Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thailand approves 7 cryptocurrency  (Read 423 times)
Nalbo (OP)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

The Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand has unveiled the details of the country’s regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings, including licensing requirements, fees, and a list of seven approved cryptocurrencies.

The SEC will allow seven cryptocurrencies, used for initial coin offerings (ICOs), to be traded as trading pairs. They are bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, ethereum classic, litecoin, ripple, and stellar.

https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/
BTMgoMoon

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

This is a very good news. I don't know if Thailand will produce a large number of cryptocurrency investors. If so, it will drive the developme
Rox123

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:52:22 PM

Awesome, and all the essentials too Cheesy I hope other countries follow suite asap, so that we can isolate those who won't comply haha. Oops!
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:01:20 PM

The Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand has unveiled the details of the country’s regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings, including licensing requirements, fees, and a list of seven approved cryptocurrencies.

The SEC will allow seven cryptocurrencies, used for initial coin offerings (ICOs), to be traded as trading pairs. They are bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, ethereum classic, litecoin, ripple, and stellar.

https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/

This is a positive and impressive news
The acceptance of crypto currency is soaring across nations and very soon
Every one would partake in crypto currency

Let’s wait for China and korea acceptance too
Come next week

Together we make a great Blockchain word
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:10:26 PM

This is great news for Thailand, because of this the potential for the growth of their economy would likely to become better, if they have approved 7 cryptos for the country I think people in Thailand would likely to recognize and know crypto much better and most likely explore other altcurrencies.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

"Good news", countries already decide what we able to trade and who is good/who is bad, everything is repeating and leads to the current centralized world, owned by banks. I hope all these restrictions will ruin one day and only people will decide what to trade, where and when.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

It is really a good news that more and more country starting to accepts cryptocurrency, although in my opinion it ruins the purpose of cryptocurrency as decentralization..
I don't know if this might lead to regulation of cryptocurrencies but let's hope that this positive news brings a good value to us as a investor. Let's hope that cryptocurrencies will finally get recognition from more people.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

This is a good sign that crypto currency still growing I hope other countries will follow too so that investors will allure to invest more. Hoping for the more progress in bitcoin now that Thailand open for the crypto currency.

IIV

Activity: 130
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

At least this is a start.
They are regulating ICOs, that's the first kind of thing I've heard and it would make Thailand a great place for legit ICO and a prescription would also make the investors secure of their investment and the ICO can have a guaranteed flow.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:33:45 PM

If only every country regulated and made every ICO register and abide by local law, there would likely be less scams and loss in the ICO industry.
Though the concept of decentralization and anonymity is great, but at current time, our greed won't let it happen. So, it's better to limit ourself from the authorities unless we are capable of handling it ourself.

AlisaWhishie

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 01:40:14 PM

"Good news", countries already decide what we able to trade and who is good/who is bad, everything is repeating and leads to the current centralized world, owned by banks. I hope all these restrictions will ruin one day and only people will decide what to trade, where and when.

People who are happy to read this are probably here for income, not for an idea of decenralization, so I can understand their thoughts. As a rule, the prices usually grow after some country approves crypto, but it doesn't matter that it needs any approval just to exist. And now I'm just surprised to see that Ripple is not the only currency in this list. (I avoid calling it crypto and also recommend you to do so, hah).

bitbink

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:45:03 PM

This is very good news! Note that in Asia, cryptocurrencies are developing at a faster pace! Of course, the leader in this process is Japan, but it is pleasing that more and more countries are beginning to work with cryptocurrencies at the official level.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:48:18 PM

Apart from Ripple I really happy about the other coins get accepted mate. If you want to invest on the ICO project we need to follow some regulations on it accordingly mate. In that way Thai security commission is like doing job in regulation thought as well bro.

Since thai tourist spot adopting bitcoin as payment mode is really convenient to all the people mate.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:09:51 PM

I have always considered Thailand as the best place to relax during the vacation. There cheap prices and awesome nature.
It seems that after this news one more advantage was added. For me, this is very useful news. Now I can probably easily pay bills there using cryptocurrency.
Wow. I will follow the news.

kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:19:49 PM

more often you can see the news about the legalization of cryptocurrencies.This is very pleasing.All these news suggest that the capitalization of cryptocurrencies will grow and therefore, accordingly, the exchange rate.let's welcome the new player. Cool Cool Wink
vaso11

Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:24:53 PM

This is a good news. Typically, Thailand does not play a big role in the crypto-world world but they are on the right path

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:30:14 PM

Wondering why they have selected that much currencies only?
Why not appprve all the crypto currencies if they are going to use it anyway. I mean it’s good decision as these pairs will be available for the trading purpose but I don’t see a lot of use behind this. People will always get stuck at some point when they will need more trading pairs and it may not work properly. So this system might just fail and they may need to declare full list of legalisation.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

That's really a great news. I hope and expect all the countries' govt will also take decision in the same way to legalize the transaction of cryptos. Thus it will be a great sector for investment. And development will change the market and the world.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

Wondering why they have selected that much currencies only?
Why not appprve all the crypto currencies if they are going to use it anyway. I mean it’s good decision as these pairs will be available for the trading purpose but I don’t see a lot of use behind this. People will always get stuck at some point when they will need more trading pairs and it may not work properly. So this system might just fail and they may need to declare full list of legalisation.
ETH is unquestionably popular in most ICOs so it is just as right as bitcoin to be included in the list.
I agree with filtering the list with only the most popular altcoins. Approving all means approving even those scam ones.
I believe there will be more additions in due time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:47:21 PM

more legalization then more possible to cryptocurrencies increase the demand because crypto also good as digital asset for long term and people at there probably will concerning for crypto especially for bitcoin and after Singapore open their mind for crypto then probably Thailand also second countries in south east asia who accept crypto
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: