:08:14 AM

In crypto trading our choices and decision are as important as the profit we come out with in the trades, but to be the best we have to perfect those choices.

Many people are familiar with buy and hold as a good strategy to make profit, of course this has been a good strategy for many, but for the day traders who don't have to wait all this long on a single trade, they have to follow a different other method which is buy and sell when they are at certain smaller percentage profit. But when you combine this two methods in your trading you tend to make more stable profit than anyone using only one approach.
Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences on this
It can be a great combination because for me to do the strategy according to the condition and the situation is the most appropriate choice. We can not force our strategy if we do not get a good momentum, so make a decision according to the conditions. Making a decision in the trading world is the hardest thing to do, it is best to do the analysis and take the right momentum.
You will find that different exchanges serve different markets. Today, most countries have at least one crypto currency exchange specializing in their own currency.
Nonie

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:28:28 AM

for me I use 70% for long-term strategy and 30% to play daily trading. it's pretty effective to play patiently and do not panic it would be profitable. and select the coins that have a good project

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

I doing day trading and while waiting for best entry, i also spend times to make research which coin can be has good future and has potential to give   minimum 10 times profit, actually in this bearish market there some crypto already given 10 times profit just in a month but somestimes we miss it because we dont make research and learn about the project, so important also to learn new coin /token to understanding fundamental of the project.
I tried day trading once and it is not that fun because you have to be glued to the screen most of the time. However, for the pattern of at least a long term style of trading, it is one pattern I have grown to like the most even if it is 4 hour time frame. The thing is to always find what works best for you and stick with it knowing you can handle it better.

Not everyone can trade anyway but for anyone who wants to enjoy the best of the market, I would say that learning even at least long term pattern of trading should be good and important. We all want to earn unlimited from trading which may possible only when we will be ready to learn unlimited.
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:58:28 AM

I was a former forex day trader and usually I got burnt. Lucky, I found cryptocurrency that works really simple to make money which is buy low and sell high. Unless, you do a margin trading in Bitmex and Poloniex. However, honestly I've never traded cryptocurrency in term of day trading because hodling is more than enough to me considering the increasing value of Bitcoin and other major alt coins like Ethreum, EOS, etc every year. So my thought on this, either trading or hodling, better do it at your convenient. If you are mastering trading so do trading, if you are mastering investing, so do investing. More importantly, how consistent you are to make money.
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

Short term buy and sell is also profitable for now but so stressful to do. I am more in favor with buy and hold strategy where i will just stick my money there in my wallet and wait until it gets green again. 80/20 in favor of holding. The rest is day trade or lending something. I dont want to get a full stuck either.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:05:59 AM

Yes, I think combining this strategies is a good idea and in such a way you can reduce the risks. Day trading is much less risky, than long-term, that's why people choose it, but as you want to make more money you have to wait longer and it might turn out that your coin will never come back to the primary price. But if you hold a certain coin and trade with some amount of it daily you not only make daily profit, but also can track its price very accurately and then sell/buy in a perfect moment.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:25:51 PM

I do trading depending on the capital I spend, if only have a little I will do trading with short term or day trading. This method is a bit powerful to increase profit, use a little capital when trading that I feel is not having a large burden. I am not afraid to lose, because it has become a result. But when I have big capital, I will choose for long term trading, I will sell if bitcoin price really crashes drastically. This is just a strategy that I have, surely everyone will have a different strategy.
I think that two very important strategies for investors are capital management and investment psychology because these two directly affect the investment results of investors and it decides to largely public of a trader. Capital management and investment psychology are two factors that any investor should study to have the best investment strategy for himself.

Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:54:16 PM

There is a big article about trading, it is no easy, but like in any business u haave to learn alot and make your own experience

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3217824.msg33457528#msg33457528

Thanks bro, great big picture introduction to trading for people who are interested to learn like me.Trading requires a lot of learning unfortunately most of which only sticks through experience
Markperop

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

There is a big article about trading, it is no easy, but like in any business u haave to learn alot and make your own experience

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3217824.msg33457528#msg33457528

Thanks bro, great big picture introduction to trading for people who are interested to learn like me.Trading requires a lot of learning unfortunately most of which only sticks through experience
experience always comes with time, this clearly indicates a large amount of work. Even on your own mistakes, you can learn and use the knowledge that you can get also on bitcointalk.

HELLO EVERYONE.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:03:59 PM

for me I use 70% for long-term strategy and 30% to play daily trading. it's pretty effective to play patiently and do not panic it would be profitable. and select the coins that have a good project
That is good you have a very good strategy about bitcoin investment, in fact short term investment is not easy and there chances are that you can lose your money, therefore we should try to avoid short term strategy and should invest our money in long term where chances of losing our money is low as compare to short term investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: