Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:14:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Fiat - this is how I see the future  (Read 3917 times)
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:34:47 PM

At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.

In my own opinion, if the entire world or most of the people who are living in a country will be preferring cryptocurrency over fiat and governments can do nothing about that because people will always look for an alternative way to earn money and cryptocurrency is the answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:08:07 PM

At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.

In my own opinion, if the entire world or most of the people who are living in a country will be preferring cryptocurrency over fiat and governments can do nothing about that because people will always look for an alternative way to earn money and cryptocurrency is the answer.
Yes soon there will be only crypto currency and bitcoin instead of fiat so use bitcoin the more will save their future, bitcoin is our future currency because it has a lot of profit and it gets high with time, I am sure bitcoin will be legal world wide as much beneficial it is bitcoin will rule all over the world,. Fiat and paper money system is now being considers as an old fashioned way of payment which is almost getting vanish from the market.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:08:34 PM

Crypto currency is able to displace fiat only up to a certain level. Completely fiat will not disappear. There will always be people who will defend their right to use cash and there will be situations for its exclusive use.
Bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency of the state will not be used because of its high volatility. They will use various centralized coins, including, first of all, national ones. Citizens can choose which crypto currency - centralized or decentralized it is to use.
baby02

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

Hopefully in the future this 2 types of currency become partner for better economy.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:19:05 AM

Crypto currency is able to displace fiat only up to a certain level. Completely fiat will not disappear. There will always be people who will defend their right to use cash and there will be situations for its exclusive use.
Bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency of the state will not be used because of its high volatility. They will use various centralized coins, including, first of all, national ones. Citizens can choose which crypto currency - centralized or decentralized it is to use.
it will be a long way of process before that time will come, and we all knew that there are so many consequences that will happen, one of those could be arguements to which currency we should use or not, but it doesn't actually mean that we should compare both of them and the other way around.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:01:37 AM

Lets see what happen in the future and wait for our government but i think bitcoin and fiat are good partner because this two have a different way of uses that important to our daily life.

microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:49:45 AM

Definitely yes more income tax if bitcoin can controlled by government but how they able to make bilateral meeting to meet their representative for closely agreement for taxable deduction which is until now nobody can own this bitcoin Flatform  it is only in DIGITAL VIRTUAL CURRENCY no one can manipulate this.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:17:26 AM

This was the main reason for bitcoin to be invented, this is why it's called to be a form of digital cash, when it comes to cash you do not need authorization from the  governments or a bank to give your cash away and the same is true for bitcoin, this is why they are not very happy with bitcoin but they have no idea how to deal with it, they cannot ban it but regulation is not going to work either.
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:47:21 AM

Thats good observation but i think crypto will invade fiat in the future, i see it as extinct money that time because it will be a cashless world. So we will be focusing on digital money.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:43:16 AM

The government will have thought of the analogy you made, selling the car with cryptocurrency and the government will get taxes or sell cars with cash and the government will not get taxes. If it is true that cryptocurrency is accepted by the government and the government will get a share of each transaction from each cryptocurrency user, I think cryptocurrency users can trick the government.

I mean, every user can exchange cryptocurrency to fiat currency and the user will make payment with fiat currency with the reason to avoid tax by a government. The thing of tax government will have a smart to set up, and if only rely on taxes alone the government will never to think and accept cryptocurrency. But I hope if the government accepts the use of cryptocurrency they see in terms of function and benefits that will be generated.
lebrone08

Activity: 142
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:22:35 AM

Personally, I see the future without fiat money, but a full cashless settlement. The Internet currency is the currency of the future, there will be a word behind it.

I don't think so, whatever happen Fiat currency would not disappear. Fiat currency is controlled by a government and the good thing about it is that if something happens to your money you still have the chance to recover it by recovering all you bank transaction. Unlike crypto, if you make some mistakes you can never retrieve it anymore. And most of the time elders are no longer interested to learn this kind of technology and they prefer to use Fiat currency. So I think this could never happen, being a cashless society.
mhhyysqa

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:43:07 AM

Bitcoin can help improve our monetary system in the future, and it can reduce people's dependence on Fiat.
sangungaji

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:07:37 AM

I think cryptocurrency will be widely used in the future because there are many people today in the corporate world who earn a little salary and if they know about bitcoin then they will try to invest with bitcoin to earn additional income. I have done it.
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

From what you said,  since digital money is easily traced and taxed,  this would also mean corruption can be minimized. However,  i believe both Bitcoin and fiat will exist in the future.  Because it is not easy to eliminated fiat. Government would have a great resistance on that. 
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:11:17 AM

Government will be able to to do something about cryptocurrency, government will not be able to control the flow of cryptocurrency since taxes cannot be applied to block chain but the government might ban cryptocurrency in their country if the economy is being affected in a negative way.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:26:38 AM

From what you said,  since digital money is easily traced and taxed,  this would also mean corruption can be minimized. However,  i believe both Bitcoin and fiat will exist in the future.  Because it is not easy to eliminated fiat. Government would have a great resistance on that. 
The problem is not that the government will resist. Fiat and cryptocurrencies have a different purpose. The economies of all countries are manually regulated by the government. To do this, you need to have control over the currency turnover. This opportunity provides only Fiat. Without Fiat, all countries will collapse in the economy. We don't want that ourselves. So Fiat will never disappear.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:32:56 AM

Well as long as the government is still in power, they could do a lot of things to its citizen. If crypto is still illegal, the govt can sue you and put you in jail. Those people who prefer crypto must fight their way to legalize crypto in their country. Btw, legalization has nothing to do with earning money. I think in most country trading and gaining value from crypto is still allowed.

I agree with your point, digital payment will make it easier to monitor cash flows. It also will reduce the cost of cash—paper and coin don't come out of nowhere, they have to be printed and minted. But your car selling example is a bit off IMO, the govt would know anyway even if you pay by cash.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:10:32 PM

I think in the near future we will see both fiat and cryptocurrency will be down, there will be inflation from both ends, for crypto currency, there will be a lot of FUDs that will come out, but in the end, in the long run cryptocurrench will still be alive, however for fiat, since all the economy today seems to be going falling, if you check all the currencies today they are falling as well due to the price of oil, and if we check Venezuela, they tried to make a currency for payment of oil, and i think that would be the start, since the USD is falling, in the long run, inflation will be high and people will look for ways on how to earn, and the best thing to do it will be by crypto, though fiat will still be there, most will be shifting.
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:47:20 PM

To be frank we are here in the crypto currency and that’s why we always like to see our bitcoin or other crypto currency to take the place of fiat currency. Somehow we start to correlate bitcoin with all other type of ways to transact but that’s just not possible for bitcoin. At least not in today’s date when the crypto is in ambiguous use of real people in terms of laundering, scams, frauds etc. Governemnt will allow its use only when it’s really mandatory or upto the mark.
I completely support your idea guy. I think that almost all people in crypto’s market both have a wish to use bitcoin legally. Truly bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is being owned in most parts of the world, but you know that still many other people don’t know what it is , that’s one of the most reasons that cryptocurrency still don’t be recognized strongly. Moreover, Government probably can’t control the digital market, thus they would not get many benefits from crytpcurrency any more, especially taxation. Anyway, bitcoin may be accepted like fiat someday.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:44:59 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 07:45:51 AM by GoldenLad

This is what we all hope for but the problem is if the government will ever make this work out. If the fiat currency would work same in hand with cryptocurrency i believe there will be a less use of credit cards or wire transfer for online payment cause bitcoin and some worthy cryptocurrency would take over. And after for some time cryptocurrency will slowly start taking over but  the government will not really like this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: